Overrated movie you've ever seen?

Sir Galahad

Plutonium Belt
@plutonium
Reaction score
Watchmen. Too much hype that didn't meet my expectations.

What about you my fellow Sherdoggies?

99% of comic book movies. I don't like them and have only seen a handful of them. Still have not watched stuff like the Batman movies, Suicide Squad, Captain America, etc.

EDIT: Misread the thread title, thought it said overrated movie you've never seen. Now I realize that makes no sense so how could it have been the title? But yeah. Go ahead and ignore this post.

99% of comic book movies. I don't like them and have only seen a handful of them. Still have not watched stuff like the Batman movies, Suicide Squad, Captain America, etc.

EDIT: Misread the thread title, thought it said overrated movie you've never seen. Now I realize that makes no sense so how could it have been the title? But yeah. Go ahead and ignore this post.

I've seen almost all of them, and very few were better than a decent escapist time killer.

I've seen almost all of them, and very few were better than a decent escapist time killer.

I don't know what it is for me or why I dislike them so much. I love fantasy stuff like Lord of the Rings and Game of Thrones but I hate comic book movies. When it comes to specifically comic book movies I can't seem to do the whole suspension of belief and think its all dumb. Maybe because comic book movies take place in the "real" world? Maybe I am just a jaded dude? I don't know. I was dragged along to see Deadpool and I liked that one but the rest of them I just really dislike.

Pulp Fiction. I saw it way after everyone started blowing their loads over the movie. It was a good movie but not anything special, imo

I don't know what it is for me or why I dislike them so much. I love fantasy stuff like Lord of the Rings and Game of Thrones but I hate comic book movies. When it comes to specifically comic book movies I can't seem to do the whole suspension of belief and think its all dumb. Maybe because comic book movies take place in the "real" world? Maybe I am just a jaded dude? I don't know. I was dragged along to see Deadpool and I liked that one but the rest of them I just really dislike.

I have some of the same issues with the genre. One problem is that the stakes are never very high or real, especially in Marvel, where nobody of consequence ever dies. Forget the protagonists, even villains like Loki or the Winter Soldier are at no risk of dying. The Marvel EU now has something like 10-20 characters who don't seem to be at risk of dying anytime in the moderately foreseeable future.

If someone dies that isn't an outright monosyllabic alien monster, there's a good chance they'll be brought back, and even if they aren't, they'll be rebooted within 5-10 years anyway.

Last edited:
Watchmen. Too much hype that didn't meet my expectations.

What about you my fellow Sherdoggies?

did you read the book?

Donnie Darko sucked IMO

I love pulp fiction though

Dark Knight

yeah It isnt as good the second and third time you watch it.

in contrast, I hated the 3rd movie but when I watched it again I think it might be better than TDK. Batman begins is probably the best one in the trilogy.

IMO Batman returns will always be my favorite

Definitely The Dark Knight.

Heath Ledger is nothing short of amazing. Everything besides him is just blah and it completely falls apart once he is out of the film.

Deadpool, wasn't my kind of humour I guess.

Neon Demon

Watched it a couple of days ago, I think it's great. I'm big fan of Refn's work and this one is up there with Drive and Only God Forgives.

images

Going by the logic of looking up the top 10 rated movies on IMDB, and starting at 1 and going up until the first movie on the list I see that I don't like, my choice is Lord of the Rings: Return of the King. I thought it was terriblly boring like the rest of the series.

Back