Social Oregon Gov scraps need for high school proficiency tests in order to help students of color.

If you're stupid, you're stupid. Doesn't matter what race... If a pattern begins to show up then so be it. We can't keep hiding from ourselves with lies because we don't want to feel bad. Feeling bad is a positive part of life, we gain from it...

...this doesn't help students of color, it harms them...

That's actually a principle of the defund movement that everyone laughs at, and I just explained the logic to you. I couldn't have made it simpler.

The black community has seen the police as the enemy for decades, because that's what they were. Black people were aggressively over policed and prosecuted and as a result black families were ripped apart. We look back at overt racism in the police department in the seventies and eighties and wonder how it was ever possible, without admitting that it wasn't that long ago and a lot of the damage done to black families hasn't had time to heal.

If white people, especially wealthy white people had been policed anywhere near as aggressively there would have been police strung up on street corners.

The Black Panthers were specifically formed to show up at crime scenes and make sure any black person who was arrested made it to a police station alive.
It's, not, logical.

That's not logic.

It's, not, logical.

That's not logic.

What isn't?

Are you disputing the fact that aggressively and over policing and prosecuting a community has adverse effects?

Or the fact that white America deliberately kneecapped black communities by keeping them poor, shepherding them into ghettos and making it almost impossible for them to buy homes?

What isn't?

Are you disputing the fact that aggressively and over policing and prosecuting a community has adverse effects?

Or the fact that white America deliberately kneecapped black communities by keeping them poor, shepherding them into ghettos and making it almost impossible for them to buy homes?

Over policing isn't an issue if nobody is committing crimes.

White America has not kneecapped black communities for years. I don't see how it's a white persons problem a black person doesn't get a job or not have kids out of wedlock.

Over policing isn't an issue if nobody is committing crimes.

White America has not kneecapped black communities for years. I don't see how it's a white persons problem a black person doesn't get a job or not have kids out of wedlock.

Over policing is absolutely an issue if it targets one community while ignoring others and specifically over prosecutes them; I have no idea how you can argue this isn't true. Everyone complains that rich people don't get punished where a regular person would, this is the same paradigm. The marijuana example you said was irrelevant illustrates how if the level of policing had been reversed, white people would have that same level of statistics, not that this would ever happen in white America.

White America did all the things I said they did, which knee capped black communities. As I have already carefully explained this to you in detail, why don't you answer this question: Did white America make it incredibly difficult for black families to buy homes as recently as the seventies? When you say no and I prove they did, will that change your opinion on the subject? My parents generation were buying home during that time and I stand to inherit more than a million dollars in property.

Kids out of wedlock are common anywhere there's poverty.

Anyways, this has been exhausting.

Last edited:
In an email to the media outlets, Charles Boyle, a spokesman for the governor, said the new standards for graduation would help benefit the state’s "Black, Latino, Latinx, Indigenous, Asian, Pacific Islander, Tribal, and students of color."

<seedat><TheDonald>
Latinx <36>

Over policing is absolutely an issue if it targets one community while ignoring others and specifically over prosecutes them; I have no idea how you can argue this isn't true. Everyone complains that rich people don't get punished where a regular person would, this is the same paradigm. The marijuana example you said was irrelevant illustrates how if the level of policing had been reversed, white people would have that same level of statistics, not that this would ever happen in white America.

White America did all the things I said they did, which knee capped black communities. As I have already carefully explained this to you in detail, why don't you answer this question: Did white America make it incredibly difficult for black families to buy homes as recently as the seventies? When you say no and I prove they did, will that change your opinion on the subject? My parents generation were buying home during that time and I stand to inherit more than a million dollars in property.

Kids out of wedlock is common anywhere there's poverty.

Anyways, this has been exhausting.

Its not over policing nor is it over prosecuting if the crimes are happening. Rich people don't get punished as much because they can afford better lawyers, yeah it's a problem but its not like Rich people are over represented in violent crime either lol

Marijuana offenses aren't always just for weed either, its tacked on or its not their first crime to be committed. Those statistics are completely bogus and taken out of context.

You answered the question, the 70s, its 2021. Its been 40-50 years. I never said no they didn't.

Was that a typo also?
It's indicative of his overall level of intelligence. He doesn't understand the difference between the plural and possessive forms. Nor present and past tense. He wants to lecture to the "other" about getting an education, but clearly lacks one of his own. Sad.

It's culture pure and simple. I grew up in Orange county California in a predominant Hispanic high school with Asian and White minority. The Whites where more affluent and Hispanics and Asians where working class or straight out poor. Yet it was the Asian kids that out perform everyone. I still live in the OC, in a different part but a mix of Asian and Hispanic much closer. Both races working class, immigrants and same issue with language barrier. The Asian kids are constantly the top students.

Fellow OC Dog

Sounds like you live in Santa Ana Garden Grove area.

