Post Your Gloves/Gear

For real. My New Sporting 16oz hybrids weighed 20oz each. These are very close to 16. 2nd workout in the books with these and they make me feel dangerous.

I definitely owe Rival another shot. Only pair I have from them are RB20 Elite Bag gloves with the Ergo Strap that I got on fire sale clearance a while back. Even my friends who like Rival say my pair are some of the worst gloves they've ever tried. lol
It's literally New Sporting brother, they make them. The earlier models had the logo on the inside of the glove, I'll see if I can find a pic for you.

IuUsQQj_d.webp

I'm sorry you had a bad experience with New Sporting back in the day, I'm guessing 2019-2021? They've since improved along with other Mexican brands. Many of them are close to weight (Boxeo TM, New Sporting, Angeles, Classics). Lately I've been encouraging people to communicate with the workshops directly using whatsapp and Google translate. Their numbers can be found on their socials, I'd be happy to provide the ones I have. Mexican made gloves are still under the $200 price point for the very best in the world.

Lol dang, that's going to hurt my credibility (the Rival stuff). Well I never used that particular model, but I do love the ergo strap on my Rival Guerrero Intellishock. It just kind of makes my OCD run wild because in order for me to get my wrist locked in like a pair of lace ups, I have to sinch the strap in a manner that doesn't cover all of the bottom velcro, so it looks uneven. That said, performance isn't affected at all. The only models I can personally vouch for are anything Guerrero, the RS1 (stay away from the Rs100), RB50, and RB5. In my experience, the Rs1 particularly has amazing hand ergonomics. A little bulky, but the hand positioning is so perfect I feel knuckle connection even in 18's

Last edited:
It's literally New Sporting brother, they make them. The earlier models had the logo on the inside of the glove, I'll see if I can find a pic for you.
I just asked Edgar about this and he told me he's used different manufacturers at different times. He also said he provides the designs and the materials for the craftsmen to use - so even if it's a New Sporting craftsman, it's not a rebadged New Sporting glove.

The inside of my cuff looks fairly different to your picture. Lot more excess leather past the stitching on your picture - just like my old New Sportings. The thumbs on mine are different than your picture - thicker, more like old Grant.

I would be absolutely shocked if my Bayonetas were the same factory (materials, design, etc) as my old New Sportings. The leather is completely different, the fit is nothing alike, and the thumb placement is different. My hands would be cramping at the end of every session with New Sportings because I had to squeeze real hard to just to make a fist. Lot easier to make a fist, these Bayonetas feel almost exactly like my old Grant Ultimate Bag gloves.

New Sporting leather after less than 10 workouts - labels gone, paint flaking off striking surface, paint peeling off of the thumbs:
Ml4Rf7f.jpg

This pic shows a bunch of stuff - the 19.8oz weight, the leather already peeling off of the thumbs, vent holes in the thumbs (that don't exist on the Bayonetas), thumb's a different shape but kind of hard to make out, thumb seam way cleaner on the Bayonetas, the pocket of the glove rests open where as the Bayonetas are more closed.
G5hZXiH.jpg

Side note, I hadn't used these in a year, so I am not sure why I thought they were hybrids. Makes their weight even that more ridiculous. But it probably explains the completely different stitching patterns.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience with New Sporting back in the day, I'm guessing 2019-2021?
No, Spring 2022.

Lol dang, that's going to hurt my credibility (the Rival stuff). Well I never used that particular model, but I do love the ergo strap on my Rival Guerrero Intellishock. It just kind of makes my OCD run wild because in order for me to get my wrist locked in like a pair of lace ups, I have to sinch the strap in a manner that doesn't cover all of the bottom velcro, so it looks uneven. That said, performance isn't affected at all. The only models I can personally vouch for are anything Guerrero, the RS1 (stay away from the Rs100), RB50, and RB5. In my experience, the Rs1 particularly has amazing hand ergonomics. A little bulky, but the hand positioning is so perfect I feel knuckle connection even in 18's
That model was discontinued for a reason imho. Appreciate the Rival model info, i'll definitely use it as a guide for when I get my next Rivals.

