Poliquin on Fish Oils and my own Personal Experience

ah,that's unfortunate.can't say i've had nuclear waste coming out my ass from these.

erco said:
I have no problems with fishy burps or the like, it's the nuclear waste leaking out my ass that concerns me!
That should not be happening from fish oil. If that's the case, I'd check to see if it's rancid.

i believe in fish oil. when i dont take my fish oils my back acts up more then normal. also i had miniscus repair surgery 3 months ago and i feel the fish oil greatly improved the knee faster then normal. i had a perfect quad set after only 1-1/2 months after surgery. and almost full flexibility back. im pretty sure its from daily fish oils use. i use about 6 grams a day. i also find my self way more irritable when i dont take my fish oil. now only if it made my leg stronger again............

MikeMartial said:
That should not be happening from fish oil. If that's the case, I'd check to see if it's rancid.

I did check:

Fearing that they were rancid, I did ye olde bite into 'em test. Other than the overwhelming fish taste, they were otherwise fine. I then swallowed the oil in my mouth. After maybe a minute, I made a mad dash for the bathroom and proceeded to crap out a lung.

It tasted really clean, kinda like the oil at the bottom of a can of sardines (minus the salt). I'm positive they weren't rancid.

Also, as an update, I took some this morning, with food, no issues whatsoever. Not sure what's going on.

erco said:
I did check:

It tasted really clean, kinda like the oil at the bottom of a can of sardines (minus the salt). I'm positive they weren't rancid.

Also, as an update, I took some this morning, with food, no issues whatsoever. Not sure what's going on.

How many caps are you taking at once.

At first, 2 a pop, but then I started taking 1. 2 at a time was worse, but not significantly so. The absolute worst was after the bite test.

It's been 2 hours since my first pill, no ill side effects. Should be okay, I'll be popping another pill shortly.

erco said:
At first, 2 a pop, but then I started taking 1. 2 at a time was worse, but not significantly so. The absolute worst was after the bite test.

It's been 2 hours since my first pill, no ill side effects. Should be okay, I'll be popping another pill shortly.

dam dude, i would think you are taking steroids or some shit.

lockjaw211 said:
dam dude, i would think you are taking steroids or some shit.

What the hell does that even mean?

Anyways, took one during lunch, no issues. That's 3 so far today, with meals, and no problems.

I might've grown immune or something.

erco said:
What the hell does that even mean?

Anyways, took one during lunch, no issues. That's 3 so far today, with meals, and no problems.

I might've grown immune or something.

your taking a measly fish oil pill. whats the big deal? we dont need updates every time you take one, geez.

So I've gone off the Fish oils for a few days and my pizza face is going away but now I'm starting to feel like shit again. Dilemma.

Sonny said:
So I've gone off the Fish oils for a few days and my pizza face is going away but now I'm starting to feel like shit again. Dilemma.

Industrial sized tubs of zit cream.

erco said:
Industrial sized tubs of zit cream.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That never did anything for me anyways.

It's almost impossible to talk to a regular person uniformed person about taking fish oils(fat) to lower their body fat. It's like hammering a boulder with a twig. Pointless.

kronker said:
It's almost impossible to talk to a regular person uniformed person about taking fish oils(fat) to lower their body fat. It's like hammering a boulder with a twig. Pointless.

For the most part, the general public is still in it's "fat phobia/low fat for teh win" phase.

MikeMartial said:
For the most part, the general public is still in it's "fat phobia/low fat for teh win" phase.

Sounds like a Susan Powter infommercial.

Sonny said:
Sounds like a Susan Powter infommercial.

LOL I had to google that name, but I sure as hell remember her crazy face. I bet the lesbians still go ape shit over her.

MikeMartial said:
LOL I had to google that name, but I sure as hell remember her crazy face. I bet the lesbians still go ape shit over her.

YEah, she's an uber dyke.

MikeMartial said:

She's been replaced by this lesbian:

40629.jpg

MikeMartial said:
I'd hit it.

Oh man, my girlfriend forced me to watch an episode of her show. It's a reality TV show surrounding personal trainers set in Beverly Hills. The TV bombarded me with images of annoying dykes, cable machines, balance balls and cardio boxing. I promptly threw up, it tasted like fish oil (to keep it on topic!).

Back