Only complete morons have Islam at #1 p4p

if there was no time limit islam would have won the first round on striking and kept volks back from the end of the first until the end.

Which end if there is no time limit, lol?
He would 100% have let go off Volk's back at some point, after realizing he was just getting punched repeatedly by someone who was laughing in his face, lol.

@humdizzle is it like the more posts you have the more retarded you get or something?

It's pretty simple actually:

When you are the bigger fighter, you are supposed to win.

A smaller fighter eating more and cutting less weight doesn't make him equal size to the fighter a weight class above.

When you are supposed to win easily and the smaller fighter "almost" (if not actually) beats you, it is nothing to bragg about.

In short: The LW champ who is #2 p4p is supposed to beat a FW coming up to his weight class fucking easily. If he struggles to the point where people can debate who won the fight, it is embarrassing and definitely doesn't make him p4p #1.

If you disagree with the above it should be no problem for Islam to move up to WW and have a very, very close fight with the WW champ. He is in his estimation #1 p4p after all. I am excited to see him challenging the winner of Leon vs Usman next - hold your breath!
Islam beats Leon, loses to Usman, beats izzy, alex, and whittakker

If mm was p4p 1 and Francis was number 2 and mm goes all the way up to heavyweight (for the sake of this retarded comparison) then loses, should he lose his p4p ranking? The whole point is if they are the exact same size who is the most skilled
Just because you jump up to a weight class for a fight doesn't mean that's your class
Did Izzy get passed by Jan in the rankings after they fought?

A smaller fighter eating more and cutting less weight doesn't make him equal size to the fighter a weight class above.

When you are supposed to win easily and the smaller fighter "almost" (if not actually) beats you, it is nothing to bragg about.

In short: The LW champ who is #2 p4p is supposed to beat a FW coming up to his weight class fucking easily. If he struggles to the point where people can debate who won the fight, it is embarrassing and definitely doesn't make him p4p #1.

If you disagree with the above it should be no problem for Islam to move up to WW and have a very, very close fight with the WW champ. He is in his estimation #1 p4p after all. I am excited to see him challenging the winner of Leon vs Usman next - hold your breath!

are you shitting on jones??

Alex vs Islam .jpg

P4P is a way to compare fighters who are at different weights. Islam and Volk fought each other at 155lbs and Islam won.

I really don't care about P4P arguments, but the amount of hoops you have to jump through to say Volk > Islam is crazy
They are obviously not the same size though.

If you think they are the same size, then they should do the rematch at 145.

IMO, Islam > Volk @ 155, Volk > Islam P4P.

I say that as an Islam fan and I do believe that Islam won the fight.

P4P is a way to pretend that Volk is a better fighter than Gane because is he more well-rounded and has sharper skills. So in that sense, an argument for Volk retaining the P4P top spot makes sense. I just think if two fighters are close enough in weight to fight each other, the loser shouldn't be ranked over the winner.
Sounds like it still means what I thought it means. I’ll continue to stay out of these then lol. People think the GOAT debates I get into make no sense, P4P is next level um..not-sense-making.

I personally never even look at P4P rankings. It's all opinion based anyways. I honestly didn't even know Islam was already #2 before this fight, I would've thought around #5-6.

This is just another thread where fanboys can cry about volk losing g but held his own vs. A bigger man...take your moral victories...I will let you have it....volk is still number 1 p4p...wont erase the fact he lost

P4P is how good you are relative to your division coupled with how stacked your division is. That fight took place at LW.

How else do you want to measure it? How do you rate a guy like Penn who's had big wins over LW but also lost numerous times to smaller guys. Is he p4p a good fighter?

Same for Hendo, plenty of top wins at LHW and even HW yet he gets dominated by a WW. Is he a good p4p fighter?

You're spot on, TS, but these morons manipulate this fantasyland P4P garbage however they want to.

The difference between Nunes and Islam is that Nunes didn't try to fight to her advantages while Islam absolutely tried to.

Nunes didn't make use of her size and strength at all to try and wrestle Val, which saw her scoring a 10-8 in their first fight. Instead she just stood and had a point fight with a faster, more well-versed striker. She gave Val exactly what she wanted. It was a wonder Nunes won.

Islam on the other hand, tried to make as much use of his size and strength advantage as possible by using his grappling.

This is a really solid point

This is just another thread where fanboys can cry about volk losing g but held his own vs. A bigger man...take your moral victories...I will let you have it....volk is still number 1 p4p...wont erase the fact he lost

He won imo. Can’t change my mind at all. Same goes Joanna vs Rose fight 2.

If the #2 P4P guy is close enough in weight to the number #1 P4P guy that they can have a fight in the same weight class, and he beats the #1 guy, he then becomes the new #1 P4P fighter.

It's pretty simple.
<JerryWWF>

Only way to settle this is for Islam to fight Volk at FW. Should be easy considering how close in size they are.....

I'm an Islam fan and I'm a volk fan
For me volk should still be p4p number 1 and agree with the thread

Islam needed to dominate to move ahead imo

Doesn't matter much anyway with the hypothetical

For now Volk is the man at 145 and Islam is still champ at 155

Maybe there will be another showdown in the near future?

That's not really how that works though sir.
Volk is the one that said p4p vs LW title.
Islam won, and domination wasn't part of the deal.
It was a hard fought battle but Islam won.

I don’t have a major problem with someone ranking Islam #1, but agree than I’d want to see Islam lose a tight decision to Usman (or better) to be sure about it. To me Volk is #1.

It's been an interesting weekend in opposite-land Sherdog where wins are losses and losses are wins.
And where there are no longer weight classes, but height classes. Islam and Volk weigh within 5 lbs of each other in the cage, yet the Volkal idiots act like it's Mighty Mouse vs Lesnar.

The p4p#1 is never a guy coming off a loss. That's not how it works.

That's not really how that works though sir.
Volk is the one that said p4p vs LW title.
Islam won, and domination wasn't part of the deal.
It was a hard fought battle but Islam won.

So what would we do if Sterling beat Moreno, Volk beat Sterling, Islam beat Volk, Leon beat Islam, Pereira beat Leon, Hill beat Pereira, and Gane beat Hill?

Would that make Gane the P4P best? Seems stupid to me.

And where there are no longer weight classes, but height classes. Islam and Volk weigh within 5 lbs of each other in the cage, yet the Volkal idiots act like it's Mighty Mouse vs Lesnar.

The p4p#1 is never a guy coming off a loss. That's not how it works.

That’s just silly. What if Islam fought Jiri and lost? He can’t be P4P anymore?

Back