Post Your Gloves/Gear

Hii have you tried fly with synthetic leather? I am curious if the feeling different with the real leather one. Thank you
I have two pairs of their Fly X Line, IMO their Synthetic Leather is pretty close to the feel of Winning's (I have a FG2900 & CPS500). It's definitely a step up from any Synthetic Leather that I have seen with Rival Gloves I brought in the past. Like what RDL81 said, the padding is pretty much the same. You're literally paying for Premium Leather for that price for Fly's Premium Line, which is just up to you.

I just picked up their new Green & Gold X line gloves in the sale. I've got those Fairtex Synthetic Leather gloves - which are, as I would expect from Fairtex, a pretty good glove - but these are in a different league. Best Synthetic Leather I've ever seen; feel great, nice grain, seem durable (obviously that will be tested).
The only thing they're missing is that leather smell.
As for the gloves themselves: Fly make beautiful gloves. Excellent padding which balances bang with protection, great wrist support, and they feel so natural on my fists.

No I haven’t I have used the synthetic gloves personally I have seen a pair of a friends etc. The padding is same as the leather ones just the leather that’s different I have order a synthetic facesaver and groin guard that are due to come this week should be same as the winning which are also synthetic

thank you for your input. Really curious with the real leather, but now i see many option too for the x line. If the different just the smell of the leather lol, better to get 2 pairs of the x line.

thank you for your input. Really curious with the real leather, but now i see many option too for the x line. If the different just the smell of the leather lol, better to get 2 pairs of the x line.
The groin guard and facesaver come I posted some picks in the Black Friday thread so you can see the synthetic leather there is very similar to the winning one.

also here

the leather fly gloves are obviously double the price like you say.

The groin guard and facesaver come I posted some picks in the Black Friday thread so you can see the synthetic leather there is very similar to the winning one.

also here

the leather fly gloves are obviously double the price like you say.

Ummm, the White x Silver looks much better in person. Now I'm regretting that I didn't snatch one.
Fly's UK Website pictures made it look very campy. Not to mention, the new Blue x Gold on their site seems to use a totally different shade of Darker Blue in real life.

Ummm, the White x Silver looks much better in person. Now I'm regretting that I didn't snatch one.
Fly's UK Website pictures made it look very campy. Not to mention, the new Blue x Gold on their site seems to use a totally different shade of Darker Blue in real life.
Yeah from what I have seen on people’s social media the green/gold and blue/gold don’t look as good they did on flys pictures. I am well pleased with the white and gold went for that as most neutral

Well the 16oz Velcro will likely weigh 18/19oz based on ones I have had before. I find the 14 great for everything other than sparring and the really solid heavy bags at a gym I used to train at which is why I got the 14oz winning
So I ordered the Reyes purple velcro in 16oz. I don't know if they sent me a woman's size or what, but these things are only slightly bigger than my Reyes 12oz laceups (cuff length being the only noticeable difference). They do weigh 18 (R) and almost 19 ounces (L). I'm a huge fan of snug gloves, so to me these things are awesome - I can wear them for everything: mitts, bag, and even sparring (if they soften up some). I just hope they don't stretch out too much like my last pair of 16oz velcro - which is not too likely because they're more snug than those ever were.

Yeah from what I have seen on people’s social media the green/gold and blue/gold don’t look as good they did on flys pictures. I am well pleased with the white and gold went for that as most neutral

Ohh great things to talk about the color, i think it’s only me who confuse to pick the new color. I watched at fit2box the green looks good, but different with the pics. So i am not sure now, while their red is a safe choice in my opinion

Ohh great things to talk about the color, i think it’s only me who confuse to pick the new color. I watched at fit2box the green looks good, but different with the pics. So i am not sure now, while their red is a safe choice in my opinion

I got the Green & Gold and they look great. Rich colours.

The gear thread!!
Like it.

I normally use Twin specials but just got some Topboxer Aliens through the post and must say there well put together!!!

I did order some yellow R2C C17 gloves during the black Friday sales while I was over in the USA but....fedex lost them at the depot and then I had to fly back home to good old UK!!! Sooo i never managed to get them, which was nice.

All is not lost though as I have some campeon gloves on route which should hopefully arrive tomorrow. I still have intentions of getting some R2C C17 but i'll have to wait until I get back to the US...For me personally £120 is my limit for gloves, I don't like the idea of forking out more when im not good enough for winnings

I looooove my Campeons...
Some recent purchases that i just remembered to post:
i4iTQSi.jpg

0fdXHNQ.jpg

3cMedxB.jpg

how do you like them all?
I don't think there's a bad pair of gloves in that bunch.

