Phil Collins

A bit off topic, but in the early 90s my brother in law decided he wanted to be an actor. Starting taking classes etc. He got involved in a small independent film project and met this woman. They started dating for about ~3 months. She split up with him because she wanted to focus on her acting career and didn't have time for a boyfriend.

About a year later, I was reading an article in the newspaper about this actress that had won a Canadian Juno award for some show. As I was reading the article, I recognized her. Then was agape when the article went on to say "daughter of Rock superstar Phil Collins....." I immediately grabbed my BIL and showed him. He was as surprised about it as I was. Said she'd never once mentioned anything about it in the 3 months they dated.

Anyway, sad to hear. Always loved Phil and Genesis.
You mean Lily Collins? Wow.
%2Fmethode%2Fsundaytimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F99083478-026d-11eb-910e-49261a8ea333.jpg

I remember reading an old quote of his saying, "I'm not a singer who plays the drums, I'm a drummer who sings."

Something to that effect.

Always thought that was cool....(Dude always considered himself a drummer first)

I heard a similar story about The Rolling Stones.... Blah blah Mick call the drummer, see if he wants to hang out? He calls, the drummer agrees and shows up at the hotel. He's decked out from head to toe, nice suit, shoes, hat, everything. Punches Mick's friend square in the mouth and says "you asshole, that's my singer."

This is my favorite Phil Collins song. I just love it, it's so powerful. Gives me chills.

This is my favorite Phil Collins song. I just love it, it's so powerful. Gives me chills.

Same here.

My favorite.

I remember as a kid, WWF did some video with that song.

Might've been for a Saturday Night's Main Event, or someone's tribute, but it was fantastic.

I always liked this tune.

Boy has San Antonio grown. I remember driving out there in the 90s headed for Camp Bullis for shooting matches. North of 410 up Military highway was sparse, and past 1604 was sticks.
Now it feels like it extends plumb near to Boerne! Haven't been downtown since 2002 I think.

Boy has San Antonio grown. I remember driving out there in the 90s headed for Camp Bullis for shooting matches. North of 410 up Military highway was sparse, and past 1604 was sticks.
Now it feels like it extends plumb near to Boerne! Haven't been downtown since 2002 I think.
Oh, man.

Since 2002 it's grown a ton.

That's probably when it really it started to explode.

1604 is a parking lot, but the city is pretty hopping these days.

Oh, man.

Since 2002 it's grown a ton.

That's probably when it really it started to explode.

1604 is a parking lot, but the city is pretty hopping these days.

Saw the Getaway not long ago, made me want to go visit the Riverwalk.

Stayed at the Menger across from the Alamo as a kid. One summer I had saved up $7.00 to buy a Bowie knife from the Alamo gift shop. I've never felt more rich than that summer!

$7.00!!!! I was a fucking Baller. I got my Bowie knife and a fake coonskin cap and hung out at the Alamo all day.

Prolly 1976 I think.

Wish I could feel like that rich nowadays. I got more than $7 now!

Saw the Getaway not long ago, made me want to go visit the Riverwalk.

Stayed at the Menger across from the Alamo as a kid. One summer I had saved up $7.00 to buy a Bowie knife from the Alamo gift shop. I've never felt more rich than that summer!

$7.00!!!! I was a fucking Baller. I got my Bowie knife and a fake coonskin cap and hung out at the Alamo all day.

Prolly 1976 I think.

Wish I could feel like that rich nowadays. I got more than $7 now!

Nice!

They extended the Riverwalk quite a bit.

It's really nice.

I should go down there more often.

A bit off topic, but in the early 90s my brother in law decided he wanted to be an actor. Starting taking classes etc. He got involved in a small independent film project and met this woman. They started dating for about ~3 months. She split up with him because she wanted to focus on her acting career and didn't have time for a boyfriend.

About a year later, I was reading an article in the newspaper about this actress that had won a Canadian Juno award for some show. As I was reading the article, I recognized her. Then was agape when the article went on to say "daughter of Rock superstar Phil Collins....." I immediately grabbed my BIL and showed him. He was as surprised about it as I was. Said she'd never once mentioned anything about it in the 3 months they dated.

Anyway, sad to hear. Always loved Phil and Genesis.

You mean Lily Collins? Wow.
%2Fmethode%2Fsundaytimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F99083478-026d-11eb-910e-49261a8ea333.jpg

I believe it's Joely Collins that he's talking about. Since the story is from the early 90's, Joely would've been in her early 20s whereas Lily would be like 4 years old. Also just found out that Joely isn't Phil's biological daughter (daughter from his wife's first marriage), but he adopted her and walked her down the aisle when she got married, even though Phil and her mom were divorced years ago. Just shows that Phil is a good father
article-0-0269A0F900000578-885_468x647.jpg

Also didn't know about Phil's health conditions. That's sad to hear, and I've always enjoyed his music. I plan to go watch Elton John and Eric Clapton when they come here, because who knows how many more tours these aging legends have in them.

Another random fact: at the fair park in Dallas there are bricks you can buy and inscribe. The first bricks were actually from Phil Collins, his then wife and Lily Collins from something like 1992.

Shame he’s not doing well, dude is so musically brilliant. Call it blasphemy if you want, but I think Genesis was better with Phil Collins on lead vocals than it was with Peter Gabriel. Yeah, I said it. :)

Dude no

Back