Television PEACEMAKER TV Series (Premieres January 13, 2022)

Wtf? Was that Insectasaurus from Monsters vs Aliens? Even the voice sounds the same.

I was hoping the cow would be the size of a small dog. You know, huge to the butterflies but small to us. Guess tha wouldn't work plotwise since it's supposed to be hard to move.

It totally just hit me today that this isn’t the first time Cena and Robert Patrick have squared off
The-Marine.jpeg

Because, yes, I was one of the 8 people who saw The Marine

Loved that scene. It was especially effective because Vigilante had presented as something of a buffoon up til that point.

He presented as a buffoon after that point too. But also up to that point.

Was talking to my friend about this last night. It's cool that we're basically a whole season in without any special cameos. In season 2 they could bring in rat-catcher, Harley Quinn, or another SS member for a cameo. Maybe they find out he's still alive and come back to avenge Flagg, only to discover Peacemaker isn't that same guy anymore.

Or he goes to sleep, wakes up and realizes he was drugged and forcibly recruited to another SS mission. Lot of different interesting things they could do.

Last edited:
Was talking to my friend about this last night. It's cool that we're basically a whole season in without any special cameos. In season 2 they could bring in rat-catcher, Harley Quinn, or another SS member for a cameo. Maybe they find out he's still alive and come back to acejge Flagg, only to discover Peacemaker isn't that same guy anymore.

Or he goes to sleep, wakes up and realizes he was drugged and forcibly recruited to another SS mission. Lot of different interesting things they could do.

I'm honestly getting the vibe that when Warner Brothers begged Gunn to redo Suicide Squad for them he had some absurd clause like "I'll only do it you also let me write and direct a tv-ma comedy series starring John Cena. And you'll let me cast my wife in it" and Warner Brothers was just like "WTF? Fine, Jim. Whatever it takes. We need you to save this franchise."

I think he just wanted to write this series and got them to sign off on it as part of the Suicide Squad deal.

If that's the case, God only knows what Gunn has planned for season 2.

Last edited:
Was talking to my friend about this last night. It's cool that we're basically a whole season in without any special cameos. In season 2 they could bring in rat-catcher, Harley Quinn, or another SS member for a cameo. Maybe they find out he's still alive and come back to acejge Flagg, only to discover Peacemaker isn't that same guy anymore.

I agree wholeheartedly. It used to be exciting to see characters pop into another movie, but now it's over done. It's like the studios don't believe in their own properties any more, and they feel like if they don't bolster the movie or show with a "shared universe" character then it'll fail. That's one of the things that I liked about Eternals. They made mention of other heroes, but didn't include them.

Peacemaker is doing its own thing, and that's fine with me.

It totally just hit me today that this isn’t the first time Cena and Robert Patrick have squared off
The-Marine.jpeg

Because, yes, I was one of the 8 people who saw The Marine
I think I read somewhere it was Cena's idea to cast Robert Patrick as his father because he liked working with him previously on The Marine. T-1000 crushed the role, so I'm glad he got the part. I'm gonna miss him though even if he was total scum, he was entertaining.

Gunn ain't no dummy. If Harcourt was my woman, I would put her as the lead woman in every damn thing I made. Like I said, totally not my usual type but, goddamn, exceptions exist for a reason.

Back