I just ordered some new BoxeoTMs (lace only this time) and just picked up some RS1s after your advice.

Last edited:
Got some new BoxeoTMs. Juan is really cooking. I don't think these are actually PULAT, but the padding feels great and should be good for sparring when they are broken in. Tiny bit wider than I'd prefer, but not an issue - the other plusses more than make up for it and man are they beautiful.

y1mOONd.jpg

sokq8lv.jpg

Qf6hCcT.png

Except for the belt all the gear is from Walmart Venom wraps, Venom gloves heavybag and driworks shorts

IMG_20231117_193945873.jpg

I just asked Edgar about this and he told me he's used different manufacturers at different times. He also said he provides the designs and the materials for the craftsmen to use - so even if it's a New Sporting craftsman, it's not a rebadged New Sporting glove.

The inside of my cuff looks fairly different to your picture. Lot more excess leather past the stitching on your picture - just like my old New Sportings. The thumbs on mine are different than your picture - thicker, more like old Grant.

I would be absolutely shocked if my Bayonetas were the same factory (materials, design, etc) as my old New Sportings. The leather is completely different, the fit is nothing alike, and the thumb placement is different. My hands would be cramping at the end of every session with New Sportings because I had to squeeze real hard to just to make a fist. Lot easier to make a fist, these Bayonetas feel almost exactly like my old Grant Ultimate Bag gloves.

New Sporting leather after less than 10 workouts - labels gone, paint flaking off striking surface, paint peeling off of the thumbs:
Ml4Rf7f.jpg

This pic shows a bunch of stuff - the 19.8oz weight, the leather already peeling off of the thumbs, vent holes in the thumbs (that don't exist on the Bayonetas), thumb's a different shape but kind of hard to make out, thumb seam way cleaner on the Bayonetas, the pocket of the glove rests open where as the Bayonetas are more closed.
G5hZXiH.jpg

Side note, I hadn't used these in a year, so I am not sure why I thought they were hybrids. Makes their weight even that more ridiculous. But it probably explains the completely different stitching patterns.

No, Spring 2022.

That model was discontinued for a reason imho. Appreciate the Rival model info, i'll definitely use it as a guide for when I get my next Rivals.

I just ordered some new BoxeoTMs (lace only this time) and just picked up some RS1s after your advice.
Ok man, just wanted to share some knowledge. I hope you give New Sporting another shot and that you realize I'm not just a gear parrot, I've been saying this since before the gear reviewers updated their reviews. I love my latest batch of New Sporting, at times more than my Boxeo TM.

That's awesome about the Boxeo TM and RS1 man! What'd you think of the Rivals? Did you go with the 2.0 or anniversary edition?

Got some new BoxeoTMs. Juan is really cooking. I don't think these are actually PULAT, but the padding feels great and should be good for sparring when they are broken in. Tiny bit wider than I'd prefer, but not an issue - the other plusses more than make up for it and man are they beautiful.

y1mOONd.jpg

sokq8lv.jpg

Qf6hCcT.png
Those are sexy man, I was looking at that colorway too! I think it's meant to replicate the colors Boots Ennis used in his last fight. Those definitely aren't PuLat, that's the reason I didn't pick them up. I already had a PU pair. What have you been using these for?

Ok man, just wanted to share some knowledge. I hope you give New Sporting another shot and that you realize I'm not just a gear parrot, I've been saying this since before the gear reviewers updated their reviews. I love my latest batch of New Sporting, at times more than my Boxeo TM.
Yeah, sorry I think I realize where you were coming from now, my bad if it was an overreaction. New Sporting definitely worth another look. A coach who visits frequently from another gym (and was my close friend's trainer before they had a falling out) has been giving me shit about my Bayonetas so I'm a bit sensitive about them. Love these gloves, they're my babies. 😅

