Poirier Chandler Scorecards and thoughts on the fight

Yeah, it was a hell of a fight, Chandler threw it away though trying to be exciting and giving up position to go for the RNC instead of maintaining control and going for GnP and submissions from top position.
Didn't chandler have the first round in the bag until he got into a needless exchange with Dustin at the end of the round that busted his nose ? Second round could have been a 10-8 for chandler. Just bad fight iq unfortunately.

It was in fact 1-1 going into the third round.

Struggling to see why people say that Poirier was "whining". He complained about the fish hook as it was happening, and then let it go until Joe asked him about it in the post fight interview.

Also-- he immediately made amends with Chandler and gave him respect. He said "Hey man. The truth is I was afraid to fight you. I was. But without fear there is no bravery."

In his last three fights he's dealt with marked, demonstrable cheating. He himself does not cheat. What the hell is there not to like about him?

dustin-poirier-michael-chandler-ufc-281-scorecard.jpg

Why does it matter? Dustin finished him

Didn't chandler have the first round in the bag until he got into a needless exchange with Dustin at the end of the round that busted his nose ? Second round could have been a 10-8 for chandler. Just bad fight iq unfortunately.
He was ahead in the first half of round 1 and rocked Dustin but Dustin rocked him back twice later. I think he was going for the finish in round 1 and wanted to keep it standing the whole round. I don't remember thinking he made a bone-headed move in round 1 like he did in round 3.

Yeah, in the UFC he's thrown the fight IQ out the window. With his skill set he could achieve a lot more in the UFC than he has but he seems focused on being entertaining at the cost of losing fights he could have won.

Why the hell do people bump old threads just to say they need to rewatch a fight? Just fucking rewatch it!

Bro. I just wanted people to talk about this fight again. That's why I bumped it.
Well did you think about the fact that I'd KILL MYSELF if you did? Huh?!

:p

@Fergelmince I'm sorry if I came off as an asshole, that wasn't directed at you. Someone else quoted me prior and said "WELL WHY DOES IT MATTER" and I'm thinking... I don't know. I made this post like so long ago. I may have been drunk

Why the hell do people bump old threads just to say they need to rewatch a fight? Just fucking rewatch it!

not sure about that, threads and discussion is good on a forum made for discussion.. lol

i welcome the bumps

the reason chandler cant sustain wrestling in the octagon is because hes so muscle bound. those muskuls fill up with lactic acid.
it was uncomfortable watching that sequence where he was fish-hooking/mouth-gouging. and i dont condone it. but thats some primal shit. in a fight for your life, you better believe you'd be fish-hooking, eye-gouging, ball-squeezing and whatever else you needed to do to not let the other guy kill you

i welcome the bumps
That's the difference between you and I then. I'd rather a new thread be made over necro bumping. That's why we have the 'rewatch' option when making a new thread.

Well did you think about the fact that I'd KILL MYSELF if you did? Huh?!

:p

@Fergelmince I'm sorry if I came off as an asshole, that wasn't directed at you. Someone else quoted me prior and said "WELL WHY DOES IT MATTER" and I'm thinking... I don't know. I made this post like so long ago. I may have been drunk

no worries sherbro.

the reason chandler cant sustain wrestling in the octagon is because hes so muscle bound. those muskuls fill up with lactic acid.
it was uncomfortable watching that sequence where he was fish-hooking/mouth-gouging. and i dont condone it. but thats some primal shit. in a fight for your life, you better believe you'd be fish-hooking, eye-gouging, ball-squeezing and whatever else you needed to do to not let the other guy kill you
He can sustain it, he's just thrown fight IQ out the window since late in his Bellator career to be as entertaining as possible. I wouldn't be surprised if he was one of the non champions that get PPV points which would partially explain why he is doing it.

That's the difference between you and I then. I'd rather a new thread be made over necro bumping. That's why we have the 'rewatch' option when making a new thread.

what is the difference in the end lol. same fight is being discussed.

what is the difference in the end lol. same fight is being discussed.
I think the difference is that's why we have the rewatch option instead of necro bumping. Kind of the whole point to stop necro bumps.

To be fair, he did have some wrestling-intense, LnP wins in Bellator. Maybe it's a combo of age and too much muscle. Or maybe he could get away with certain supEPOplements in Bellator as very few fighters got busted there?

Back