Law Police unions across the country look to stop mandatory vaccination among officers

They aren't forced to take it. They can resign.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

No it isn't being forced, because they do not have a right to a job.

So it's perfectly fine for a public servant to put civilians at risk ? And in the case of LEOs this is especially bad because the civilian can not avoid the LEO if stopped. They are infringing on the rights of others when they put them at risk of infection.
I could see your point if the vaccines prevented infection or spreading Covid, but as is they just mask symptoms. What's worse, is if you're asymptomatic you're more likely not to isolate so thus becoming a super spreader.

They aren't forced to take it. They can resign.
An unvaccinated cop greatly increases the odds of infecting a civilian. And civilians who are stopped by police do not have a choice in whether they want to interact with police.
A vaccinated cop walking around asymptomatic but still infectious is a significant risk itself. I'd prefer the guy who is infectious for a few days longer but isolates at first sign then the guy who clears the infection in a few days less but carrys on as if he's not .

this is gonna a tough choice for resident lefties in here...

corrupt union vs tyrannical government

Its a good that the unions are trying to stop it. I am sure our govts are doing this for our health?

What’s the benefit here if the unions succeed? Is there a precedent you’re concerned about? The vaccine itself doesn’t represent any meaningful concern. And of course it’s being done for public health, that much is obvious even to the lamest basement dwelling cynic.

What’s the benefit here if the unions succeed? Is there a precedent you’re concerned about? The vaccine itself doesn’t represent any meaningful concern. And of course it’s being done for public health, that much is obvious even to the lamest basement dwelling cynic.
How does a cop being vaccinated benefit public health?

cops dont like rules unless they are the ones enforcing them on others

LoL cops are such whiney bitches.

Still waiting for that golden answer how does a vaccinated person save someone else’s life ? It still can be transmitted so….
I suppose there's a viral load element to it, but that's still not settled science as far as I know.

Settled science? Lol. I made a funny. <Moves><Moves> o_O

Biden already caved to USPS union so I don't see why he won't cave again.
Previously it was reported that the USPS had an exemption from the vaccine mandate for federal employees. This report by a WaPo reporter has since been corrected.

Washington Post reporter corrects story on Postal Service exemption from Biden vaccine mandate

https://www.foxnews.com/media/washi...ostal-service-exemption-biden-vaccine-mandate

---

White House clarifies USPS workers will be subject to vaccine mandate

The White House issued a clarification late Thursday after the Washington Post, citing an official, reported USPS workers were not required to get the shot and were only being “strongly encouraged” to do so.

Postal workers will have a choice between getting the vaccine and getting tested for COVID-19 once a week, a Biden administration official clarified, subjecting those workers to the rules being imposed on business of 100 employees or more, as opposed to the rules for federal employees.

“USPS is not included in the executive order requiring vaccination of Federal employees. USPS has a separate statutory scheme and is traditionally independent of federal personnel actions like this,” a Biden administration official said.

https://www.postaltimes.com/postaln...s-workers-will-be-subject-to-vaccine-mandate/

I just hope this kind of stuff wakes conservatives up to how important unions really are. I know that they can be corrupt and shitty. But labour needs to organize in order to have any chance to resist this or any future draconian measures threatened by the state/corporate establishment.

Wait for them to win first. The pessimist in me knows they are just raising noise until they get cut a check. Then they'll flip and demand all union members get vaxxed.

Last edited:
I think any cops refusing to get the vaccine should be forced to work at a desk. They should not be allowed to work with the public unless fully vaccinated

What if they already had CV-19?

Why does everyone on the Left keep forgetting about millions of people that have better immunity than those with vaccines?

Still waiting for that golden answer how does a vaccinated person save someone else’s life ? It still can be transmitted so….

And you won't get one. Because the FDA FAQ still says that the impact on transmission is unknown. Anyone telling you to get the vaccine to prevent transmission is telling you to take the drug for an off-label use.

this is gonna a tough choice for resident lefties in here...

corrupt union vs tyrannical government

Not really, they hate cops, some on here even take pleasure when they are hurt or killed in the line of duty. A police union is like a Black Republican to them.

Wait for them to win first. The pessimist in me knows they are just raising noise until they get cut a check. Then they'll flip and demand all union members get vaxxed.

I certainly don't think that a union is a guaranteed 100% solution to defeating vaccine mandates or anything like that. My point is just that without a union you have nothing at all. Conservatives who cheerlead for union-busting Republicans should keep that in mind.

Back