Social Out of these, which 3 likely will be totally obsolete in the near future?

What's your picks?

• Total voters
<{cruzshake}>

Reading it now:

Key Fobs won't be replaced by phones because we still let other people drive our vehicles.

I haven't purchased a DVD in a decade, and even then it was only 3D films that weren't available digitally.

Greeting cards are obsolete due to the varied and mass communication options. They are a niche that may never die, but they've been unnecessary for a long time.

The article misrepresents credit cards, as I always pay with my phone ... using my credit cards. They also seem to not know many cheap phones don't have a scan/pay function (and I mean even smartphones from the Galaxy line).

Passwords are already terrible options. All of my important stuff requires 2-factor authentication at this point.

Keys won't go anywhere for awhile. The cost of replacement options keeps them as the main choice.

Eyeglasses, same answer. Cost will keep them the primary choice for a long time to come.

Parking Meters, this relies on the assumption governments will quickly adopt this technology. I wouldn't bet on that.

Chargers, the tech mentioned isn't even available yet. My laptop still needs to charge, as does my drill, my flashlight, my lawnmower, etc.

HDD are more than just a trust issue, they involve speed and connection availability. I'm guessing the author doesn't understand how most video games work, for one example.

They are wrong about remotes. I'm already suffering "app overload", where every damn thing I own wants me to install an app, even my electric razor and garage door opener (not joking). People are not going to install dozens and dozens of apps and have to open a new one just to operate every thing in their homes.

Mail, not going anywhere. They deliver packages also.

Cable TV. I don't know anyone under 50 who has this, or has had this in years and years.

Purple Highlighters? How about any highlighters? Printing documents on paper in the modern office makes you look like a dinosaur automatically. The ship has long since sailed on this one. We don't even use paper for signature documents anymore.

This is older part of Gen X/Boomer stuff.

Last edited:
I recently considered joining the no checks kewl kids after seeing articles where USPS tell people don't mail checks because they hired criminals to work the sorting facilities and lots of checks getting stolen, but found a cash transfer app user had account drained by hackers. It was an app owned by a group of big name banks.

Freedom.

Freedom will be as rare as a unicorn at a petting zoo!

Picture this... you wake up in the morning, and try to pour yourself a cup of Joe, but oh no, the government's AI-controlled coffee maker won't brew unless you've signed away your soul on their latest terms and conditions!

But hey, I'm just a simple man, just your everyday guy, looking out for the future of humanity.

Nothing more, nothing less, and I'm definitely not Alex Jones.

You might not be the Alex Jones we want (Alex Jones the tranny stripper) but you're the Alex Jones we need.........

<{cruzshake}>

Reading it now:

Key Fobs won't be replaced by phones because we still let other people drive our vehicles.

I haven't purchased a DVD in a decade, and even then it was only 3D films that weren't available digitally.

Greeting cards are obsolete due to the varied and mass communication options. They are a niche that may never die, but they've been unnecessary for a long time.

The article misrepresents credit cards, as I always pay with my phone ... using my credit cards. They also seem to not know many cheap phones don't have a scan/pay function (and I mean even smartphones from the Galaxy line).

Passwords are already terrible options. All of my important stuff requires 2-factor authentication at this point.

Keys won't go anywhere for awhile. The cost of replacement options keeps them as the main choice.

Eyeglasses, same answer. Cost will keep them the primary choice for a long time to come.

Parking Meters, this relies on the assumption governments will quickly adopt this technology. I wouldn't bet on that.

Chargers, the tech mentioned isn't even available yet. My laptop still needs to charge, as does my drill, my flashlight, my lawnmower, etc.

HDD are more than just a trust issue, they involve speed and connection availability. I'm guessing the author doesn't understand how most video games work, for one example.

They are wrong about remotes. I'm already suffering "app overload", where every damn thing I own wants me to install an app, even my electric razor and garage door opener (not joking). People are not going to install dozens and dozens of apps and have to open a new one just to operate every thing in their homes.

Mail, not going anywhere. They deliver packages also.

Cable TV. I don't know anyone under 50 who has this, or has had this in years and years.

Purple Highlighters? How about any highlighters? Printing documents on paper in the modern office makes you look like a dinosaur automatically. The ship has long since sailed on this one. We don't even use paper for signature documents anymore.

This is older part of Gen X/Boomer stuff.

Thank you for breaking it down like that. Most appreciated.