And yes, plenty of 1st generation poor Vietnamese/Chinese/Filipino kids. And by and large they kick ass in school

Fellow OC Dog

Sounds like you live in Santa Ana Garden Grove area.

And yes, plenty of 1st generation poor Vietnamese/Chinese/Filipino kids. And by and large they kick ass in school

Grew up in Santa Ana, now live in Anaheim.

Grew up in Santa Ana, now live in Anaheim.

Damn! Grew up in Buena Park, lived in Garden Grove early adult years. Now also live in Anaheim/Yorba Linda Area

BTW, love Santa Ana/Garden Grove. While both have their problems. Pretty cool cities with incredible food

It's indicative of his overall level of intelligence. He doesn't understand the difference between the plural and possessive forms. Nor present and past tense. He wants to lecture to the "other" about getting an education, but clearly lacks one of his own. Sad.

These discussions drain me of the will to live.

I get that social dynamics are complex and most people live in a bubble, but the things people flat out deny are really disheartening.

A long time ago I got the point where I was tired of all the films about the shitty things that happened to black people, I kept thinking "enough already, we get it". Apparently there are a lot of people who still don't. (I went through the same phase with the holocaust when The Pianist was released).

There is so much black history that very people know, and honestly it's no surprise conservatives want to keep it that way. This entire year and all the manufactured outrage regarding CRT is just backlash for the support BLM received last year.

It makes me wish they were actually teaching some of the principles of CRT to all the children in America. Not the ridiculously complex stuff, but the basics of how white people did a lot of damage to black people over the course of centuries and there is still a lot of work to be done to heal the black community. Maybe teach that Washington wasn't a hero and he didn't free his own slaves, he in fact moved them around systematically to keep them slaves for as long as possible.

I don't know where it's written that we have to have heroes or feel good about our forefathers. I think perpetuating those lies is a disservice to the society we want to become.

These discussions drain me of the will to live.

I get that social dynamics are complex and most people live in a bubble, but the things people flat out deny are really disheartening.

A long time ago I got the point where I was tired of all the films about the shitty things that happened to black people, I kept thinking "enough already, we get it". Apparently there are a lot of people who still don't. (I went through the same phase with the holocaust when The Pianist was released).

There is so much black history that very people know, and honestly it's no surprise conservatives want to keep it that way. This entire year and all the manufactured outrage regarding CRT is just backlash for the support BLM received last year.

It makes me wish they were actually teaching some of the principles of CRT to all the children in America. Not the ridiculously complex stuff, but the basics of how white people did a lot of damage to black people over the course of centuries and there is still a lot of work to be done to heal the black community. Maybe teach that Washington wasn't a hero and he didn't free his own slaves, he in fact moved them around systematically to keep them slaves for as long as possible.

I don't know where it's written that we have to have heroes or feel good about our forefathers. I think perpetuating those lies is a disservice to the society we want to become.

The black family unit was stronger when racism was ACTUALLY a problem. Racism has NOTHING to do with the breakdown of the black family.

The black family unit was stronger when racism was ACTUALLY a problem. Racism has NOTHING to do with the breakdown of the black family.

All family units were stronger fifty years ago.

And you're completely wrong about racism but I'm too tired to explain it to someone who wouldn't believe it even if he was smart enough to understand it.

As if we were only discussing that one small aspect or that we should narrow it down only to that. It's A LOT bigger than that. And it's a myopic view based mainly on marriage rates. My family didn't end the second my parents separated or got divorced. And if my parents hadn't married but still lived together and raised me and my brother, we wouldn't have not been a family just because they lacked a marriage certificate.

All family units were stronger fifty years ago.

And you're completely wrong about racism but I'm too tired to explain it to someone who wouldn't believe it even if he was smart enough to understand it.

You seriously sound like a person who has never lived amongst what you speak of. During Jim Fucking Crow the intact Black family unit was something like 70+%. It is now something like 25%. A FAR more drastic drop than any other race.

So again, this has NOTHING to do with racism. In fact, the position you are advocating here is by definition racist. But I don't actually think in your heart you are racist. I just believe you have a very sheltered view/bubble and likely have not grown up around different cultures

As if we were only discussing that one small aspect or that we should narrow it down only to that. It's A LOT bigger than that. And it's a myopic view based mainly on marriage rates. My family didn't end the second my parents separated or got divorced. And if my parents hadn't married but still lived together and raised me and my brother, we wouldn't have not been a family just because they lacked a marriage certificate.

My dad left when I was 2. And I'm pretty successful. But that means absolutely nothing in the grand scheme. The vast majority of black children living in broken homes do not turn out the same way.

And these stats are not unmarried couples. We are talking 1 parent(mother) households.

Also, this mandate will only widen the gap between Asian/whites and black children. Because Asians and whites will seek private school or tutors. This type of thinking will create more black men destined for prison.

So in ending, the guy you are arguing for is #1. Espousing racist rhetoric and #2. Backing policy that will 100% hurt the black children.

Back