Social Oregon Gov scraps need for high school proficiency tests in order to help students of color.

And you sound like an asshole. But the difference between your accusation and mine is that while I've NEVER tried cocaine or crack, you are indeed an asshole.
I'm glad to hear that. As someone who's sold drugs to people in the past, cocaine is the most disgusting drug I've dealt and watched. At least heroin addicts can come down. Coke fiends are the grossest fucking people.

The black family unit was stronger when racism was ACTUALLY a problem. Racism has NOTHING to do with the breakdown of the black family.

Jim Crow precedes this chart and black people made up most of this explosive growth of the prison population. I'm pretty confident you'll say racism wasn't involved and black people are just criminal by nature, or suggest that mass incarceration doesn't have a significant effect on the family unit.

2018_07_MassIncarcerationGraph-02b.jpg

Jim Crow precedes this chart and black people made up most of this explosive growth of the prison population. I'm pretty confident you'll say racism wasn't involved and black people are just criminal by nature, or suggest that mass incarceration doesn't have a significant effect on the family unit.

Thank you for proving my point. Less incarcerated blacks when racism was an actual thing

You just proved your entire thesis is wrong.

My dad left when I was 2. And I'm pretty successful. But that means absolutely nothing in the grand scheme. The vast majority of black children living in broken homes do not turn out the same way.

And these stats are not unmarried couples. We are talking 1 parent(mother) households.

Also, this mandate will only widen the gap between Asian/whites and black children. Because Asians and whites will seek private school or tutors. This type of thinking will create more black men destined for prison.

So in ending, the guy you are arguing for is #1. Espousing racist rhetoric and #2. Backing policy that will 100% hurt the black children.
Look at my first post in this thread. I clearly stated I was AGAINST this policy.
Not trying to be a dick, but given the subject matter, I feel I should correct "old fashion" and let you know it's old fashioned.

Anyway, I don't agree with this. It seems to be in line with the old Republican talking point about "the soft bigotry of low expectations". It's not going to help anyone. They should find better ways to get graduation levels up

I'm glad to hear that. As someone who's sold drugs to people in the past, cocaine is the most disgusting drug I've dealt and watched. At least heroin addicts can come down. Coke fiends are the grossest fucking people.
Dude, do you really assume EVERYONE who supports drug decriminalization/legalization is a druggie themselves? The only illegal drug I've ever done is marijuana (which isn't even illegal in my area anymore) and I haven't done it in about 20 years. I barely even drink. Do you think Ron Paul is an addict or something instead of someone who's guided by libertarian principles? I'm a left libertarian.

Also, you've just exposed yourself as a HUGE hypocrite. Based on your own logic, you should self-deport immediately...

Look at my first post in this thread. I clearly stated I was AGAINST this policy.

Then why are you jumping in to defend a guy that is for it. I mean you say you agree with me on the topic but are white knighting the actual racist. I mean is it just because he's being called out on his stupidity by posters you'd consider not part of your tribe.

Dude, do you really assume EVERYONE who supports drug decriminalization/legalization is a druggie themselves? The only illegal drug I've ever done is marijuana (which isn't even illegal in my area anymore) and I haven't done it in about 20 years. I barely even drink. Do you think Ron Paul is an addict or something instead of someone who's guided by libertarian principles? I'm a left libertarian.

Also, you've just exposed yourself as a HUGE hypocrite. Based on your own logic, you should self-deport immediately...

The War on Drugs has more to do with this culture problem. That has imo helped destroy the black family unit.

Then why are you jumping in to defend a guy that is for it. I mean you say you agree with me on the topic but are white knighting the actual racist
I did NOT explicitly see him state that he's FOR it. I'll let him clarify whether he is or isn't. Good people can disagree on certain issues. I'm giving my honest opinions on this issue and related topics. I didn't white knight anyone. I don't even do that for hot chicks, let alone other dudes. This is disingenuous garbage. I defend positions. I defend principles.

