News Paul Felder has submitted his first test back in the USADA testing pool

Could he become a top-15 fighter again?

• Total voters
You guys should know that two wrongs don’t make a right
<28>

I was so pissed at the 30-27 Felder scorecard! Fuckin’ fuming :D

<WhitmanDefeat>

I'm not saying it does, I'm just saying that if we're playing with dudes' records retroactively where questionable Decisions are concerned then it arguably works out to 2-3 either way :p

For the Perry fight he moved up a weight class, broke his arm in the first round and fought to a split decision.
He beat Hooker.
He stepped in on 5 days notice to fight RDA and save the ME when he was supposed to commentate.

Pretty wild to look at those circumstances and go "He's delusional."
pretty wild take for you to inflate his wins that way imo

He's going to get a legacy fight with an old veteran like Jim Miller, not some ranked opponent.

To be clear, this is a terrible idea and its absurd to me a guy who is extremely lucky to have a meaningful day job with the UFC brodcast team is signing up to take more brain damage. It is a bad idea by any definition. Health is wealth.

In any event I don't think he's getting booked with anyone thats guaranteed to whoop him. He'll get booked with another old vet or someone who doesn't really belong.
If he fights Miller on UFC 300 and they both retire after, I'm good with that.

Miller deserves the UFC 300 fight!

He could definitely win some fun fights against fighters who sit comfortably around the 10-15 ranks. Just hope he doesn’t get it into his head that he’s going to have a run for gold, because that shit is not going to go well for him

I hope people finally realize that some fighters fight because they fucking love to fight. Felder's got some money and a great job as commentator. He gets paid around $82k last fight from what I read. That is more than commentating (I read it's about $42k/event) but he easily makes more commentating in a year than he would fighting.

He just loves to fight. Look at all the amateurs fighting for free (including myself back in the day). Next time someone thinks they're so smart to say, who would want to be an UFC fighter, they get paid so little. Know that there are plenty who would fight for $100, or even nothing.

42K for commentating is pretty solid. He does one event a month and that's s very nice yearly income. Some months two events, thats really great.

I see a few guys in there in the 11-15 that Felder could beat. Green, Frevola, Moicano. Even Hooker is ranked top 10 and last time they went to a split. So he can be top 15 again.

Back