Only complete morons have Islam at #1 p4p

So what would we do if Sterling beat Moreno, Volk beat Sterling, Islam beat Volk, Leon beat Islam, Pereira beat Leon, Hill beat Pereira, and Gane beat Hill?

Would that make Gane the P4P best? Seems stupid to me.

If all that happened a wizard would be involved sir.

bigger? you mean taller?

because Volkanovski's been bulking up for his 155 fight since way before Islam even held the 155 title

did you miss the part in the build up when volk looked islam in the eye and said "LW championship on the line and p4p #1 on the line! lets do it "

by volks on admission he is no longer #1

Who gives a shit what Volk said during the promotion of the fight? Who gives a shit what Volk thinks? This is about what our opinions are.

That’s just silly. What if Islam fought Jiri and lost? He can’t be P4P anymore?

Jiri is several weight classes up from Islam.

Volk and Islam weighed virtually identical in the cage.

So your made up scenario is stupid and irrelevant to the situation.

Does anyone really have him as the best pound for pound, though?

I don't think many do.

bigger? you mean taller?

because Volkanovski's been bulking up for his 155 fight since way before Islam even held the 155 title

Everyone has an optimal weight class. They can gain weight above that but that doesn’t mean they aren’t at a disadvantage.

Jiri is several weight classes up from Islam.

Volk and Islam weighed virtually identical in the cage.

So your made up scenario is stupid and irrelevant to the situation.

No, it isn’t. You’re welcome to rank Islam #1 but there’s a good argument for Volk whether that upsets you or not.

That's not really how that works though sir.
Volk is the one that said p4p vs LW title.
Islam won, and domination wasn't part of the deal.
It was a hard fought battle but Islam won.

I still give the smaller man the benefit of the doubt when it is competitive, but I see your point

I still give the smaller man the benefit of the doubt when it is competitive, but I see your point

They also fought at the same weight class.
Not only that but Volk said Islam wasn't strong, so that doesn't sound like a smaller man sir.

No, it isn’t. You’re welcome to rank Islam #1 but there’s a good argument for Volk whether that upsets you or not.

Lol, you are the one who is upset my friend.

No p4p#1 has ever been a guy coming off a loss. I'm sorry your boy needs to cut the extra 10 lbs to fight guys his height, maybe he can gain some courage from real giant slaywrs like Minowaman.

Volkanovski lost.
You can’t be pound for pound after a loss.
He got beaten at his own game.
Winning should always be the number one criteria.

It's pretty simple actually:

When you are the bigger fighter, you are supposed to win.

A smaller fighter eating more and cutting less weight doesn't make him equal size to the fighter a weight class above.

When you are supposed to win easily and the smaller fighter "almost" (if not actually) beats you, it is nothing to bragg about.

In short: The LW champ who is #2 p4p is supposed to beat a FW coming up to his weight class fucking easily. If he struggles to the point where people can debate who won the fight, it is embarrassing and definitely doesn't make him p4p #1.

If you disagree with the above it should be no problem for Islam to move up to WW and have a very, very close fight with the WW champ. He is in his estimation #1 p4p after all. I am excited to see him challenging the winner of Leon vs Usman next - hold your breath!

You spent so much time putting this argument together and turns out it’s total dog shit - what a waste of time.

They catapulted Islam in the p4p rankings pretty abruptly. I don't think he has enough top wins or title defenses to be considered yet, let alone #1.

It's marketing, though. Is normal, I guess.

Islam should fight Volkan at FW. If he loses they should fight at catchweight 150lbs for the p4p belt.

But only if people care enough.

Wasn't the fight for the LW belt and P4P? I'm still not buying the narrative Volk was undersized...height aside he looked much thicker than Islam, his legs and arms were twice his size.

Wait, you mean we shouldn't reward double points for defensive wrestling?
They don't reward 1x points for defensive wrestling, let alone double. If they did, Khabib would lost cleanly against Thibau and many more examples. Completely unfair, but what can you do. Failed grappling initiation is scored so yeah...

Back