O'Malley is silencing critics every step of the way

First people say that he was brittle and wouldn't be able to take pressure. No injuries since the nerve anomaly with Chito the first time around.

Then was the narrative that he was being protected and was a can crusher. He proceeds to fight Yan and win, however controversially.

Then came the narrative that Aljo was going to outwrestle and submit him and was a bad match up. O'Malley goes and knocks him out.

Then people reiterated that the first Chito fight wasn't a fluke, even though the outcome was decided by a toe plucking a nerve that made Sean's leg go numb, in an extremely anomalous occurrence. Sean rematches him and completely dominates.

Then people say he is refusing to fight top contenders and cherry picking opponents. Now it appears will fight Merab.

He's sure as Hell making it hard to dislike him.

I was one of them, the fight against Yan changed my mind, but it looks like he is still improving. Really impressive.

-Couldn't finish Moutinho, a human punching bag

-Was given a gift decision against Yan

-Never came close to finish a durable but very hurt Vera and got hurt himself at the end of the fight by a body shot. Left the building with another leg injury

-We know nothing about his wrestling yet. Hopefully we'll find out very soon with Merab

Allow me to still have my doubts about him as a long-term champion in that division.

Yeah, he's a killer and if you don't see that, you just don't like his hair.

it’s the opposite. without his gimmick, he might not have garnered the interest he’s gotten, and maybe wouldn’t have had the opportunities he’s had.

that said, now that he’s champ, i dont think the gimmick really helps him anymore. he’s not as annoying as he looks. if he cleaned up, maybe fewer people would dislike him.

Agreed. Dudes here are too afraid of thinking they look gay liking him but dude is no joke.

True.

Caring about how another man dresses and his sex life is about as beta as it gets btw.

What in the ever loving fuck do you mean what does it matter if he's likeable or not? being likable, or not relates directly to how the fans respond to you. I cant even believe I just had to actually type that sentence out. Jesus fucking christ.

Yes but it shouldnt. YOURE HERE TO WATCH FUCKING FIGHTS not to judge a popularity contest, buttboy.

If he wasn't a cuck and didn't dress like a clown, i probably would be a fan. But i don't care if the clown went all the way up to HW and won, i still won't root for that cuck clown weirdo.

Thank you for proving my point. And fair assessment.

Yea, it's irrational. I love watching Sean fight, he's extremely entertaining. What I don't like and not a fan of is the blatant and obvious politicking to run away from a fight with Merab.

I don't know that I would worship him, I don't worship any fighter/athlete/celebrity etc.

That said I do enjoy his fighting style, kid is wicked on the feet, great hands, good kicks, excellent footwork and fight IQ, top notch striker indeed, one of the best in the game.

Looks like a meth addict who went crazy in a tattoo shop. I don't watch many manlet fights and haven't seen much besides last night. He's obviously a very good striker but who's the best wrestler he's faced? Sterling? He has the perfect tall skinny body for a wrestler to ragdoll. Let's see how he does against Merab (I know he called out the FW champ instead).

Casual detected! And yes I have been watching longer than you've had an account. Don't try that weak shit on me because I'm not a internet nerd since 2007.

There's a thread showing him with a cast on his arm and leg after this fight so... I'd say he's still brittle lol. As far as protected, Dana himself admitted he had to be convinced into letting O'malley fight Yan. Aljo looked off but that's on Aljo.

As for O'Malley's skills everybody knows he is a really good striker. It's more all the dumb shit he says like Andrew Tate type shit and saying he would try heroin.

Yes but it shouldnt. YOURE HERE TO WATCH FUCKING FIGHTS not to judge a popularity contest, buttboy.
Oh gee thanks for confirming you're a fucking idiot.

Seriously, the man is insanely good at fighting.

Fast, accurate, creative, insane repetoir of techniques, angles, footwork... the man can do everything.

He would be a beloved figure here, if it wasnt for his cross dressing and pimping his wife out to other men. Admit it.

I can admit he has talent, but hes a douchebag in more ways than I care to support sir.

average people don't relate with someone who is fastracked in an embarassing way.
sage was the same and he wasn't a weirdo or an unlikeable person at all, Conor after gettin a ts (the first that didn't happened) after Brimage-Brandao-Siver, same with Bisping who was accused to be the favorite just because he was attracting uk audience and back in the day at some point even Sakuraba has been criticized for a series of favorable refereeing.

Last edited:
He's not that good in the pocket though as most lanky guys, its the clear way to beat him as proven by chito in the later rounds. A few good liver shots and he isn't getting back up.

Thats said he's a solid fighter and i hope he fucks all the wrestlers up then loses to Yan some day.

Back