Out of the GOATs - Which win streak is the most impressive?

Which win streak is the most impressive?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Who do you think is greater between Floyd and Jones
On one hand, Floyd is probably top 20-30 greatest of all time in his sport, whereas Jones is easily the top goat. Although boxing has been around much longer and has much deeper talent pool imo.
Floyd has won many more fights but I believe in MMA its harder to stay undefeated, plus Jones fought in a heavier division where one hit can easily knock you out, and Floyd had a more defensive style as well.

Both pretty much undefeated apart from 1 or 2 controversial wins. Both multi division champions with countless title defenses and both become champ at a very young age and dominated for decades

Jones because he is number 1
Though Floyd is in a sport that has way more history and imo likely a deeper talent pool, at least In his era

I lean to Jon, but it's a toss up really

Fedors run is more impressive than Jon Jones even if you don't add in that Jon Jones busted for PED use during his run. HW-division is more dangerous than LHW-division. More fights as well during less time.

I will have to make another thread on this with Fedor and Jon Jones as the two go toe 2 toe in who had the better winning streak.

check out fedors resume
his resume looks kinda like khabib with 85 percent of his wins
came from nobodies
best wins nog and cro cop

got bullied in a drug testing org
maybe needles made him softer

lmao at comparing anyones resume to jones

check out fedors resume
his resume looks kinda like khabib with 85 percent of his wins
came from nobodies
best wins nog and cro cop

got bullied in a drug testing org
maybe needles made him softer

lmao at comparing anyones resume to jones

It's easier to lose at HW, even with the freak show fighters he fought. It just takes one punch and it's over. While you have Jones who cuts weight to avoid fighting at HW for the longest time until it favored him. And he so selective in who he fights. If Jones fought at HW when Cain Velasquez or JDS was running the show, it would be over for Jones.

The trouble I have with Jones is, he was bigger than all of his opponents.
Most were old, shopworn by the time they faced him.

Jones also doesn't have the "highlight reel" KOs of Silva.

That said, it's either Silva, or Jones, and I picked Silva.
most where old? he fought fighters with the average age of 29-32 years old

32 years old statistically is the age where most of LHWs became champ
theres a thread about this

jones walk around weight is 230 lbs
thats also the weight of LHWs back then

you mean hes taller and more skinnier?
weird he fought monsters but you still disredit all his wins

he literally has the hardest resume off all

It's easier to lose at HW, even with the freak show fighters he fought. It just takes one punch and it's over. While you have Jones who cuts weight to avoid fighting at HW for the longest time until it favored him. And he so selective in who he fights. If Jones fought at HW when Cain Velasquez or JDS was running the show, it would be over for Jones.
your right its harder fighting guys like cain jds or stipe
i also believe these guys would wipe out the entire pride HW division in a year

What you're missing is that it's pretty easy to get knocked out at HW. All it need is one punch. Fedor was pretty much undersized, and he was complete, which was rare at that time at HW.
He beat Nog and Cro Cop at their own game. This is not only impressive, this shows how far ahead he was over the competition
He took cro cop down for almost the entire first round. And beating a jiu jitsu guy on the ground isn’t any more impressive of an achievement than when it happens on the early prelims of a fight night

most where old? he fought fighters with the average age of 29-32 years old

32 years old statistically is the age where most of LHWs became champ
theres a thread about this

jones walk around weight is 230 lbs
thats also the weight of LHWs back then

you mean hes taller and more skinnier?
weird he fought monsters but you still disredit all his wins

he literally has the hardest resume off all
Lyoto machida and vitor Belfort were sub 205, Rashad was around 210

He took cro cop down for almost the entire first round. And beating a jiu jitsu guy on the ground isn’t any more impressive of an achievement than when it happens on the early prelims of a fight night

I forgot how poor your aguments were.

Cro cop was a kick-boxer, fedor took him down for almost 10 minutes straight. It’s not argument, it’s what happened in the fight

Go argue for the sake of it but i won't answer you anymore. I can deal with unpopular opinions, i can't deal with blatant troll.

Have a look at this, for your education. Now go play elsewhere.

Capture d'écran 2024-02-10 185535.png

Go argue for the sake of it but i won't answer you anymore. I can deal with unpopular opinions, i can't deal with blatant troll.

Have a look at this, for your education. Now go play elsewhere.

View attachment 1028712
125 total strikes, 50 were significant.

IMG_4712.jpegonly 11 significant strikes landed on the feet in the first round out of 48 total, 13 landed on the feet in the second round out of 35 total, 5 landed on the feet in the third round out of 42 total

Anyone curious about how PR posting works: check out the first page.

Markg171 posts not once, twice, or three times.... he posts FIVE TIMES all on the first page. No one is even replying to him to make him post again... he just spams the SHIT out of the first page to establish a corporate narrative.

Then he posts zero... count em... ZERO times the next page, the page after that, and the page after that.

Corporations know that the majority of all viewing is focused solely on the first page. Monopolize the narrative there, then abandon the thread to find another you can hijack the first page of.

No khamzat on the list? He’s had the best streak

Anyone curious about how PR posting works: check out the first page.

Markg171 posts not once, twice, or three times.... he posts FIVE TIMES all on the first page. No one is even replying to him to make him post again... he just spams the SHIT out of the first page to establish a corporate narrative.

Then he posts zero... count em... ZERO times the next page, the page after that, and the page after that.

Corporations know that the majority of all viewing is focused solely on the first page. Monopolize the narrative there, then abandon the thread to find another you can hijack the first page of.
Way too accurate

You sure about that?

In 2016, Jon Jones tested positive for clompihene and letrozole in a test administered by USADA. Those substances, described as ‘hormone and metabolic modulators’ are on WADA’s banned list. This resulted in Jones being removed from UFC 200, where he was due to fight Cormier again.

Jones claimed the results were due to him taking an over the counter erectile dysfunction medication. Jones received a one-year suspension from USADA for that incident.

In 2017 Jon Jones tested positive for the anabolic steroid Turinabol in a USADA administered test. That test was taken a day before his rematch with Daniel Cormier at UFC 214 (which Jones won on the night via KO). That test result turned Jones’ win over Cormier into a no contest (the one he discussed in his tweet above) and he was stripped of the UFC light heavyweight title for the third time in his career.

Jon had several failed tests under USADA. That is literally "Getting Caught".

Yeah brain fart - my bad lol

All of them are amazing but I'd rank it like this:

S: Jones, GSP, Silva, Silva
Jones, fought all top talent and won with ease, except in a few of his later fights, but still got the W
GSP, dominated almost everyone, but had two bad losses which he avenged, one close fight to end his career, then had the swan song comeback.
Silva, he looked invincible, had the biggest aura about him. Made elite fighters look horrible, casually jumped up to LHW twice.
Fedor, he had some mixed competition which is fair to say but he still did beat the best of the best and stayed undefeated for a very long time in the hardest/most dangerous division to do it in.
A: MM, Aldo, Volk
MM, dominated but his division seemed less established and he missed his chance at glory by never facing TJ/moving up a class.
Aldo, also dominated in a seemingly less established division at the time. Missed his shot at glory falling to McGreggor.
Volk, honestly kind of underrated being in the modern era, he beat all of the top 145ers, nearly got 155. His story isn't done yet.
B: Khabib
A few more defenses and his run might have been unmatched but as it is he stopped too soon to really be compared to the others.

in the UFC, it's jones, silva and aldo.
Fedor's streak was insane, especially at heavyweight (and especially considering HWs were better in the past than the shitshow we have today)

Back