News PFL officially purchases Bellator

Neither organization has shown the promotion sense to be competitive. We'll see how it plays out, but I have to be skeptical. Would be great to see it evolve into a solid product. But throwing cash at it has never been a viable solution.

If its Saudi based why not do OneFC rules. UFC had the worst mma rules of all time.

Ok now fire BJM

Perfect time for the PFL to lean into their continuing relationship with USADA

Between this, ONE seemingly giving up on their MMA roster, and the new (and awful) design of sherdog forum, these are bad times to be an MMA fan

I strongly dislike new design on sherdog why did they decide to do this it was perfectly fine before the change.

Your opinion on Francis is terrible. And so are many of your other views. But you're entitled to them.

Ngannou has had knee issues for the better part of two years, he’s 0-1 in boxing, and the numbers for the PPV tanked proving he’s not a draw… that’s not an opinion, those are facts.

<31>

Two shitty minor league orgs. Just became one bigger shitty minor league org. I’m still not watching that shit.

Competition would be nice for spice mma world, and, especially, to piss off Dana. However, UFC reigns by far.

Bellator never tanked because of the promotion of their events like everyone is saying constantly the real truth whether anyone wants to here it is because so many people are gay for UFC its so ridiculous to me the moronic UFC fans, so any organization that isn't the precious UFC is second tier shit whether its true or not, immediately when there is an alternative to the UFC monopoly automatically all the UFC zombies shit all over it and exaggerate how bad it is and embellish UFC I've never saw
fans so gay for a company or product I'm dead serious all because they've been told that its the best yet at the same time
Dana is so scared to have any cross promotional match ups to prove that they actually are because of UFC fighters getting
exposed in Pride years back so he knows to not make that decision ever again.

There will never be an alternative to UFC because the mentality of the new breed of fans that are like if its not UFC than I don't care there are no longer mma fans there are UFC fans, back in the 90's early 2000's UFC fighters were even allowed to fight in other orgs while in the UFC because it was about the sport as a whole not one organization having a monopoly over all the fighters and orgs its not good at all for the sport or the fighters, Ngannou was very intelligent in leaving the UFC and so was Fedor for not signing because it is a entertainment company first and foremost which is why they don't honor rankings and put on money fights instead like Aspinall should not be the interim champ at all and he shouldn't have to wait on Jones to come back its absurd.

It's interesting that for years and years (at least 5 now) I've been reading here that PFL and ONE are in the red not making any profit, while Bellator was supposedly holding their own every year. Worldwide forum here was mostly Bellator fans that were ok with their product.

Now, all of a sudden, Bellator is the one that is dead. And PFL is still around and has enough money to buy them. ONE is still around as well. I guess those "researchers" analyzing those promotions were pulling numbers out of their ass.

I don't know how they will do but I wish there was a promotion that could put 40 events a year that wasn't UFC. You want to compete with them? Give me an option every weekend that isn't UFC. I don't care for a promotion that has 10 events a year. And I mean an MMA option, not Muay Thai with MMA gloves, that's another sport.

PFL's match making regardless of their 'playoff' format has been horrendous (look at the Manfio/Schultze/Burgos shit show); their production amateuish; and roster lacking. Bellator has had it's moments but under Coker devolved into a mess with some terrible cards for the most part after it ditched the tournament format despite having some great fighters at the top with no depth. I have zero faith this will work with PFL running things. I hope I'm wrong.
I think one of the smartest things PFL could do is retain the Bellator brass that had stuck with Coker through Strikeforce and Bellator, supposing they'd even stick around. But it is simply based upon the assumption that Coker had difficulties dealing with Viacom during his Bellator run, after the Viacom execs who loved combat sports, and had backed Coker in the Strikeforce days, left the company at some point. Strikeforce was proven to be successful, court docs show it, but I feel like Coker had a lot more control over his company at that time. Bellator was legitimately owned by Viacom, so he had to answer to them for everything. Maybe Bellator would have been more successful under Coker had he received the same amount of support through his run as he did during Strikeforce, and had more control over the product?

All of that said, I feel like PFL is in more of a Strikeforce situation, with a high degree of control over everything, while 3rd parties foot the bills. If that is actually the case, they don't know what they're doing. They're putting out this bland product everyone gripes about on their own accord. Maybe keeping some Bellator brass who have been with Coker since Strikeforce would benefit them? They at least turned a profit, and people wanted to watch...

and just like that.. probably no more realistically single digit world ranked fights on non rip off pay per view pay-pig distribution model ever again.

This conglomerate doesn't have anything remotely resembling a pay per view worthy MMA fight they can match make with this current roster, let alone an entire card, based on name value and mic skills or lack there of alone. Even if they did everybody should insta boycott anyway if they so much as even float the idea of Pay per view. Its not even remotely worth a solo subscription either like a UFC fight pass or WWE network type business model.

so F#&% you or put all events including their main events on free streaming & or those free network TV airways into the antenna on top of yur tube.. just like in the movies, that I've never seen actually work except fuzzy channel 6. At least get it on standard end cable package & or streaming equivalent... The 1 that gets u every channel except the stingy ass HBO/Showtime types.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fullmetalharts
Back