Poatan is overated

His bouts against izzy were 50/50 the first who throw the right punch win

Even against Jiri he got caught clean, jiri just have a worse defense than Poatan (which is already bad)

He is very accurate, powerful, so dangerous, but he is not that great, izzy koed him, Jiri make him retreat, i see Poatan getting KO'ed soon enough and begin his downfall

His path to the ufc gold is impressive because it was fast, but he got the right fights at the right time (yes he won most of them but still)

Hill by KO round 1
Over rated but double champ and the first realistic triple champ, The guys blazed his way to 2 belts in record time, he's not been training MMA as long as most in UFC so let his career progress before talking sh*t on him

Two different ufc weight class champion , ok buddy! The hate in here is ridiculous.

depends on what you base your opinion on, does some of his fans overrate him by calling him god daily and post every bit of his activity in social media ? yes, you're fed up on that and thats what you mean i guess ? or ur just plain dumb looking to bait his fans
otherwise he's earned his spot and u can't do shit about it, call him lucky, thats on you for not actually trying to learn how fighting works, alex style is perfect to recognize shit brains who masquerade as experts and write detailed posts/comments explaining X fighter is shit because i think ....

Ya he just lucked into two UFC belts and all them kickboxing accolades.
Yeah really though. With the right conditions any of us could trip into multiple division world titles.

Jiri was always going to get clipped by a real striker, I thought it would be Ankalaev, but it turned out to be Poatan.

Punchers are hard to rate, to be honest. If they don't get the KO, they look like crap. But then they might flatten a p4p GOAT candidate in 2 minutes.

It's just the nature of the game, when you reach Poatan's level of power, you can beat any human being on the planet. But you can also lose embarrassingly to a guy with more well-rounded skills.

You're not the first to say this and yet he's been double champ already. But yeah sure overrated.

Put your action where your mouth is and show us your bet for Hill.
It’s so stupid when people say show us your bet slip like that’s some great argument not everyone is a degenerate gambler

You're not the first to say this and yet he's been double champ already. But yeah sure overrated.

It's hard to imagine anyone being a double champ being overrated I'd say. I'm not sure anyone's won the MW and LHW for double champ status either, I could be wrong.

If you're going to claim somebody is overrated, at least give some interesting thoughts.

"Izzy and him 50/50 first to punch wins" -- what are you even watching? First to punch wins?

"Jiri make him retreat" -- so going backwards means you suck?

Poatan is rated fine. Nobody is calling him the goat and he won two belts. Even without being tested by pure wrestlers along the way, that's a very difficult task you nutjob.

The striking is outstanding - it's not overrated at all. Grappling is a huge weakness as everyone knows.

"Huge weakness". That's why he decisioned Blachowicz on his debut when moving up a weight class.

Yeah absolutely, complete bum, double champ luck box really, shit I would probably fuck him up if I ever saw him on the street as would most Sherdoggers.

lets just avoid the fact that hes been given special treatment?
at 185 i could see ddp suffocating him and getting taken to the ground

he almost lost to jan who only gassed

If you want to call him a mediocre kicker, you would be one thousand percent correct. You want to say his footwork is dodgy and his defense is mediocre? Once again, couldn't agree more. But his ability to stay upright, see openings and take advantage of them is second to none right now, and he has stupid punching power. You know who else had shit kicks, a mediocre defense(or one that's easy to pick apart at least) and still had wild success due to great timing, vision and punching power? Conor. Liddell. JDS. There's a list of former champions with those exact attributes. Sometimes that's all it takes.
Mediocre kicker? You mean the one who had Izzy and Jiri limping within minutes with his calf kicks?

He arguably has the best low kicks in the higher weight classes right now. He may not be the most diverse kicker but I think that is partially because it’s easier to get taken down using other kicks. His kicks have set up his hands in quite a few of his fights.

Mediocre kicker? You mean the one who had Izzy and Jiri limping within minutes with his calf kicks?

He arguably has the best low kicks in the higher weight classes right now. He may not be the most diverse kicker but I think that is partially because it’s easier to get taken down using other kicks. His kicks have set up his hands in quite a few of his fights.
It really doesn't take much skill to deliver calf kicks so I don’t really count them. His kicks sucked even when he was kickboxing. Never was his strong suit. But he really doesn’t need them to be more than a calf kick and annoying now, as you rightly pointed out, his kicks would get him taken down. Izzy’s were never a liability, nor were good kickers’ middle and high kicks a liability. It’s mostly the level of kicking you have and his is mediocre. Once again though, this is mma. He doesn’t have to be cro cop with the abilities he has.

It really doesn't take much skill to deliver calf kicks so I don’t really count them. His kicks sucked even when he was kickboxing. Never was his strong suit. But he really doesn’t need them to be more than a calf kick and annoying now, as you rightly pointed out, his kicks would get him taken down. Izzy’s were never a liability, nor were good kickers’ middle and high kicks a liability. It’s mostly the level of kicking you have and his is mediocre. Once again though, this is mma. He doesn’t have to be cro cop with the abilities he has.
lol what?!? Stopped reading there.

Brb gonna join the UFC and devastate world champions in two weight classes with my low skill calf kicks. Didn’t know UFC could be this easy. Thanks!

It’s so stupid when people say show us your bet slip like that’s some great argument not everyone is a degenerate gambler

It's even more stupid when people say a double champ is overrated. If they're so confident the guy is overrated and his opponent will walk over him then they should definitely bet for that guaranteed money.

Showing a bet slip that you've bet on the other guy shows at least that you really believe what you're saying and not just throwing the argument out there for controversy sake.

I personally don't bet, but I also don't go around saying multiple times champions of the caliber of Alex Pereira are overrated.

It's hard to imagine anyone being a double champ being overrated I'd say. I'm not sure anyone's won the MW and LHW for double champ status either, I could be wrong.

Nobody else than Pereira in UFC, but in other organisations like One FC several people have.

lets just avoid the fact that hes been given special treatment?
at 185 i could see ddp suffocating him and getting taken to the ground

he almost lost to jan who only gassed

Jan is bigger and I'd argue a better grappler than DDP and he still won against him.

Also, it's becoming more and more difficult to use the "special treatment" argument when literally his last 5 fights have all been against current or previous champs.

Back