Social Penticton joins Victoria in cancelling Canada Day activities

its actually a real mix. coastal city fucks are lefty radicals, the rest of bc is hillbillies and rednecks who mostly want to be left alone. but, the okanagan has been overrun with retiring city fucks because its nicer here and the houses are cheaper. 20 years ago we were more like prince george or any other town out in the middle of the vast countryside.

I haven't been to BC in decades and I spent most of my time hiking in the sticks. The people I met were mostly rural, but we were in the middle of nowhere. I'm desperately trying to remember the name of the place we stayed but I'm drawing a blank, the place was literally in a holler. I remember it was somewhere between Vancouver and Kamloops.

Last edited:
im pushing for a butchering of 215 privileged children up here in kelowna. show those inbred hillbillies in penticton which town knows how to fucking woke proper.
Give me a heads up as to when this is happening. I've got family in the Okanagan and am supposed to visit in August. Wouldn't want my pasty white ass to get caught up in it. The kids are all mixed race so they should be fine.

My home province never really celebrated Canada Day anyway because July 1st means something different to Newfoundlanders. On July 1st 1917 over 700 men from the Newfoundland Regiment fought at the battle of Beaumont Hamel the next day only about 20 men made roll call. An entire generation of men were wiped out and it crippled our then small country. Most of July 1st is known as Memorial Day here but we do celebrate Canada’s birthday later that night with an awesome fireworks show.

If Liberals manage to cancel Canada Day i would be sadden.
I’m already sad because they cancelled the middle class, common sense, being able to afford things and our economy. This country is a mess right now

This is sad. Its like the BIPOC cancel crowd is determined to kill the baby before they throw out the bathwater.

We ain't perfect, but we should still be proud of our country's history.

I haven't been to BC in decades and I spent most of my time hiking in the sticks. The people I met were mostly rural, but we were in the middle of nowhere. I'm desperately trying to remember the name of the place we stayed but I'm drawing a blank, the place was literally in a holler. I remember it was somewhere between Vancouver and Kamloops.
had to look up ‘holler’, still not sure, lol

you orobably took the transcanada from Hope, and then it could be several little communities - Boston Bar, Spences Bridge, Lytton, Merritt, Logan Lake, Cache Creek.....

not many cities in this province... really just two, and i guess Kelowna now.

Well I suppose we will see how many people support this come next election time.

had to look up ‘holler’, still not sure, lol

you orobably took the transcanada from Hope, and then it could be several little communities - Boston Bar, Spences Bridge, Lytton, Merritt, Logan Lake, Cache Creek.....

not many cities in this province... really just two, and i guess Kelowna now.

This is what I remember:

Flew into Vancouver.
Five hour train to the town where we were going.
Then three hour drive to pick up someone in Kamloops (and three hour drive back).
It was a long day.

This is what I remember:

Flew into Vancouver.
Five hour train to the town where we were going.
Then three hour drive to pick up someone in Kamloops (and three hour drive back).
It was a long day.
then i dont have a clue where you took the train to. Its only 2-3 hours drive from Van itself to kamloops, depending on traffic.

then i dont have a clue where you took the train to. Its only 2-3 hours drive from Van itself to kamloops, depending on traffic.

I'm working on twenty year old memories here.

One day when I'm not thinking about it the name of the town will pop up in my mind and I'll come back to this thread.

Maybe we didn't fly into Vancouver. I remember the town being close enough to Vancouver we took a commuter train in one night to get drunk, and it was a three hour drive to Kamloops, so that tracks. Maybe we flew in somewhere else because it was cheaper, all I remember was a painfully long train ride followed by six hours of driving round trip to pick up the friend, three hours of which I spent on the tiny back bench of a pick-up.

Back