Oldest still active Sherdog member?

i know there's dudes over 60, but i wonder if we have anyone over 70 around.
There’s a guy who used to be a mod that had an old picture of some senior citizen as his avatar, I understood that was supposed to be him and he stopped posting like 20 years ago.

I think JKD or JeetKunDo was in his name.

Dec 2001 is the oldest date you will find here. But all of us would have been vets from Sherdog EZboard days.
Jesus H Christ!
A 2001 account. Don't think I have seen one of those in over a decade.
And the username a legendary Tank Abbot quote as well.
Doesn't look like he's active since 2022 though so hopefully checks in again at some point.
Hespect to those there when the sport was being put on the map, nothing will ever touch those days it will be remembered in history.

@Yorick is like 134 years old

there is also a poster that claims his father fought in WWII which would make him up there in age
My father did, at the very end of ww2, in europe I think, but he didn't have me until he was 42 which was older at that time, might not be so old today. I see women having kids in their 40's today which, I hear isn't ideal for the child's health, but given how fucked up we've become as a society, is just the way things are.

As far as comp use, it doesn't seem like it should be that fucking difficult and it's a pain in the ass to have to write to old people I know because they can't do anything online, i mean, the old stamp and letter is something that is of the past.

Why older people get stuck in their ways, i think, is more than some sort of real barrier, a lot of it's just laziness, mental laziness. I heard that my idol, Prince, couldn't really tweet and had no clue of a lot of basic computer functions, the odd thing about that was that he was a pioneer in using the latest technology in the 80's for his music and also was always seeing into the future as far as music and the internet. He was predicting, long before napster, that the internet would be the death knell for the music industry. In true Gemini fashion he was a dual personality in many ways.

Not that old, but getting almost old. I'm also an OG but only just into the 40's.
it's nice to see the more mature posters though, when I was first here, I was well into my thirties and the immaturity made it real hard to communicate in a reasonable way, you know, just the youthful arrogance and false confidence in one's knowledge, which is just a stage most of us go through.

Back