News Paddy calling out Facebook and UFC's privacy lawsuit; UFC v. facebook is arriving

Paddy could make mma become more popular than football (soccer) in uk
michael-jordan-laughing.gif

2 weeks after this lawsuit is filed, Paddy calls out Mark...? Coincidence? Nah... I think not.
Man, this is some wild conspiracy theory. Paddy has been banned from IG before the lawsuit which I’m sure he doesn’t even know of. I highly doubt it’s anything more than that.

Last edited:
Dont get me wrong im a big football fan, but the sport is already at downfall, specially in the uk...
How so? There’s no indication of that at all. Football will always be the most popular sport in the world.

Ufc could fill that gap, but it would need big uk fighters
No. Boxing will always be more popular in the UK than MMA.

Man, this is some wild conspiracy theory. Paddy has been banned from IG before the lawsuit which I’m sure he doesn’t even know of. I highly doubt it’s anything more than that.

I feel like UFC knew Paddy was going to call out Mark though. I'd doubt a call out like that isnt first ran by with the promotion.

I want whatever you are smoking. UFC has zero chance of becoming more popular than football in the UK ever. You realize many individual EPL teams are worth 3-5x the the UFC, that is how big it is.
Some teams are worth 15 to 25 billion each? I call bullshit.

Some teams are worth 15 to 25 billion each? I call bullshit.
There’s a handful of English clubs alone worth as much as the UFC. Chelsea’s owner is asking for $3.5B right now by itself. This entire “football is on a decline and the UFC may take it over as the top sport in the UK if it finds the proper big stars” is wishful thinking. It will never happen. There’s also boxing which is much bigger in the UK than MMA. Fury vs. Whyte just sold 90K tickets for their fight next month and they are trying to expand that attendance to 100K.

Mark Zuckerberg is a POS, his business model revolves around selling everyone's data real time at auction to the highest advertising bidder.
Opt out model when users are not meaningfully made aware that they are opted in to begin with is a joke.

I hope the UFC rips Facebook wide open.
Data mining and trading is where the money is at. It's like how segi paid tens of millions of dollars to put the Eddie Hall and Thor boxing match on for free and outbid other companies: the only thing they got from it was the data and exposure, but apparently that must have been worth tens of millions of dollars to make the bid they did.

There’s a handful of English clubs alone worth as much as the UFC. Chelsea’s owner is asking for $3.5B right now by itself. This entire “football is on a decline and the UFC may take it over as the top sport in the UK if it finds the proper big stars” is wishful thinking. It will never happen. There’s also boxing which is much bigger in the UK than MMA. Fury vs. Whyte just sold 90K tickets for their fight next month and they are trying to expand that attendance to 100K.
Anyway yeah, he lied / exaggerated massively and then didn’t bother to reply.

All good.

Facebook is DARPA "lifelog" project. Feb 4 2004 DAPRA cancels lifelong and "continues under another name". Feb 4 2004 Facebook launches as a company. Wonder who really created Facebook? Hard to figure this one out, Batman. A real mysteroo.

Literally 100% of Facebook's public facing organization is a front for the CIA.

Like Capones flowershop.

Yes, old lady, keep buying flowers from the nice Italians down the street.

The less you know the better you sleep, America. Play with your toys and dont worry about who made them.
Take your pills
That's a tweet I believe, not instagram.

Anyways, this is Paddy talking about why he was banned on instagram:

This is probably the brunt of his callout. I don't know what their rules are cuz I don't have it myself and I'm sure there's more specifics since this is the horse's mouth version, but this doesn't really sound like he was mistreated or anything

Facebook is DARPA "lifelog" project. Feb 4 2004 DAPRA cancels lifelong and "continues under another name". Feb 4 2004 Facebook launches as a company. Wonder who really created Facebook? Hard to figure this one out, Batman. A real mysteroo.

Literally 100% of Facebook's public facing organization is a front for the CIA.

Like Capones flowershop.

Yes, old lady, keep buying flowers from the nice Italians down the street.

The less you know the better you sleep, America. Play with your toys and dont worry about who made them.

Huh?

I don't think you realize how much of an interest facebook potentially has in the lawsuit that involves UFC.

Facebook has been facing fines and lobbying against legislation throughout the world in the past 10 years to keep it's system as an "opt out" system of data sharing.
Facebook’s tracking of non-users ruled illegal again | TechCrunch

There's 2 ways your privacy data can be shared; "opt-in" and "opt-out", all that means is, either you share your data by default and you have to click out of it, or you don't share your data by default and you have to click into it.

The reason why opt-in and opt-out is fought so hard over, is that a large population never bothers changing the default. Facebook's entire business model is heavily based on a users sharing data by default rather than having to choose to share data, they have to choose to not share data.

UFC is being sued essentially because of facebook's opt out policy, which resulted in UFC directly just sharing fight pass user data with them.

One of the biggest questions of this suit will be, whether or not UFC did it knowingly.

UFC will want to say that an opt-out system does not show knowledge, and that will basically destroy facebook's business model I think if the judge agrees.

UFC and facebook are very much at odds, and it's not over something minor, and now Paddy calls out Mark, there's more to this.
Sherdog is sharing my information with Facebook... did I opt in? or not opt out?

Sherdog is sharing my information with Facebook... did I opt in? or not opt out?

If that was the case, the question would be whether sherdog opted in or did not opt out, and that question would only be asked... if Sherdog was being sued for sharing information, and they want to claim they didn't knowingly share information with facebook.

Which brings up the question, is the failure to choose not to opt out, a knowing action?

If we are trying to create an analogy of Sherdog's sharing with facebook to UFC's sharing with facebook...

Which I will add, I have no clue if sherdog is sharing stuff with facebook.

Last edited:
Back