One punch knockout artists.

Michael Carbajal threw absolute nukes at dudes he might get his ass kicked for 12 and then land that kill in the 12th (arce)

honorable mention Rocky Lockford he might not have knocked dudes dead in the ring that often but his legacy fight in front of the corner store was about as slept a guy can get

wow wasn’t aware of this guy’s work. basically a 175 pound ezra sellers. southpaw glass cannon with nuclear power. great mention.

Thanks for mentioning Ezra Sellers. The Stewart and Thompson bouts are legendary stuff.

wow wasn’t aware of this guy’s work. basically a 175 pound ezra sellers. southpaw glass cannon with nuclear power. great mention.

Thanks man. Yeah there's something really intriguing about guys like these guys. There's no sweet science or nuance involved. Just go in there throw bombs and go out on your shield if/when you have to. His fight w/ Adonis was pretty crazy iirc and boy did Williams go out on his shield in that one.

My boy Matthysse was quite the puncher in his heyday as well. Much more refined than most bruisers tho. John Molina is another guy who's an absolute banger. Do remember their fight? That shit was insane. What Matthysse did to a sturdy fighter in Emmanuel Taylor, nobody else has done. The beating he put on Soto was brutal as well.

i don’t recall prince naseem ever knocking anyone unconscious with one punch. like ever.
I doubted this but then I watched some of his KO HL's and I think you are right. He has a lot of one punch stoppages but I can't see a single one where they are totally unconscious as in not moving.

Thanks for mentioning Ezra Sellers. The Stewart and Thompson bouts are legendary stuff.
one of my favorite fighters to watch. guy had incredible power and most of his televised fights were barnburners. just a good fun fighter.
I doubted this but then I watched some of his KO HL's and I think you are right. He has a lot of one punch stoppages but I can't see a single one where they are totally unconscious as in not moving.
yeah he dropped plenty of guys with one punch and certainly made them say “no más” rolling around on the canvas but he wasn’t really knocking anyone out cold.

Thanks man. Yeah there's something really intriguing about guys like these guys. There's no sweet science or nuance involved. Just go in there throw bombs and go out on your shield if/when you have to. His fight w/ Adonis was pretty crazy iirc and boy did Williams go out on his shield in that one.

My boy Matthysse was quite the puncher in his heyday as well. Much more refined than most bruisers tho. John Molina is another guy who's an absolute banger. Do remember their fight? That shit was insane. What Matthysse did to a sturdy fighter in Emmanuel Taylor, nobody else has done. The beating he put on Soto was brutal as well.

hell yes. matthysse hit like a train. had one of the more spectacular KO’s of the decade against mike dallas jr.

hell yes. matthysse hit like a train. had one of the more spectacular KO’s of the decade against mike dallas jr.

A big trend w/ guys who have this kind of power is that they're naturally gifted and even if they don't have technique they still can bang w/ both hands. Like you know Deontay has the killshot Alabama Jam w/ his right hand but you can assume if the guy hits you w/ a clean left you're going down as well.

I wonder a lot what the strong hand for most fighters is. They don't talk about that enough imo. A lot of converted orthodox guys out their. Cubans have that technique and are known mostly as slick southpaws who have sniper left hands.

I think a lot of Mexican fighters who are left handed, they probably still fight orthodox. I don't really know a ton of southpaw Mexican fighters historically and that's a hotbed for boxing. That's the theory I have at least. When you can set somebody up w/ a perfectly timed hook, w/ your strong hand.... That's a recipe to destroy guys if you do it right.

A big trend w/ guys who have this kind of power is that they're naturally gifted and even if they don't have technique they still can bang w/ both hands. Like you know Deontay has the killshot Alabama Jam w/ his right hand but you can assume if the guy hits you w/ a clean left you're going down as well.

I wonder a lot what the strong hand for most fighters is. They don't talk about that enough imo. A lot of converted orthodox guys out their. Cubans have that technique and are known mostly as slick southpaws who have sniper left hands.

I think a lot of Mexican fighters who are left handed, they probably still fight orthodox. I don't really know a ton of southpaw Mexican fighters historically and that's a hotbed for boxing. That's the theory I have at least. When you can set somebody up w/ a perfectly timed hook, w/ your strong hand.... That's a recipe to destroy guys if you do it right.
wilder’s a weird one because of his stance and the way he tenses up, almost wound up like a spring. everything about his style is completely centered around winging that right hand like a missile, for better or worse. like his chin probably isn’t as bad as it seems, he’s just completely rigid when he’s waiting to explode, which makes the punches land harder, since he’s resisting.

probably can crack with the left too though, as he has a good understanding of using his hips and shoulders to generate power. wish he used the left hook more. would be a good punch to have as a backup if and when he whiffs the right.

yeah i have always felt like it’s a comfort thing. it’s a common occurrence in basketball as well, with right-handed players shooting left-handed and vice versa.

i’m right handed and i shoot a basketball lefty. when i was younger getting into fights i always stood southpaw, and i do still kind of prefer it though i don’t have much of a left hand. i really like jabbing/hooking with the power hand in front. i’ve only trained a little throughout my life but when i was, i tried to practice orthodox and i definitely throw power lefts a lot better from orthodox.

yeah i have always felt like it’s a comfort thing. it’s a common occurrence in basketball as well, with right-handed players shooting left-handed and vice versa.

i’m right handed and i shoot a basketball lefty. when i was younger getting into fights i always stood southpaw, and i do still kind of prefer it though i don’t have much of a left hand. i really like jabbing/hooking with the power hand in front. i’ve only trained a little throughout my life but when i was, i tried to practice orthodox and i definitely throw power lefts a lot better from orthodox.
I remember a story about Tony Thompson, I think, and he didn't start boxing until late like, 27 or some shit. They asked him what his strong hand was, he said he was right handed, they told him to stand orthodox, and he was like nah I like the balance better standing southpaw, so he just stood in the more comfortable position.

I think that's the most important, the stance/comfort/balance is so important it matters more than what your power hand is imo.

Randall Bailey.
wasn't he the one who retired mike jones lol

definitely. de la hoya comes to mind first, he's left handed irl

I was hoping he and his dad would have a reality show where his dad trains his son while seeking redemption.

Series finale would be Jr getting a title shot against the weakest of alphabet organizations champion

Back