Media Paulo Costa demands 500k to fight Robert Whittaker

Sure why not?
Just pay him and Bobby 500 000 each and get it over it

Dana was complaining about the money Adesanya was getting, alluding to the company not caring if they parted ways based on the financials, so this doesn't surprise me.
I wouldn’t wanna pay big $ for sparring matches either

I am a big Paulo fan but I feel he is worth around 250k. He is highly popular on social media but he is still a work in progress when it comes to Engrish interviews. He deserves to make more money than Rockhold. He also gave the UFC that Khamzat clip etc etc. Paulo does have some issues with PC and it can turn on him or the company if mainstream catches on to it. I do understand he wasn't a champ so he isn't going to make the recent ex champ 350k price tag.
He got paid 70k win and 70k show last fight, either way it’s a long way away from what he wants and deserves.

UFC won't bend over when you make demands like that and Dana is so stubborn, he is beyond stubborn, he will make sure the total opposite happens

If he wasn't on the last fight of his contract and hadn't already announced that he wouldn't be resigning, maybe the UFC would oblige.

I don't think Costa has much leverage here.

This is why more and more are deciding to be free agents or cross over into boxing instead.

They are welcome to do that. The only fighters currently doing that are washed up fighters at the end of their careers. Not young and up and coming prospects and champs (with the exclusion of Ngannou)

The fact is the UFC still has 90% of the top mma fighters in the world under their roster and I don't see that changing anytime soon

“world ranked opponent”.

You mean of course other than UFC FW champion, and number 1 p4p Volkanovski? And UFC LW champion, and number 2 p4p Islam? In a fight for the LW belt.

And number 2 Yair, vs number 5 Emmett? Fighting for the interim FW title?

“world ranked” but anybody other than those 4 guys, right?

lol, Costa is literally ranked lower than all 4 of the guys named above.

Yes, to be Robert Whittaker's opponent. They can't have the #1 contender at middleweight fight someone unranked, on a main card.

I should say this is common sense and it wooshed over your head but then I realized who I was responding to. You are one of the worst contributors here, low quality posts.

Cannonier who just had a win over Strickland and is a top five opponent said that he'd be available for the Perth card, however he didn't even receive a call(timestamped):
People overuse that expresion but beating Cannonier a second time does absolutly nothing for Rob.

People overuse that expresion but beating Cannonier a second time does absolutly nothing for Rob.
Same goes for a win over Costa, again Rob is only fighting here so he doesn't have to sit on sideline for months and to fight in Perth.

Cannonier is the one guy who's publicly said he's willing to step up and replace Costa for the Perth card which isn't a horrible option since Cannonier is a solid opponent and is coming off a solid win.
Look I would rather someone fresh like a Du Plessis or Muniz, that doesn't look like it's happening tho so if they have to go with Cannonier to keep Rob on the card which he clearly wants to still fight on instead of having to wait for another bout until March/April then that's fine with me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicenhot
Back