Police shoot 16 year old running away.

I got this sweet hack.

Shoot first then claim he was suspected of murder. Works like a charm!

You can also do this overseas. When you kill someone, claim they were suspected ISIS and BOOM you're off Scot free! This hack is tried, tested and mother approved.

He would have been convicted of murder in this case.

You can't shoot and kill someone because you think he has a gun, even if he is a known murderer.
Cops are not sanctioned executioners, and gun ownership is LEGAL in America
Cops get away with it because they have other cops and the system on their side

You have to see a clear and present threat to life--actually see a weapon, not "feel" like someone has one before you take lethal action.
There's a cop in this thread that even said this was not a good shoot a couple pages back.
I agree. And that sympathy is partially why these scumbags get away with summary executing ppl on the basis of having a badge.
I got this sweet hack.

Shoot first then claim he was suspected of murder. Works like a charm!

You can also do this overseas. When you kill someone, claim they were suspected ISIS and BOOM you're off Scot free! This hack is tried, tested and mother approved.
Is it snowing in here? I know the basic principal of kill or be killed is a lot to absorb.

All those dumb cops do is drink coffee while hanging out in doughnut shops.

I have no love for criminals. All I have to base a decision on is what is in this particular video. The guy was running away. Was he armed? When did he supposedly look back at the cops and grab for his waistband? He is pulling up his saggy ass jeans.
The cop that shot him walks into the frame and immediately shoots the guy. Its sloppy work. Cops have to realize that the same camera they use to catch criminals are also recording them. That is all.
And yet there were preventable circumstances that came into play before he jumped over the fence.

LEOs should have a box of Huggies diapers in their marked patrol car, and then there is the real world.

Accomplice to a murder.

Zero tears.

You can't shoot and kill someone because you think he has a gun, even if he is a known murderer.
Cops are not sanctioned executioners, and gun ownership is LEGAL in America
Cops get away with it because they have other cops and the system on their side

You have to see a clear and present threat to life--actually see a weapon, not "feel" like someone has one before you take lethal action.
There's a cop in this thread that even said this was not a good shoot a couple pages back.

That’s not true.

You do not have to see the weapon to shoot. There’s no rule that black and white.

Each situation is unique.

Why do cops policing their own citizens seem to have looser ROE than military in a hostile zone?
This is flawed, and it’s not even close. LEOs are under 10x more scrutiny than engagements at war.

Threads like this where every arm chair cop lets their hindsight wisdom be known is a prime example.

Last edited:
And yet there were preventable circumstances that came into play before he jumped over the fence.

LEOs should have a box of Huggies diapers in their marked patrol car, and then there is the real world.
Nah.. hey just need the wonder woman lasso that they can wrap the feet up from 50 ft away. Plus, it forces them to tel the truth. But, hey.. its online social media. We are all correct and know all of the facts.

Accomplice to a murder.

Zero tears.

That's an odd response. You basically admit that, regardless of the legality of the police shooting (I think it's likely it was justified, though still disturbing), you don't care given the assumed guilt of the decedent. The same logic could be applied to a case where the decedent had his hands raised in clear view of law enforcement and was still gunned down. Zero tears indeed!

That's an odd response. You basically admit that, regardless of the legality of the police shooting (I think it's likely it was justified, though still disturbing), you don't care given the assumed guilt of the decedent. The same logic could be applied to a case where the decedent had his hands raised in clear view of law enforcement and was still gunned down. Zero tears indeed!

Its @Madmick, this is his normal boot licking. It's not worth arguing with him when he is trolling so hard.

No, I've simply read what nhbbear has written in the past about the law as it pertains to police conduct regarding someone who is believed to be a potentially lethal threat to the community that decides to flee from the police. There was a thread on this last year when a young man was shot in the back while fleeing from police by jumping through fences and running through backyards-- exactly like this. People cried about that. Bear educated the forum on why the police are justified in dispensing potentially lethal force in those situations as someone who is believed to be an active threat tries to flee.

The forum doesn't have much of a memory, I suppose. I do.

No, I've simply read what nhbbear has written in the past about the law as it pertains to police conduct regarding someone who is believed to be a potentially lethal threat to the community that decides to flee from the police. There was a thread on this last year when a young man was shot in the back while fleeing from police by jumping through fences and running through backyards-- exactly like this. People cried about that. Bear educated the forum on why the police are justified in dispensing potentially lethal force in those situations as someone who is believed to be an active threat tries to flee.

The forum doesn't have much of a memory, I suppose. I do.

Even if he was involved in the murder the day before-they was the day before. If it had just happened, I would still have some issue with it because he is just running away and showing no signs of aggression. TN v Garner and graham v Connor explain the how and when’s that officers can use deadly force. This incident does not even come close to meeting those requirements.

this is a shooting that rightfully condemns the police in this instance. You want to protest? This is a good case for that. Instead, I have never heard of this and we have people angry and protesting good shoots-ex the co springs case where the kid fresh off an armed robbery, runs away while grabbing his waist there the gun was. He was shot and killed, and protests ensued. And he was awaiting trial for raping a child.

unfortunately, there will never be complete uniformity in police work as every single case and area are different. Also unfortunately, we will never see that uniformity in protests. People ignore heinous police shootings while they get their cardboard signs to “stop killing us” as they stand with a complete shitbag.

I typically take the side of cops, since most of these shootings are justified. This was fucked, though.

Always thought why police shoot a guy that runs.

Too lazy to footchase? Of course if its some maniac with ak then sure.

No thought given as to why the kid runs in the first place?

Probably something to do with nepotism.

Also, I think what happened to America is they had a large influx of PTSD ridden Iraq war vets come home and become cops.

Not a good recipe.

Highly doubtful. The easiest to spot factor is the absurdly low standards in testing across all facets of what police officers need to operate effectively. They aren't tested or screened anywhere near where they need to be initially, and when they get the job they are rarely tested, much less as stringently (like you'd expect for US citizens given the ultimate power over other citizens) as they should be.

Back