News Payton Talbott vs Yanis Ghemmouri set for UFC 303 on June 29th

Who wins?

• Total voters
dont know about this Yanis guy but I feel already sorry for him.
Payton is the future champ

They really don't like Ghemmouri
Short notice fight vs Gomis one weight class up, then a fight scheduled with Vinicius Oliveira and now Payton Talbott. At least he can find some good strikers in France to train with
Good opportunity for Talbott to have a highlight reel on a Conor card
Striking wont be a problem for ghemmouri...all the other aspects, i m not so sure

Seems like a step down but I don't have much of a problem with it -- the kid is young. I'd have preferred a step up but whatever... if he fights and wins without taking too much damage, he can have a quick turnaround.

It's a bleach reference

grimmjow_jaegerjaquez_design_3_by_otaku_store_dgshuqf-400t.png

It’s actually a bleach reference…

Great, another weeb in UFC

Dude has 2 UFC fights and people out here acting like he's gonna get a top 15 guy, come on. I do agree its a step down with guy coming off a loss but he wasnt gonna get a huge jump in competition to ranked BW.

Talbott seems to be inconsistent. One fight he looks like a future title contender, the one before it he looks average. He needs more experience and to be worked up slowly. He's young. The more cage time, the better.

I'm with this opinion. Didnt the dude only have 6 or so fights or am I thinking of someone else?

Yanis has a decent pedigree in multiple different striking disciplines along with a fairly shiny MMA record, so he might -- might -- be able to hang with Talbott better than others on the feet. However, there is the matter of Yanis's debut to consider. I remember him doing okayish against Gomis, but he lost every round and got outstruck leading up to the eventual third round belt line TKO. Of course, that was on short notice up a weight class against a tough guy so you can sorta give him a bit of slack there.

Will Yanis look much better on a full camp at his native weight class? Hard to say. But based on how lost he was and consistently a step behind Gomis, I'll go with Payton instead.

Striking wont be a problem for ghemmouri...all the other aspects, i m not so sure
Talbott always has the same pressure-striker style and is not a great wrestler or grappler. When he was fighting in Faber's organisation, they used to have TAM fighters trying to wrestle him

On another topic, I don't think it's a step down from Saiman. Saiman is 2-2 in the UFC, has beaten only guys that were out of the UFC fast, and didn't have any big fight in EFC

Back