Law Police unions across the country look to stop mandatory vaccination among officers

TidWell

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
A lot of police officers are refusing to get vaccinated for Covid, and have low vaccination rates for Covid, I wonder if they will be forced or they will get an exemption.

Police unions across the country look to stop mandatory vaccination among officers

As the White House steps up its push to increase vaccinations, police unions across the country are protesting local mandates, despite the number of COVID-19 deaths among officers.

Last month, when Mayor Lori Lightfoot of Chicago said there would “absolutely” be a vaccine mandate for city employees, the local police union promised legal action.

“It cannot be mandated. It’s that simple. Our members don’t want to be mandated to do anything like that,” said the union president, John Catanzara. “This vaccine has no studies for long-term side effects or consequences. None. To mandate anybody to get that vaccine, without that data as a baseline, amongst other issues, is a ‘Hell, no’ for us.”

Catanzara also likened the vaccine mandates to the Holocaust, saying, “We’re in America, g*ddamn it. We don’t want to be forced to do anything. Period. This ain’t Nazi f***ing Germany, [where they say], ‘Step into the f***ing showers. The pills won’t hurt you.’ What the f***?”

Catanzara’s opposition to mandates is indicative of a larger trend across the nation’s law enforcement organizations. Meanwhile, three times more officers died of COVID-19 in 2020 than in firearm-related incidents, according to tracking from the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund. The National Fraternal Order of Police (FOP) stated that 644 officers have died from the virus as of Sept. 10, but noted that “not all” of the deaths “have been verified.”

“We are a union, and we will defend our members,” FOP executive director Jim Pasco told Axios last month. “You cannot tell people what to do. It’s still an individual and personal choice.”

On Thursday, President Biden announced new measures in an attempt to increase vaccination rates across the country, as the Delta variant rages in some areas. One of those measures requires that all federal employees and contractors be vaccinated. Last month, the Pentagon said it was making the vaccine mandatory for 1.3 million active-duty service members.

Vaccination rates remain low among many police departments. Los Angeles Police Department Chief Michael Moore said that 51 percent of the department was vaccinated as of Aug. 31. Late last month, widows of some of the officers who have died from the disease were featured in a video issued to the department, encouraging officers to get vaccinated. According to a report by the Los Angeles Times, data showed that 85 percent of infected LAPD members were unvaccinated.

Full story
https://www.yahoo.com/news/police-u...ory-vaccination-among-officers-193226596.html

Where was the FOP regarding the Capitol and DC Police Officers that went through hell on January 6 at the Capitol?

They could spread the virus to the desk.
Knowing how it’s spread, he made just about the dumbest post of all time. Constantly being in close contact with people in an A/Ced room is the way to spread the virus.

sporadic contact with people outdoors is not the way to be a super spreader.

Last edited:
Forcing people to take experimental drugs is wrong. It shouldn’t even need to be fucking said.
But here we are full of smart people listening to experts.
Even that lil bitch Fauci has no good reason for healthy young people to get a shot

Reactions: J_C
I find it ironic that police officers that are expected to put their lives on the line as part of their job and to protect and serve are afraid of a little jab.

I find it ironic that police officers that are expected to put their lives on the line as part of their job and to protect and serve are afraid of a little jab.

It’s funny. I was reading comments on a left wing news website the other day, and these pro-vaccine people were saying that they wouldn’t take a vaccine that was made in China (the Sinovac).

The irony was lost on them. They criticize people for not wanting the Pfizer vaccine, when they themselves would not allow themselves to be injected with the Chinese vaccine.

What’s wrong?? It’s only a vaccine, right?

I have a question for you, would you take the Chinese vaccine? Would you let anyone just inject you, with no questions asked? Just as long as they wear a white coat?

I am currently being forced to take this shit (either that or lose my job) I fucking wish cops would strike in my country that might make these fucking retards reconsider.

I am currently being forced to take this shit (either that or lose my job) I fucking wish cops would strike in my country that might make these fucking retards reconsider.
What country? Canada?

Back