Poirier says he checked one of McGregor's kicks. When?

It wasn't him checking, just an accident. Happens sometimes, nothing can be done about it. I wouldn't put too much weight on (pun) what Poirier's saying right after a fight. Overeem was sure Stipe tapped. It's too hectic.
This. Huge Poirier fan here, but a fracture there would've made it give out earlier. Was a freak accident more than likely.

Canor the glass legged rat should never be let near Dustin ever again. Dustin is bad for his health. He should ask for Diego in Dublin instead. That would be a cracker.

Dustin literally checked it, it's right there in the gif.

Fuck man, you're an embarrassment. Conor lost man, get a grip. You should be used to it by now, he's 3-4 when not cutting 30 lbs to fight much smaller men.
this sounds like projecting. he didn’t check the kick. if that’s the kick, i could understand just because it lands on the knee but there was no actual attempt to check the kick.

this sounds like projecting. he didn’t check the kick. if that’s the kick, i could understand just because it lands on the knee but there was no actual attempt to check the kick.
Dude I hate to break it to you, but lifting the leg up and back so Conor kicks somewhere else besides the soft muscle is checking the kick.

A check is done many ways, depending on the stance and kick used.

Pointed at him. He knew it

/thread

What is hilarious is bas rutten was talking about Dustin and said he sometimes throws leg kicks hard and without a set up and that they're easy to check and low and behold conor throws a kick without setting it up and it gets checked.

He did check it the shin was turned outward and he was braced more block than a check but the damage was done by the poor kick tech landing on the knee

People being delusional. Dustin literally pointed it out right after he checked it and there's a GIF of it. I'm pretty sure the one doing the checking knows better than someone watching a 2D image zoomed out from one angle. Your biased opinions claiming otherwise holds no weight.

LOL. He checked it, it's on gif. Are you blind?
No, I see fine.

Dustin tried to move out of range so the kick landed on the foot, I wouldn't call that a check

Dude I hate to break it to you, but lifting the leg up and back so Conor kicks somewhere else besides the soft muscle is checking the kick.

A check is done many ways, depending on the stance and kick used.
he got kicked directly behind the knee, literally the worst place on your leg to get kicked. poirier still won dude. i’m not saying it’s a BS loss or anything. he just didn’t check that kick

he got kicked directly behind the knee, literally the worst place on your leg to get kicked. poirier still won dude. i’m not saying it’s a BS loss or anything. he just didn’t check that kick

Lifting the leg is a check, bro.

Plus, his foot hit the side of the knee, which is bone.

"Checking a kick" doesn't mean "Blocking a kick with my knee and shattering their leg." It means simply moving your leg to lessen impact, and hopefully your opponent hits bone and stops kicking.

Dustin literally checked the kick, and later on checked one high (hip check on a thigh kick).

I know it is hard to accept after all the lies and nuthuggers (and Conor himself) telling you how amazing Conor is, best striker eva, etc... Unfortunately that isn't true, you were marked for a Con and fell for it.

A couple of suspicious ones:
at 3:42 of the first round, he threw a kick that hit the side of Poirier's knee, and that led to him clinching and going for a guillitoine. Did he do that because it hurt his shin? Who knows.

McGregor also threw a kick right when the two stood back up, with 0:13 seconds left in the round, and his shin hit the back of Poirier's knee, right before the leg broke. That one could have been the final straw.

There are several throughout the fight where McGregors lower shin makes contact (4:39 of the round is the kick most people are looking at because Dustin nods. 4:13 and 3:58 the shin also lands).

It will be interesting to see how willing fighters will be to continue to throw those kicks given the increased frequency of broken legs recently.

”Checking a kick" doesn't mean "Blocking a kick with my knee and shattering their leg." It means simply moving your leg to lessen impact, and hopefully your opponent hits bone and stops kicking.
nah it’s got a pretty clear cut definition.
Dustin literally checked the kick, and later on checked one high (hip check on a thigh kick).

I know it is hard to accept after all the lies and nuthuggers (and Conor himself) telling you how amazing Conor is, best striker eva, etc... Unfortunately that isn't true, you were marked for a Con and fell for it.
he didn’t check the kick but it literally doesn’t matter. idgaf about dustin or conor, please stop projecting.

Check or no check, he kicked his knee, Dustin pointed, later his ankle folded.

No way on hell your ankle folds like that unless it's compromised.

Conor fucked up throwing them leg kicks.

Even considering Conor was going to lose anyway? He showed tonight he has nothing for Dustin. Got mauled on the ground. Lost most of the striking exchanges. All he had were kicks that were tiring himself out.
His ground work was complete garbage. Didnt move his hips at all, zero wrist control except holding dustins gloves, his later guillotine attempts looked like completely desperate.

How he could train this long and still be this bad off his back is baffling.

Back