That's awesome about the Boxeo TM and RS1 man! What'd you think of the Rivals? Did you go with the 2.0 or anniversary edition?
I got the 2.0s. Ergonomically they are probably the best gloves I've ever put on. Out of the box the padding feels more like focus mitt padding than glove padding, so I've been a little worried. I hear when they soften up they're actually perfect. I may have to use them on softer bags until they soften up though, because on hard bags they're pretty jarring. Going to be a while before they're sparring ready I think. (In person, they're not as crooked as they look in this picture)

mrhA7VN.jpg

Those are sexy man, I was looking at that colorway too! I think it's meant to replicate the colors Boots Ennis used in his last fight. Those definitely aren't PuLat, that's the reason I didn't pick them up. I already had a PU pair. What have you been using these for?
I've been trying to really break in each pair of gloves in this most recent haul (2 Bayoneta, 1 Boxeo TM, 1 Tigrao, 1 C17, 1 Eizo) so I can see how they each feel once they're properly molded. I don't want to have half-formed opinions. As a result, I've just been focusing on the gold Bayonetas since November. I'll probably stick with them exclusively at least until January, unless I use the softer/newer red Bayonetas for sparring. It's going to probably take me a year before all the pairs are properly broken in. I'll try to crank out some reviews as I get through them. Not sure which glove I want to get to next.

Yeah, sorry I think I realize where you were coming from now, my bad if it was an overreaction. New Sporting definitely worth another look. A coach who visits frequently from another gym (and was my close friend's trainer before they had a falling out) has been giving me shit about my Bayonetas so I'm a bit sensitive about them. Love these gloves, they're my babies. 😅

I got the 2.0s. Ergonomically they are probably the best gloves I've ever put on. Out of the box the padding feels more like focus mitt padding than glove padding, so I've been a little worried. I hear when they soften up they're actually perfect. I may have to use them on softer bags until they soften up though, because on hard bags they're pretty jarring. Going to be a while before they're sparring ready I think. (In person, they're not as crooked as they look in this picture)

mrhA7VN.jpg

I've been trying to really break in each pair of gloves in this most recent haul (2 Bayoneta, 1 Boxeo TM, 1 Tigrao, 1 C17, 1 Eizo) so I can see how they each feel once they're properly molded. I don't want to have half-formed opinions. As a result, I've just been focusing on the gold Bayonetas since November. I'll probably stick with them exclusively at least until January, unless I use the softer/newer red Bayonetas for sparring. It's going to probably take me a year before all the pairs are properly broken in. I'll try to crank out some reviews as I get through them. Not sure which glove I want to get to next.
No worries bro I get it. I'm kind of with your coach, did he think you over spent of gloves? Either way you're happy with your purchase, and that's all that matters. No one likes feeling attacked.

As for the RS1's, nice! I have the 2.0 as well, so I feel comfortable confirming that yes, the padding gets a lot better. It does start pretty hard, but it gets perfect. Not pillowy like a Winning or one of it's many clones, but you'll see. I think the padding will be one of your favorites. It's honestly good for all kinds of training, it's just marketed as a sparring glove because of the lack of feedback, but the ergonomics and protection make it ideal for everything.

Btw, the wrists are meant to be like that! That's part of the ergonomics, a perfect fist is slightly bent down like that. I love that the glove takes all of the guess work out of it, you just clench and shoot. Love Rival for that.

Maybe not the highest quality materials when compared to other brands (especially Mexican), but nothing that Russ Abner cooks up in the back is a gimmick. His gear is very well thought out. I never thought I'd give Rival a shot because of the loud aesthetics, but I'm glad I did.

Nice haul brother! Will definitely like to hear your take on some of these. I'm especially curious about the Eizo. They seem like a good glove to beat up in circuit training because of the quality synthetic. Did you get different versions of Bayoneta? Or just two different colors? The new premium model looks sexy, too bad it's better as a sparring glove, I'm probably set on sparring gloves for the rest of my life, lol.