I'm still sorting out where they all rank, but the Reyes might be my new all time favorite. Like if my house is burning down and I need to save one pair of gloves, that's it - because I can use them for everything, the padding is just the way I like it, they fit snug (surprising for Reyes), they're supportive (surprising for velcro), the construction is bulletproof, and they're pretty. I'm literally using them every single workout right now - some of the only 16s I can use on micromitts. Prior to these, I was wearing Reyes 12oz laceups on micromitts & these aren't a whole lot bigger, just heavier.

The Top Boxer Flores style are beautiful. They fit so great and they might be the most comfortable pair of gloves I own. I think they'd do great as sparring gloves, they're very soft and cushy. I have no idea about the durability of the padding, but they don't feel particularly brittle on the bag. To put that in perspective, I refuse to wear my Winnings on the bag. They seem a bit too big for mitts though.

The Campeon's are right there with my Necalli/Casanova welted seams (Combate edition). I just love using them (both the Campeon and Necalli). Traditional Mexican latex, so perfect for bags, might be a bit of a stretch for sparring. They're probably okay on larger mitts. I prefer the leather on the Campeon, but the craftsmanship on the Necallis. Wrist might be slightly better on the Necallis. Everything else is almost identical, except the Necallis are laceups & the Campeons are hybrid - preference there really just depends on my mood that day.

I like the Torres Medinas a lot. In person they're beautiful. They're super comfortable as well, the liner is on par with the Top Boxers. The leather's smooth, it reminds me a little bit of my old Classics. I think they'd be fine for bag & sparring, but not mitts (too big). I need to break them in more and they require the most breaking in among any of the other gloves. The latex in the glove & the somewhat stiff leather create something of a shell, almost like a Thai glove. Provides amazing wrist support, but harder to make a good fist until it's broken in. Might be a little stiff for sparring out the box too.

Last edited:
Not sure if this is the right thread to post this in but if anyone was wondering how gloves compare....ringside fly and black winning are 16oz and then red winning and cleto Reyes are 14oz

View attachment 817497 View attachment 817498 View attachment 817499 View attachment 817500
I know it’s an old post but I had to comment on your gloves. Love the Reyes and the Fly. I own Reyes but haven’t the gumption to pay $250-$400 US for Fly. We have a graduate student from GB training at my gym who has a pair. They’re the lace-ups and I don’t see him enough to go up and ask to look at his gloves. They really look like great gloves. I’d like to know your impressions.

View attachment 820876 View attachment 820875 I need to stop coming to this part of the forum as every time do I see gloves I want to get that which I really don’t need!! Anyway I picked up these C17 the other day and some 16oz Reyes
Likewise my friend. I came on the site because Joe Rogan said something controversial and he said Sherdog exploded. Started looking around and found this forum. Began reading some posts, maybe to see why I enjoy my gloves so much. Wife had long since reconciled with the fact that I don’t drink or smoke or play golf—I box. Always been obsessed with training but lacked the talent to do anything other than amateur bouts. I think I may have an answer for you as to why we are addicted to gear. I’m 57 years old and have spent 44 of those years punching things. When you punch things, people, mitts, bags, etc..you begin to make observations and form opinions about all things punching. Gloves are naturally a very important part of you ongoing self-dialogue and conversations with others. I have trained in bad gloves and in good gloves. If you are going to spent the kind of time a committed man or woman will spend in a pair of gloves training, you want the experience to be positive. Bad gloves lead to bad outcomes. Good gloves protect your hands and although you can and will still injure yourself, the chances are less likely. Worst hand injury I ever had was in the “best” glove on the market hitting the heavy bag. I cannot describe the feeling you get when you are in shape, training hard and get that satisfying pop on the bag or thud on a sparring partner while wearing a good pair of gloves. Considering the time and effort I put into training, I want the best gloves I can get. Maybe we’re not so crazy after all.

Likewise my friend. I came on the site because Joe Rogan said something controversial and he said Sherdog exploded. Started looking around and found this forum. Began reading some posts, maybe to see why I enjoy my gloves so much. Wife had long since reconciled with the fact that I don’t drink or smoke or play golf—I box. Always been obsessed with training but lacked the talent to do anything other than amateur bouts. I think I may have an answer for you as to why we are addicted to gear. I’m 57 years old and have spent 44 of those years punching things. When you punch things, people, mitts, bags, etc..you begin to make observations and form opinions about all things punching. Gloves are naturally a very important part of you ongoing self-dialogue and conversations with others. I have trained in bad gloves and in good gloves. If you are going to spent the kind of time a committed man or woman will spend in a pair of gloves training, you want the experience to be positive. Bad gloves lead to bad outcomes. Good gloves protect your hands and although you can and will still injure yourself, the chances are less likely. Worst hand injury I ever had was in the “best” glove on the market hitting the heavy bag. I cannot describe the feeling you get when you are in shape, training hard and get that satisfying pop on the bag or thud on a sparring partner while wearing a good pair of gloves. Considering the time and effort I put into training, I want the best gloves I can get. Maybe we’re not so crazy after all.
This is a great post

Back