ONE looking to raise more money from Qataris, future tho shakey

I don’t even hate on ONE anymore, seems like that the marketing money ran out and you don’t see as much shills or even general people talking about it.

The events just seem like the same 10 people constantly booked.

Put hopefully they can continue as a Muay Thai promotion

Last edited:
I don’t even hate on ONE anymore, seems like that the marketing money ran out and you don’t see as much shills or even general people talking about it.

Here in Thailand ONE is just part of a myriad of many MT Promotions. MMA helped differate it, every Muay Thai Promotion tries to be different.

Hate for ONE to give up on MMA. IMO Best bet would be for TKO to buy it but Chatri wants too much on a not a money making promotion.

MMA is boring outside of top tier fighters, even UFC has 80% regional fillers now. One Muay Thai is top notch action and JBG though

Here in Thailand ONE is just part of a myriad of many MT Promotions. MMA helped differate it, every Muay Thai Promotion tries to be different.

Hate for ONE to give up on MMA. IMO Best bet would be for TKO to buy it but Chatri wants too much on a not a money making promotion.
The 4oz aspect is what differentiates it imho

3 rounds aside from title fights as well. Based on the one throwaway show I went to in their Friday series, they do well attendance-wise there but it's also a pretty small arena. At this point, I'd be perfectly fine with them scrapping mma altogether and just doing muay thai / kickboxing but doubt they could get keep raising capital that way.

I've always found generic stadium muay thai pretty boring for the most part but I like the weekly one shows.

ONE had a lot of potential in the past and is still trying to market itself as the UFC of the east, but they don't seem to be making any real money out there. Too much focus on disciplines like submission grappling which is a surefire cure for insomnia, and muay thai where fighters are beating the crap out of each other from childhood and everyone pretends it's normal and/or healthy. The whole product just has a weird smell to it.

Being dependent on Qatar for money certainly doesn't help them there.

Good news is that ONE made the Forbes list over PFL.
#1. UFC: $11.3 billion, #2. WWE: $6.8 billion, #3. AEW® (All Elite Wrestling): $2 billion, #4. ONE Championship: $1.3 billion,
#5. Matchroom Boxing: $850 million, #6. PFL: $690 million, #7. Top Rank Boxing: $630 million, #8. Premier Boxing Championship: $600 million,
#9. Golden Boy Promotions: $450 million, #10. Combate Global: $120 million.

#1. UFC: $11.3 billion, #2. WWE: $6.8 billion, #3. AEW® (All Elite Wrestling): $2 billion, #4. ONE Championship: $1.3 billion,
#5. Matchroom Boxing: $850 million, #6. PFL: $690 million, #7. Top Rank Boxing: $630 million, #8. Premier Boxing Championship: $600 million,

That article is so garbage that I didn’t even post it on here. Literally no actual research, just taking promoter claims at face value

That article is so garbage that I didn’t even post it on here. Literally no actual research, just taking promoter claims at face value
Hey, if it helps them get more money to continue I am not gonna argue. Triller I thought would be gone by now but got someone to merge with them.

Serious question Who watches Combate?

ONE found a niche with its 4oz + 3 round MT bouts. They're fun and exciting for an audience in a way that standard MT might not be.

But its MMA an afterthought and its kickboxing is just a less interesting version of its MT.

It's MT is great to watch but I'm not really sure how you expand the business from there, it's kind of limited

ONE found a niche with its 4oz + 3 round MT bouts. They're fun and exciting for an audience in a way that standard MT might not be.

But its MMA an afterthought and its kickboxing is just a less interesting version of its MT.

It's MT is great to watch but I'm not really sure how you expand the business from there, it's kind of limited
RWS has made it better recently and found the middle ground. It’s the same technical stuff a lot with breaking up clinches in a reasonable time span. ONE MT just seems like mindless action where they swing hooks until someone drops

ONE FC worth 1.3BBBBBBBBBBBBB BAAAAHHHAAAAAAAAA

Bellator sold for basically peanuts. Last estimates I saw ONE and Bellator over the last 5-6 years weren't to far off from each other on revenue. Loses never saw much for Bellator but ONE had crazy losses that also double from year to year. The last one I read if my memory is correct was closing in on 100M. Always heard Bellator never made much money but never was losing much money either or at least not losing money at alarming rate. The DAZN years where the best for Bellator. No doubt Bellator was the more sound business over the years.

Back