If you haven't tried them out, you should definitely check out Hit N Move, I have both the Balance and the Agility, I absolutely love them. I would've said MK1 when they were $175, but when they hit $217, they'll be exactly $13 cheaper than HNM, and HNM is pretty much an upgraded MK. They're very similar.

No worries bro I get it. I'm kind of with your coach, did he think you over spent of gloves? Either way you're happy with your purchase, and that's all that matters. No one likes feeling attacked.
Yeah, he didn’t like any of the prices on Edgar’s site for anything. But he also thinks you can still get Winnings in the States for under $300 (he and his guys constantly fall for fakes). Thinks you can still get new Reyes for $150. Thinks you can get other Mexican brands in Mexico for under $100.

My first pair of Bayonetas was under 300, which I thought was fine. Over 300 for the second pair was a bit much, I agree.

Nice haul brother! Will definitely like to hear your take on some of these. I'm especially curious about the Eizo. They seem like a good glove to beat up in circuit training because of the quality synthetic.
Eizo is this weird spot between feeling like Winning, Fly, and cheap RDX all at the same time. I don’t quite get it. But they are super comfy out the box and make pretty good contact on the bag. The synthetic leather has that soft feel kinda like Fly where you don’t need to squeeze hard to make a fist. Padding has a little bit of a Winning shape, but not quite as door knocker knuckle focused. I don’t know how long they’ll last or how they’ll break in. Could be an all around glove, a HIIT/bag class glove, or maybe just a sparring glove. Won’t know till they get more use.

Did you get different versions of Bayoneta? Or just two different colors? The new premium model looks sexy, too bad it's better as a sparring glove, I'm probably set on sparring gloves for the rest of my life, lol.
Second pair is the newer model. Color is the red lacquer with white trim. I needed a sparring glove after getting rid of my Winnings and getting some pressure to get laceups. My first pair (the gold ones) feel like indestructible tanks: stiff padding, thick, water resistant leather, with a pretty small profile. Second pair has kind of that Winning aesthetic of soft, flexible, glossy, high-end leather. The 2 pairs complement each other well, even if a bit pricey. It’s the fit that makes it worthwhile for me though, it’s exactly what I prefer.

If you haven't tried them out, you should definitely check out Hit N Move, I have both the Balance and the Agility, I absolutely love them. I would've said MK1 when they were $175, but when they hit $217, they'll be exactly $13 cheaper than HNM, and HNM is pretty much an upgraded MK. They're very similar.
Think I’m done for a while. Tonight I had to resist the urge to buy those white New Sportings currently on the site with the metallic Fiesta colors (blue, orange, pink). My wife was going to pay as a Christmas gift and everything (sigh).

Tonight I also put lace and loops on a few of the pairs and it was crazy how my impressions changed for the better. I’m really looking forward to breaking in the Boxeo TMs. They’re wider than I’d normally prefer, but everything else about them was surprisingly great. Felt amazing on the bag.

My son’s taking the C17s. Have some custom TopBoxer Win1s on the way for him too, but if he doesn’t like those I may have to give him one of the other pairs.

Changed my mind on the New Sportings. Wife wasn't able to get the gift she originally wanted to get me for Christmas, so I guess it works out. I know i have a problem. 😅 But, for a San Antonio Spurs fan, these were impossible to pass up.
1702488196915.png
1702488230587.png

As for the RS1's, nice! I have the 2.0 as well, so I feel comfortable confirming that yes, the padding gets a lot better. It does start pretty hard, but it gets perfect. Not pillowy like a Winning or one of it's many clones, but you'll see. I think the padding will be one of your favorites. It's honestly good for all kinds of training, it's just marketed as a sparring glove because of the lack of feedback, but the ergonomics and protection make it ideal for everything.

Btw, the wrists are meant to be like that! That's part of the ergonomics, a perfect fist is slightly bent down like that. I love that the glove takes all of the guess work out of it, you just clench and shoot. Love Rival for that.

