Political Betting Thread

Are you American? Do you know how our elections work?

American here. The person with the most votes in each state wins that state, and the person with the most electoral votes wins the election. In this election that is Joseph Robinette Biden, and from all reports there doesn't appear to be a legitimate challenge to that.

feels like he's getting more desperate, I've not been keeping up with this at all but hopefully this will get settled sooner or later.

Might be the most Donald Trump tweet I've ever seen. Gives himself praise for something, but in the same statement saying that thing was actually really bad and it's the democrats fault.

Most states will have their results certified by December 1, so it should be settled by then. Even Georgia, which is doing a hand recount, says they should be able to meet their Nov 20 certification deadline. Possible the concessions will happen sooner, but I wouldn't be confident in that.

American here. The person with the most votes in each state wins that state, and the person with the most electoral votes wins the election. In this election that is Joseph Robinette Biden, and from all reports there doesn't appear to be a legitimate challenge to that.

What happens if the election isn't called by December 8th and then what takes place on December 14th?

Last edited:
What happens if the election isn't called by December 8th and then what takes place on December 14th?

Well there's a lot of things that can happen then but it's extremely unlikely there'd be an issue. All the states (or at least enough states) should be certified by then. There would need to be legitimate claims to dispute results. Trump can't just object to whatever he wants to hold things up, only to request recounts where he's able to.

Looks like AZ and NC bets have finally been settled on Bovada. Probably as a result of Trump's team dropping their case in AZ and NC finally getting called. Not sure what took NC so long though lol. Thought it was clear Trump won that days ago.

My PA, WI, GA, and general election bets are still outstanding. Once PA settles and one of MI/WI (dunno if they've done MI yet) the general election bets should pay out.

Well there's a lot of things that can happen then but it's extremely unlikely there'd be an issue. All the states (or at least enough states) should be certified by then. There would need to be legitimate claims to dispute results. Trump can't just object to whatever he wants to hold things up, only to request recounts where he's able to.

Technically, there’s only one outcome If the states don’t settle by the 8th of December. If the count isn’t official, each state will select an electoral representative who will then cast their vote for president on Dec 14th. 30 states have laws that say the elector MUST vote for the candidate that won the popular vote. 20 states do not have that law.

All state electors must cast their vote by:
Dec. 23rd
By this date, the states must send their electoral college votes to the president of the Senate, who is Vice-President Mike Pence.

This the date when Vice-President Pence, in his role as president of the Senate, will meet with the Senate and House of Representatives to count up the electoral votes to determine who becomes the next president.

At this point, the winner of the election officially becomes the “president elect.”

/election

Are you American? Do you know how our elections work?

1. Fortunately not.
2. Yes.
what's your point? I'm merely suggesting that Drumpf looks like he's getting desperate and his lack of legal success means hopefully this results in bet's getting settled soon.

1. Fortunately not.
2. Yes.
what's your point? I'm merely suggesting that Drumpf looks like he's getting desperate and his lack of legal success means hopefully this results in bet's getting settled soon.

do you have anything original to say backed by facts or are you just a parrot?

[QUOTE="Crimp_Keeper, post: 162598605, member: 310955]

/election[/QUOTE]
Where’s the part about SCOTUS thundering in and giving it to Trump?

do you have anything original to say backed by facts or are you just a parrot?

?

I'm just speculating that many ppl who are waiting for their bet's to be settled might not have to wait much longer. to me this tweet seems delusional and his lack of legal success will hopefully get bets settled sooner or later. I'm not taking an Ideological position on this if you are mistaken.

Don't really know why you are attempting to argue with me.

Have a good day.

?

I'm just speculating that many ppl who are waiting for their bet's to be settled might not have to wait much longer. to me this tweet seems delusional and his lack of legal success will hopefully get bets settled sooner or later. I'm not taking an Ideological position on this if you are mistaken.

Don't really know why you are attempting to argue with me.

Have a good day.

Because he’s an idiot, blindingly biased, and the only thing he’s done in a betting thread is attack people who don’t follow his views. The election isn’t getting overturned. No chance. They lost and are just incapable of taking an L.

