Place to get cheap weight plates

Thanks for the heads up on the rouge reddit info. Do we know how often they get stock in? I was literally putting some plates in the cart earlier today and at check out they were oos lol. Not sure if they really got snatched out from me like that or if it was just an uodate lag or something.

Does anyone have oppinions on max gravity? They seem to be churning out orders and the next shipment is late January.

After looking on Craigslist and market place for months I just started asking coworkers, friends, and family. You'd be surprised how many people have a friend with abandoned plates sitting around. I've acquired almost 1,000lb for less than .50/lb in the last few weeks.

From cap barbell directly, follows in reverse order obviously; so read from the bottom up

Same price

On Fri, Nov 20, 2020 at 2:23 PM wrote:
Right, I mean if I bought 20,000 would that bring the per pound price down or is that flat?

20000?Your order is only like 14750 which is lees than $1.5/lb

On Fri, Nov 20, 2020 at 1:36 PM
Is there some weight at which the price would come down some? 20,000? With shipping that's basically 1.50 a pound. Does the size/type of plate effect the price or is every model basically the same?

$1.25/lb+$2250 shipping cost.

On Fri, Nov 20, 2020 at 11:06 AM
I'd prefer the CAP OLYMPIC CAST IRON PLATE, GRAY OPG#2 if possible. 200 45 pound plates and 40 25 pound plates. If it is cheaper to buy them in another arrangement I can do that too. Just trying to see what kind of numbers we end up talking

Please provide what you need, size, quantity, and shipping address. I will send back a formal quote to you. Please note we don't have a price list at this time.

Thank you!

Best regards,

CAP Barbell Inc
Customer Service Representative
-------------_
I am inquiring about the possibility of ordering a fairly large volume of weight, perhaps 10,000 pounds.

lol I imagine you are planning yo offload most of it, but I would be worried I would be stuck with 20,000 pounds of weight.

lol I imagine you are planning yo offload most of it, but I would be worried I would be stuck with 20,000 pounds of weight.
The gainz gods would be proud

Kabuki strength just released some plates but I imagine they're overpriced like everything they sell

Picking up another random 300lb set today from a coworkers sister. Her boyfriend won’t sell but said I could borrow them long term. Get off the internet and start asking people.

Have you tried walking-in to fitness equipment stores that don't sell online?

Here in Canada practically every site that sells online is sold-out and/or overpriced...but when I go to the local Fitness Depot they have them in stock at (converted to US currency) $1.60/lb.

I've also ordered some plates from the Rogue site (only the 1.25 lb fractional because my local shop doesn't have them)...even though its always sold out if you click "Notify me" you get an email within a few days and if you literally click and order within seconds you'll be fine otherwise they sell out for another few days at a time. I got them on my 2nd try not the 1st lol

Have you tried walking-in to fitness equipment stores that don't sell online?

Here in Canada practically every site that sells online is sold-out and/or overpriced...but when I go to the local Fitness Depot they have them in stock at (converted to US currency) $1.60/lb.
Our local big 5 sporting goods gets random inventory every Friday. Was in today and they had some 1" plates in stock but all the olympic was gone. Lots of dumbs and kettles though. Have some jank Marcy benches too. Shrugs. So I might get lucky once in a while haha.

I've also ordered some plates from the Rogue site (only the 1.25 lb fractional because my local shop doesn't have them)...even though its always sold out if you click "Notify me" you get an email within a few days and if you literally click and order within seconds you'll be fine otherwise they sell out for another few days at a time. I got them on my 2nd try not the 1st lol

Why not buy baseball bat weights? They're pretty cheap, in stock almost everywhere, come in a variety of weights, durable, and the inner diameter is just a hair bigger than the 2" sleeve on an olympic barbell so they fit nicely too. I have two 20oz weights that I use pretty often.

0013301_champro-bat-weight-blister-pac.jpeg

I'm not buying at these prices. I'd have to be at 1.25, the shipping kills it. The 20,000 is the max for a semi (single axle) so these numbers don't work. I do think it shows the prices for weight are not likely coming down much. Plus cap weight is shit. In a shipment like this 100 plates will be broken and I'll have to fight with them for refunds. Every penny matters at these volumes. I contacted another company but york is starting to put out stock in small volumes. With shipping those are coming in at 1.80 roughly. I've got a a friend that runs a commercial business so we're looking at long term set ups here.

Last edited:
Why not buy baseball bat weights? They're pretty cheap, in stock almost everywhere, come in a variety of weights, durable, and the inner diameter is just a hair bigger than the 2" sleeve on an olympic barbell so they fit nicely too. I have two 20oz weights that I use pretty often.

0013301_champro-bat-weight-blister-pac.jpeg

Thats a good idea for fractional plates, it's too late for me though lol. When I got the rogue 1.25's the weights were only $20 (for four) but shipping was $50

Thats a good idea for fractional plates, it's too late for me though lol. When I got the rogue 1.25's the weights were only $20 (for four) but shipping was $50

YIKES. Haha, too late now. I think I paid $6 for each weight and about $8 in shipping. Those are plates that you're probably gonna have forever so it's a decent investment overall.

Its a decent price but you get what you pay for - the backpad width narrows quite a bit up top and since it only weighs 35 lbs im guessing its not very sturdy.
I gave one to the CrossFit gym I use for cardio. It is way better than anything within 200 dollars of it. Comes mostly assembled too. I think you would be very surprised, but no it does not have anything on a commercial bench.

I gave one to the CrossFit gym I use for cardio. It is way better than anything within 200 dollars of it. Comes mostly assembled too. I think you would be very surprised, but no it does not have anything on a commercial bench.

Oh yeah I didnt expect it to be commercial-gym-like. Thats good to hear though, one of my friends ordered the same bench and I thought he's making a mistake sounds like it was a good idea.

Within $200 cant u get an Inspire-Fitness bench? I haven't tried them but they seem better from online ads.

YIKES. Haha, too late now. I think I paid $6 for each weight and about $8 in shipping. Those are plates that you're probably gonna have forever so it's a decent investment overall.

They charge an arm and a leg if shipping from the US to Canada. I think they have some stuff in a Canadian warehouse (not plates tho) and shipping charges for those aren't so bad

Oh yeah I didnt expect it to be commercial-gym-like. Thats good to hear though, one of my friends ordered the same bench and I thought he's making a mistake sounds like it was a good idea.

Within $200 cant u get an Inspire-Fitness bench? I haven't tried them but they seem better from online ads.
There might be sales going on that I don't know about. The best ones cost around 300 and at that point you may as well get commercial for another hundred

Back