Maybe not the highest quality materials when compared to other brands (especially Mexican), but nothing that Russ Abner cooks up in the back is a gimmick. His gear is very well thought out. I never thought I'd give Rival a shot because of the loud aesthetics, but I'm glad I did.

Nice haul brother! Will definitely like to hear your take on some of these. I'm especially curious about the Eizo. They seem like a good glove to beat up in circuit training because of the quality synthetic. Did you get different versions of Bayoneta? Or just two different colors? The new premium model looks sexy, too bad it's better as a sparring glove, I'm probably set on sparring gloves for the rest of my life, lol.

Picked up Hit N Move Balance in 16oz hook and loop for sparring and training. Once broken in I've got to say I absolutely love the feel I get when hitting the bag - great pop and the hand placement is spot on.

Couple issues - liner is freying faster than I would like for a glove at that price point, also had a weird situ where I was just tossing them in the bag after training and black mould type shit ended up growing on the inside of the wrist strap. They're white so this was more obvious than normal and probably down to me being lazy about taking care of them but its just not something I've ever seen before to that degree.

Now in the market for 14oz lace ups that will be used primarily for bag and mitt work as my old 14oz (thai gloves that I got at a UFC gym in Chicago of all places when I happened to be passing through) have finally given up the ghost. Doing my best to find Winnings at a non-insane price/waiting time but also taking a look at Reyes and Fly's premium range - I'm happy to splash out a bit on these just want them to really do the trick in that case.

I'm working with Everlast Elite 2's for 14oz right now and even breaking them in I can see they're just always gonna be too pillowey for me - theres just no pop on the bag or the punchers glove feel I like.

Any thoughts on where I might be best putting my efforts for these 14oz lace ups much appreciated!

Final verdict on the Eizos is that they are really just glorified RDX gloves. Definitely not worth the money. Trying to return them as I type this. Finally got around to looking up MK1 and HNM. Neither are my cup of tea appearance-wise, design-wise they seem kinda gimmicky (especially the HNM), and neither looks particularly well made. The number of defects on their advertisement models is actually surprising (they probably shouldn't have made those images zoom-able). I'm definitely a Mexican-made glove fanboy and those are not it.

Yeah, he didn’t like any of the prices on Edgar’s site for anything. But he also thinks you can still get Winnings in the States for under $300 (he and his guys constantly fall for fakes). Thinks you can still get new Reyes for $150. Thinks you can get other Mexican brands in Mexico for under $100.

My first pair of Bayonetas was under 300, which I thought was fine. Over 300 for the second pair was a bit much, I agree.

Think I’m done for a while. Tonight I had to resist the urge to buy those white New Sportings currently on the site with the metallic Fiesta colors (blue, orange, pink). My wife was going to pay as a Christmas gift and everything (sigh).
Changed my mind on the New Sportings. Wife wasn't able to get the gift she originally wanted to get me for Christmas, so I guess it works out. I know i hav

mrhA7VN.jpg

e a problem. 😅 But, for a San Antonio Spurs fan, these were impossible to pass up.
View attachment 1016579
View attachment 1016580

He may be wrong about Winning and Cleto (and only somewhat Cleto, you can definitely find them much cheaper if you know where to look) but he's definitely not wrong about brands in Mexico. Campeón, Casanova, Ángeles, Lopez, GIL, Boxeo, pretty much all of the classic brands outside of Grant style gloves (the punchers style gloves) like New Sporting and Boxeo TM are definitely under $100 in Mexico. What brings the price up are shipping costs, and if buying through a third party (BUN, TBC) their cut.

They (their parties) don't really bring much value imo. The only scratched pair of New Sporting I received were from TBC and not New Sporting actual. They were even opened by customs, and the scratched weren't on the back side of the glove, but on the striking surface. Fighters Boutique also always took care of me when they used to sell Mexican gloves. Fair prices, free shipping, and they were open about blemishes. Unfortunately they stopped carrying them because people thought the deals were too good to be true and he say on his stock for too long.

