Pastor and church threatened with fines/jail time, has decided to sue the State of California

https://reformationcharlotte.org/20...sues-governor-gavin-newsom-in-superior-court/
"Pointing out the hypocrisy of government officials who have done little to nothing to suppress the mass gatherings of violence, looting, and rioting in the streets of California’s cities, MacArthur quipped during his last service, “welcome to our peaceful protest.”

"John MacArthur and Grace Community Church in Los Angeles, California have filed a lawsuit against the governor of California, Gavin Newsom, Attorney General Xavier Becerra, Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti, and other California and Los Angeles County public health officials, for the state’s “unconstitutional and onerous coronavirus pandemic regulations against Grace Community Church” and seeks a judgment against the defendants that the health orders “violate the California Constitution.”
MacArthur, who has been threatened with egregious fines and even arrest....."

This court case will define the future of the Christian church, religious freedom, the right to peaceably assemble and the 1st Amendment in the United States of America.

The old man preacher may put these Marxist tyrant left wing politicians back in their place. That is one thing I am praying for.

Discuss

I think we should have more peaceful protests.

https://reformationcharlotte.org/20...sues-governor-gavin-newsom-in-superior-court/
"Pointing out the hypocrisy of government officials who have done little to nothing to suppress the mass gatherings of violence, looting, and rioting in the streets of California’s cities, MacArthur quipped during his last service, “welcome to our peaceful protest.”

"John MacArthur and Grace Community Church in Los Angeles, California have filed a lawsuit against the governor of California, Gavin Newsom, Attorney General Xavier Becerra, Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti, and other California and Los Angeles County public health officials, for the state’s “unconstitutional and onerous coronavirus pandemic regulations against Grace Community Church” and seeks a judgment against the defendants that the health orders “violate the California Constitution.”
MacArthur, who has been threatened with egregious fines and even arrest....."

This court case will define the future of the Christian church, religious freedom, the right to peaceably assemble and the 1st Amendment in the United States of America.

The old man preacher may put these Marxist tyrant left wing politicians back in their place. That is one thing I am praying for.

Discuss

Protests are outside
Church gatherings are inside
HVAC / AC system increases the chance of a person getting infected.
Throughtout the world religious communities who have refused to social distance have caused sharp rise in infections.

The majority of new infections are from the masses going out and socializing , not protesters because protesters are a tiny tiny fraction of the populace.

Interesting. It's crazy to me that people are allowed to protest but people aren't allowed to go to Church. Both are first amendment rights. Why are first amendment rights being selectively restricted?

IMO in these places it really looks like if it supports democrats, you have your fist amendment rights. If it's associated with republicans, you don't get your first amendment rights. I hope I'm wrong.

Protests are outside
Throughtout the world religious communities who have refused to social distance have caused sharp rise in infections.

The majority of new infections are from the masses going out and socializing , not protesters because protesters are a tiny tiny fraction of the populace.
Not a good reason to disregard the 1st Amendment right to peaceful assembly and freedom of religion.

Protesters were not social distancing as they looted and burned down buildings.

I'd be more inclined to give a shit about the constitutionality of church gatherings if they didn't have ridiculous tax exemptions.

I'd be more inclined to give a shit about the constitutionality of church gatherings if they didn't have ridiculous tax exemptions.
Just because this church is a charity doesn't mean you can take their first Amendment rights away.

Protests are outside

A California judge disagrees.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/aug/14/california-judge-sides-church-allowing-indoor-serv/

This is a big win for Grace Community Church and the 1st Amendment.

Amen brother!

But you can count on the California Marxist politicians to keep trying to shut this church down through the courts. They will keep appealing it until they shut this old man's church down, or they exhaust all options.

Last edited:
Amen brother!

But you can count on the California Marxist politicians to keep trying to shut this church down through the courts. They will keep appealing it until they shut this old man's church down, or they exhaust all options.
No doubt! And the Brown Shirts in this thread will support this Marxist behavior.

Not a leftist. Just not a retarded believer in sky fairies. Dont like harry potter either. And im certainly not a fake christian like you.

But im sure your pastor needs another private jet. Better give him half of those 8$ an hour you make Rip
Not much of a fan of the Constitution, hey? Look I’m sure Madagascar doesn’t have much of a Constitution or much of Covid - might be a dream destination for you?

The decision will be overturned by the Federal Courts, who will side the with public health and find, correctly, that restricting megachurch gatherings during a pandemic is not a violation of the 1st, as the government has stated a clear case.

And the TS is a troll who was inexplicably allowed to return by our checked out mods.

The right to believe in anything you want, free of any and all health precautions, should not be restricted.
Since everybody essentially believes in something, nobody should be restricted. Game over. Murica. roarr

Back