Any word from bookies yet on when this stuff is settling? It's really annoying to have $1500 tied up just because Trump yelled "VOTER FRAUD" on twitter. Should be pretty clear at this point that these legal challenges aren't going anywhere. Recounts can't help him enough to push him over the edge

Any word from bookies yet on when this stuff is settling? It's really annoying to have $1500 tied up just because Trump yelled "VOTER FRAUD" on twitter. Should be pretty clear at this point that these legal challenges aren't going anywhere. Recounts can't help him enough to push him over the edge

Bro, take a step back and think logically for a minute.

Because he’s an idiot, blindingly biased, and the only thing he’s done in a betting thread is attack people who don’t follow his views. The election isn’t getting overturned. No chance. They lost and are just incapable of taking an L.

I'l bet you $100 that the election gets overturned if you give me +1000 odds. If you're so confident this is free money. You'll be the second confident Biden backer to not take this bet.

What's the deal guys? <209Bitch>

Who wants to bet me no one will take this bet LoL? Gee, I WONDER WHY.

Last edited:
Bro, take a step back and think logically for a minute.

I mean I did. The election's over. Everything happening right now is for show. Trump's lawyers keep quitting, except for Giuliani who's getting laughed out of courtrooms. This is like a bookie holding up money when a fighter loses a decision but thinks it was unfair.

I mean I did. The election's over. Everything happening right now is for show. Trump's lawyers keep quitting, except for Giuliani who's getting laughed out of courtrooms. This is like a bookie holding up money when a fighter loses a decision but thinks it was unfair.

Okay, so you're still watching fake news. 2 of trumps dozens of lawyers quit because people on their left threatened to kill these lawyers and their families. And they're not getting laughed out of any courtroom. What cases has the TRUMP administration lost so far about this election? Care to post the case with the plaintiffs? I'll wait.

Okay, so you're still watching fake news. 2 of trumps dozens of lawyers quit because people on their left threatened to kill these lawyers and their families. And they're not getting laughed out of any courtroom. What cases has the TRUMP administration lost so far about this election? Care to post the case with the plaintiffs? I'll wait.

yeah i'm definitely the one watching fake news here...

no one threatened to kill those lawyers and their families lol. they complained a little about getting harassed by other lawyers.

i mean i guess by technical terms they haven't "lost" cases so much as they've had all their legal challenges denied or thrown out for lack of merit. i hope you realize he's just trying to throw everything he can for the .01% chance something somewhere sticks. none of it's working and none of it's going to work. he's getting so desperate he's practically threatening Georgia's republican (and otherwise MAGA-aligned) officials for not agreeing with him.

it's now gotten to the point that Trump appointed bumbling Giuliani to head his legal team, and he's doing typical Giuliani things. his first appearance was an absolute mess and i can only imagine a slow, painful death to this attempt here.

bookies just need to call it. i guess i can see why they'd leave Georgia open during the recount since the numbers were relatively close, but a recount is highly unlikely to change it anyway. all other states + the general election (since GA wouldn't be necessary) should settle.

yeah i'm definitely the one watching fake news here...

no one threatened to kill those lawyers and their families lol. they complained a little about getting harassed by other lawyers.

i mean i guess by technical terms they haven't "lost" cases so much as they've had all their legal challenges denied or thrown out for lack of merit. i hope you realize he's just trying to throw everything he can for the .01% chance something somewhere sticks. none of it's working and none of it's going to work. he's getting so desperate he's practically threatening Georgia's republican (and otherwise MAGA-aligned) officials for not agreeing with him.

it's now gotten to the point that Trump appointed bumbling Giuliani to head his legal team, and he's doing typical Giuliani things. his first appearance was an absolute mess and i can only imagine a slow, painful death to this attempt here.

bookies just need to call it. i guess i can see why they'd leave Georgia open during the recount since the numbers were relatively close, but a recount is highly unlikely to change it anyway. all other states + the general election (since GA wouldn't be necessary) should settle.

so no evidence of said Trump court cases being thrown out like you claim? Got it.

it’s absolutely amassing to me the confidence some of you have that Biden will be the next president while not taking my bet. Absolutely astounding.

come on Biden backers. I’ll bet you $200 Biden is not the next president. You have to give me +1000 odds which is honestly on the low end. If this was still up on a bookie, it would be at least that.

Last edited:
Back