The War on Drugs has more to do with this culture problem. That has imo helped destroy the black family unit.
The war on drugs has proven destructive to the family. Many social conservatives are starting to realize this now. And it's not specific to the black community. The number of white people in the US has decreased for the first time and overdoses plays a part in that. The opioid crisis is causing a lot of problems particularly for working-class whites.

I did NOT explicitly see him state that he's FOR it. I'll let him clarify whether he is or isn't. Good people can disagree on certain issues. I'm giving my honest opinions on this issue and related topics. I didn't white knight anyone. I don't even do that for hot chicks, let alone other dudes. This is disingenuous garbage. I defend positions. I defend principles.

He's clearly defending this vile policy. And you are certainly white knighting for him. You attacked a poster for calling his stupid shit out. The definition of white knighting.

Now go ahead and call me disingenuous and all that. But the sad fact is, you are in here defending a guy posting vile racist shit

The war on drugs has proven destructive to the family. Many social conservatives are starting to realize this now. And it's not specific to the black community. The number of white people in the US has decreased for the first time and overdoses plays a part in that. The opioid crisis is causing a lot of problems particularly for working-class whites.

War on drugs and opioid crisis are 2 different things. The opioid crisis was mostly a legal genocide conducted by pharmaceutical companies and physicians. You know, the new heroes of the media. Lawsuits took care of that problem. But now we just get the Fentynal from the Mexican cartels

Anyway, I'm for the legalization of all drugs. People should be able to choose what they put in their bodies, and this includes non approved vaccines.

Thank you for proving my point. Less incarcerated blacks when racism was an actual thing

You just proved your entire thesis is wrong.

No, you're just making assumptions without supporting them.

You're actually saying racism causes less incarceration, which is quite possibly the dumbest thing I have ever heard anyone suggest.

I did NOT explicitly see him state that he's FOR it. I'll let him clarify whether he is or isn't.

I don't think I've even mentioned it.

I got involved with a point about cultural superiority and it kind of went from there.

There was a teacher in the discord that mentioned that the usual people were getting upset about this but it's all about a single test so it seemed silly. I don't know anything about the test, what it changes or how important it is, so I'm not discussing it. If this spirals out of control like the CRT panic I'll look into it, but I think this is just the complaint du jour.

I didn't white knight anyone.

He's just sad that I'm not alone; it's usually me arguing with a half dozen members of the alt right. Most people know better than to waste time with these guys, but working nights I have to be up super late and I don't have much else to do at four in the morning.

If there's an issue and race is involved I usually get tagged because I'm willing to come out and play. There are people who know these subjects a lot better than I do and I wish they'd join, but they're right and this is pretty pointless. For what it's worth it's nice having you around, we disagree with some things but you're not as over the top as I am and you bring some measure to the discussion.

it always boggles my mind how these politicians think they are actually helping POC with this bullshit. first, they are officially recognizing that POC are dumber than white man, which isnt doint POC any favors. then are letting POC out without basic skills, which practically condemns them to life of poverty.

funny how they sneaked in Asians there lol

War on drugs and opioid crisis are 2 different things. The opioid crisis was mostly a legal genocide conducted by pharmaceutical companies and physicians. You know, the new heroes of the media. Lawsuits took care of that problem. But now we just get the Fentynal from the Mexican cartels

Anyway, I'm for the legalization of all drugs. People should be able to choose what they put in their bodies, and this includes non approved vaccines.
Fair enough. I'm going to ignore your other bullshit post. Don't understand why you can't just stay focused on issues like in this one.

I certainly hope this gets rescinded within a few years. If the argument is that kids have had trouble learning during covid, how is the solution to just reduce the standard to...well nothing I guess?

At least they are realizing that systemic racism in the education system has lead to poor grades for visible minorities. While they fix the underlying issues, they need to do something.

Criminal assholes definitely have an effect on family units.

Back