Under $300 sure, but was he still charging the "VAT Fee" and the extra $10 "shipping fee"? Lol, no way he ships for $10. Shipping is already factored into the price like at New Sporting, the $10 is just an extra taste. If your gloves were $289+ VAT, that's still the current $335 rate, he just stopped calling it VAT and added it to the price of the glove. Edgar isn't slick.

I'm glad you decided to pick up some New Sportings from their latest batch though, you can decide for yourself! I hope you love their functionality and comfort as much as you like the colors.
Eizo is this weird spot between feeling like Winning, Fly, and cheap RDX all at the same time. I don’t quite get it. But they are super comfy out the box and make pretty good contact on the bag. The synthetic leather has that soft feel kinda like Fly where you don’t need to squeeze hard to make a fist. Padding has a little bit of a Winning shape, but not quite as door knocker knuckle focused. I don’t know how long they’ll last or how they’ll break in. Could be an all around glove, a HIIT/bag class glove, or maybe just a sparring glove. Won’t know till they get more use.
Final verdict on the Eizos is that they are really just glorified RDX gloves. Definitely not worth the money. Trying to return them as I type this.
Yikes, thanks for this. Good to know, definitely staying away from these. Rival has a nice synthetic material. I have some Guerrero's on the way, maybe they'll replace the RS1 in my sparring set and I'll beat up the RS1, the synthetic on this is excellent. Hope you get to return them brother! Keep us updated.
Second pair is the newer model. Color is the red lacquer with white trim. I needed a sparring glove after getting rid of my Winnings and getting some pressure to get laceups. My first pair (the gold ones) feel like indestructible tanks: stiff padding, thick, water resistant leather, with a pretty small profile. Second pair has kind of that Winning aesthetic of soft, flexible, glossy, high-end leather. The 2 pairs complement each other well, even if a bit pricey. It’s the fit that makes it worthwhile for me though, it’s exactly what I prefer.
Damn bro you have good taste! I was looking at those too! Beautiful gloves! If they fit your hands the best, that awesome, I just want other posters to know that New Sporting can make you gloves to those very specifications, also like Salvador, and single layer latex gloves "punchers style", on request. Of course this is all while they ride this wave of good customer service, they could easily go back to where they were in 2019 if they aren't careful. I hope not, I'm rooting for New Sporting. Did you like these more than your Winnings for sparring? Why did you get rid of your Winnings? I always ask people if they actually like them or if they just bought them because pros use them. I'm pretty much a Mexican glove supremest myself, lol.

Finally got around to looking up MK1 and HNM. Neither are my cup of tea appearance-wise, design-wise they seem kinda gimmicky (especially the HNM), and neither looks particularly well made. The number of defects on their advertisement models is actually surprising (they probably shouldn't have made those images zoom-able). I'm definitely a Mexican-made glove fanboy and those are not it.
Don't get it twisted brother, I only brought up Hit N Move because you said this:

It's
going to probably take me a year before all the pairs are properly broken in. I'll try to crank out some reviews as I get through them. Not sure which glove I want to get to next.
(Sorry not sure why the quotes broke, it did it twice so I'm not fixing it again, lol).

So I made a recommendation, that's all. They're great gloves, but like I said, I'm a Mexican glove supremest myself, lol. You just seem to have all of the good stuff already. Grants not really worth it, for me the Tippy Top are New Sporting and Boxeo TM, for you it's probably Bayoneta. In the Mexican gloves world, there's nothing better than those.

Picked up Hit N Move Balance in 16oz hook and loop for sparring and training. Once broken in I've got to say I absolutely love the feel I get when hitting the bag - great pop and the hand placement is spot on.

Couple issues - liner is freying faster than I would like for a glove at that price point, also had a weird situ where I was just tossing them in the bag after training and black mould type shit ended up growing on the inside of the wrist strap. They're white so this was more obvious than normal and probably down to me being lazy about taking care of them but its just not something I've ever seen before to that degree.

