Out of the GOATs - Which win streak is the most impressive?

Which win streak is the most impressive?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The only division that really matters is HW. So Fedor of course.

Jones 2nd because there is 1 HW in there.

And Anderson 3rd because he was at least fighting adult-sized men.

Not losing at heavyweight cause it’s the worst division and he fought in a shit era

What you're missing is that it's pretty easy to get knocked out at HW. All it need is one punch. Fedor was pretty much undersized, and he was complete, which was rare at that time at HW.
He beat Nog and Cro Cop at their own game. This is not only impressive, this shows how far ahead he was over the competition

Jones gets shitted on by many for some of his title defenses being against fighters who were past their prime. Meanwhile, Fedor fights pro wrestlers with 0-1 records who had no prime and had no MMA background and zero training and he's still the most elite fighter ever.

Fedor's top wins are super legit, but if ANY other fighter anywhere close to his level had that many low to no level opponents sprinkled throughout their record the fans would eat them alive. Image if while champ Bones had fought 5 unknown TUF rejects and somebody like CM Punk in between the contenders he fought.

Fedor was considered the best HW on the planet when he fought an 0-1 pro wrestler who had no business fighting anyone in MMA, let alone the "GOAT" that shit kills me. How does an unknown non MMA fighter even get to fight Cro Cop & Fedor back to back? Those were #1 & #2 on the planet at the time. The level of fuckery that had to go down to make those fights happen is immeasurable.
Khabib has a similar number of cans on his record, yet a lot of people on here think he's the goat. Literally everyone has cans on their records. Especially the guys that fought in the early days.

Jones had a really long streak as he didn't lose to Hamill. He destroyed Hammill. However, Jones was gifted the decision win over Reyes. So using my eyeball metrics Jones won 27 straight fights including the KO win over Cormier that was later changed to NC before he lost to Reyes. Many of those fights were against top contenders in title defenses. IMO the Jones resume is stronger than Khabib's who went 29 - 0 given Khabib's far weaker roster of opponents.

I voted for Jones in the poll, but there are no wrong answers. All the above fighters enjoyed remarkable careers and I was a very big GSP fan. Anderson Silva had a period of excellence and dominance that was probably the most fan friendly. Although the match-ups with Sonnen showed that Silva could be vulnerable to a pressure fighter with strong wrestling skills.

Jones had a really long streak as he didn't lose to Hamill. He destroyed Hammill. However, Jones was gifted the decision win over Reyes. So using my eyeball metrics Jones won 27 straight fights including the KO win over Cormier that was later changed to NC before he lost to Reyes. Many of those fights were against top contenders in title defenses. IMO the Jones resume is stronger than Khabib's who went 29 - 0 given Khabib's far weaker roster of opponents.

I voted for Jones in the poll, but there are no wrong answers. All the above fighters enjoyed remarkable careers and I was a very big GSP fan. Anderson Silva had a period of excellence and dominance that was probably the most fan friendly. Although the match-ups with Sonnen showed that Silva could be vulnerable to a pressure fighter with strong wrestling skills.

Well said man.

Not only does Khabib belong nowhere near the GOAT list, he also didn't defend his belt 4x.
fuck me sideways, you of all people passing opinion on Khabib defending belts. LOL

He defended 3 times more than your bukkake fantasy Conor, who did sweet fuck all.

Dogshit take as per usual

fuck me sideways, you of all people passing opinion on Khabib defending belts. LOL

He defended 3 times more than your bukkake fantasy Conor, who did sweet fuck all.

Dogshit take as per usual

lol hilarious.

@Dana's Moonface
Saint Jones for sure. Not only is his streak the most impressive, he did it while being a full time humanitarian and spreading the good word of Jesus while running a full time charity business. Imagine if he focused on fighting only, his record would be like 81-1

Agreed brother, but let's face facts
Even if Jones wasn't a Saint, I would still vote for him

He is the best fighter with the best record and has the longevity

Anderson would be a distant second for me

Agreed brother, but let's face facts
Even if Jones wasn't a Saint, I would still vote for him

He is the best fighter with the best record and has the longevity

Anderson would be a distant second for me
His resume and record is absolutely insane. If that matt hammill bs dq was a win and he didn't pop for the 2nd DC fight (he popped not for an advantage, but because he is so holy and pure he wanted to show fans you can overcome setbacks), his record would be 29-0, with the craziest competition

His resume and record is absolutely insane. If that matt hammill bs dq was a win and he didn't pop for the 2nd DC fight (he popped not for an advantage, but because he is so holy and pure he wanted to give his opponents an advantage and show fans you can overcome setbacks), his record would be 29-0, with the craziest competition

His record is 28-0 in my eyes, fuck that Hamill shambles

St Jones is levels above him

Anyway to essentially go undefeated for so long in the toughest combat sport (more ways to lose than any other) is unbelievable

He had a couple of lacklustre performances, but other greats are know different. Think of Ali and even Floyd in boxing

When the chips are down? Jones performed his best as great champions do

He's the mma goat and it's not close for me. He's has the records, longevity,big performances and the titles

Youngest champion too i believe

I love khabib and he had a very dominant spell, but he does not have close to the longevity or resume of St Jon

Jones is easily the goat of mma imo

His record is 28-0 in my eyes, fuck that Hamill shambles

St Jones is levels above him

Anyway to essentially go undefeated for so long in the toughest combat sport (more ways to lose than any other) is unbelievable

He had a couple of lacklustre performances, but other greats are know different. Think of Ali and even Floyd in boxing

When the chips are down? Jones performed his best as great champions do

He's the mma goat and it's not close for me. He's has the records, longevity,big performances and the titles

Youngest champion too i believe

I love khabib and he had a very dominant spell, but he does not have close to the longevity or resume of St Jon

Jones is easily the goat of mma imo
Who do you think is greater between Floyd and Jones
On one hand, Floyd is probably top 20-30 greatest of all time in his sport, whereas Jones is easily the top goat. Although boxing has been around much longer and has much deeper talent pool imo.
Floyd has won many more fights but I believe in MMA its harder to stay undefeated, plus Jones fought in a heavier division where one hit can easily knock you out, and Floyd had a more defensive style as well.

Both pretty much undefeated apart from 1 or 2 controversial wins. Both multi division champions with countless title defenses and both become champ at a very young age and dominated for decades

Back