You might not be the Alex Jones we want (Alex Jones the tranny stripper) but you're the Alex Jones we need.........
If I were Alex Jones, which I'm not, but if I were, I'd be standing here with a tear in my eye, feeling the warmth of your support radiating through the screen. I mean, to think that all the persecution, the lawsuits, the relentless attacks from the globalist elites could be washed away by a single statement like that... it's true patriots like yourself who keep this nation from collapsing into the abyss of tyranny.

But hey, let's be clear here, I'm not Alex Jones. Nope, not me. I'm just your average, everyday concerned citizen, like you, who happens to care deeply about the future of our country.

So, while I appreciate the sentiment, let's not get carried away with speculation because remember, I'm definitely, unequivocally not Alex Jones.

Now let's keep exposing those globalist scum!

Checks are not going anywhere.

One of my best friends is in the cyber division of the FBI, and after hearing some of his horror stories I will never do any large money transfers online such as (closing on a home). I may only write a check, or get a check from the bank a handful of times per year, but they are not completely going away for a while.

If I were Alex Jones, which I'm not, but if I were, I'd be standing here with a tear in my eye, feeling the warmth of your support radiating through the screen. I mean, to think that all the persecution, the lawsuits, the relentless attacks from the globalist elites could be washed away by a single statement like that... it's true patriots like yourself who keep this nation from collapsing into the abyss of tyranny.

But hey, let's be clear here, I'm not Alex Jones. Nope, not me. I'm just your average, everyday concerned citizen, like you, who happens to care deeply about the future of our country.

So, while I appreciate the sentiment, let's not get carried away with speculation because remember, I'm definitely, unequivocally not Alex Jones.

Now let's keep exposing those globalist scum!

I'm certainly glad you cleared that up............it's really been playing on my mind because like you I'm a person of principals and accountability......

Your welcome to join my cannibalistic movement as we hunt down and eat the bastards involving unusual recipes from around the world........

But mail??

I did the Kramer, and got rid of the mail.

It caused 2 immediate problems.

1) The mail man will not deliver any packages to your address if you have removed your mailbox.
2) Apparently I had a court summons, and missed it without the mail. There was a warrant out for my arrest I was not aware of.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::

That said, I received 20 less Pottery Barn catalogs per day without the mail.

Since almost everything to vote for is already pretty much obsolete. I choose the highlighter.

To add my own I would say putting the pussy on a pedestal. Once they create AI robot women there's going to be 100 women for every guy.

I'll go out on a limb and say none will be obsolete in 10 years.

I'm certainly glad you cleared that up............it's really been playing on my mind because like you I'm a person of principals and accountability......

Your welcome to join my cannibalistic movement as we hunt down and eat the bastards involving unusual recipes from around the world........
Well, I'm glad you're on board with this movement, my friend! Because with this cannibalistic movement, we're taking back control of our palates and enjoying some truly exotic dishes. So grab your fork and let's uncover the secrets hidden in every bite!

In Sweden, we've been at the forefront of the shift toward a cashless society. However, many of us aren't particularly fond of this idea.

Unfortunately, it often seems like those in power who make the laws don't pay much attention to the opinions of those who are directly impacted by them.
They don't care. They are not there to listen. They are there to govern, to control you. And of course, like the rest of the EU, you lost your sovereignty anyway

Have greeting cards ever really been relevant? They're just something old ladies give you for your birthday with money inside them. You take the money out of them and pretend to look at the card for 10 seconds then when you get home you throw away the card.
Oh . . . I send cards all the time to my friends family and they send them back. Kinda makes my day. But I am an old lady I suppose . . .

That's not fair, DVD's are already obsolete.

Other:

1.) Checks
2.) Cash
3.) Coins
4.) Social Security Numbers

We will be given wallet addresses instead of SSNs, we will be paid in CBDCs and our entire lives recorded and cataloged on some government and/or corporate blockchain(s).

All of our most important documents, debts, and histories will be minted as NFTs on a combination of government and corporate chains that communicate with and use oracle services to pass and verify real world data and information between each other.

Not a matter of if, but when. We are living through the proof of concept now.
So the lesson here is buy oracle stock?

I went to Best Buy the other day and they had removed all Blu-ray’s and 4k discs.

Yeah, the company also had to purchase the DVD's in bulk and were losing money selling em recently. The one thing I don't like is that they will no longer be selling their exclusive Steelbooks of films. Walmart is doing the opposite and keeping Blu-ray and DVD but will stop selling physical video game media

Back