Now in the market for 14oz lace ups that will be used primarily for bag and mitt work as my old 14oz (thai gloves that I got at a UFC gym in Chicago of all places when I happened to be passing through) have finally given up the ghost. Doing my best to find Winnings at a non-insane price/waiting time but also taking a look at Reyes and Fly's premium range - I'm happy to splash out a bit on these just want them to really do the trick in that case.

I'm working with Everlast Elite 2's for 14oz right now and even breaking them in I can see they're just always gonna be too pillowey for me - theres just no pop on the bag or the punchers glove feel I like.

Any thoughts on where I might be best putting my efforts for these 14oz lace ups much appreciated!
Hey brother! Thanks for the heads up with the HNM, I'll definitely keep an eye out for that mold and I'll take extra care of them, good looking out!

As for your 14oz pair of gloves, you're working with Everlast and looking into Winning, but you want feedback? You're not going to get it out of any super protective gloves brother. If you liked your HNM, that's probably the most protective glove with the best feedback.

I don't recommend Fly for feedback either, they're shaped like a punchers style glove, but the foam is very soft. I've never tried them myself, but I've heard it's Winning like from those who have (I own Fly, haven't tried Winning, just clarifying).

Cleto Reyes is more like it if you're looking for feedback, but at this point I think people are paying for the name rather than the value. Imo there are better options in the Mexican market, even gloves with a good blend of feedback and protection. Something like a Boxeo TM or a New Sporting is probably more what you're looking for. Classics Mexicombate may be a good option if you have small hands.

Last edited:
Hey brother! Thanks for the heads up with the HNM, I'll definitely keep an eye out for that mold and I'll take extra care of them, good looking out!

As for your 14oz pair of gloves, you're working with Everlast and looking into Winning, but you want feedback? You're not going to get it out of any super protective gloves brother. If you liked your HNM, that's probably the most protective glove with the best feedback.

I don't recommend Fly for feedback either, they're shaped like a punchers style glove, but the foam is very soft. I've never tried them myself, but I've heard it's Winning like from those who have (I own Fly, haven't tried Winning, just clarifying).

Cleto Reyes is more like it if you're looking for feedback, but at this point I think people are paying for the name rather than the value. Imo there are better options in the Mexican market, even gloves with a good blend of feedback and protection. Something like a Boxeo TM or a New Sporting is probably more what you're looking for. Classics Mexicombate may be a good option if you have small hands.
Thanks for the reflections bro!

Absolutely take the point on not getting that level of feedback from the more protective gloves - I'd say my issue with the Everlast Elite 2's isnt so much that they are pillowey but more than they're very rigid even though I've been breaking them in with hard rounds on the bag for several weeks. Lack of feedback is another drawback for me with them though.

As it happened I ended up getting a notification from Kozuji to pick up a pair of Winnings 14oz lace-up at a fair price (certainly compared to what the going rate is here in the UK). These are now making their way from Japan and should arrive early next week so I'll give more thoughts once they do.

Decided this pair of gloves would be a splash out for me and obviously if you're a boxer whose into gear you always wonder about Winnings, so now I get to find out for myself. Need to pick up a pair of lace n loops also - excited though to see if they measure up to standard and hopeful I've got a great pair of gloves that will be with me for years to come.

He may be wrong about Winning and Cleto (and only somewhat Cleto, you can definitely find them much cheaper if you know where to look) but he's definitely not wrong about brands in Mexico. Campeón, Casanova, Ángeles, Lopez, GIL, Boxeo, pretty much all of the classic brands outside of Grant style gloves (the punchers style gloves) like New Sporting and Boxeo TM are definitely under $100 in Mexico. What brings the price up are shipping costs, and if buying through a third party (BUN, TBC) their cut.
Well you're right that I was thinking the more expensive third party sites. Even like mercado libre's $175 and grupo hamd's $135 for the Casanovas I like (anything under $100 for those gloves on those sites is no longer an active link). I don't mind Edgar so much, the first pair of custom New Sportings was the only time I got burned on a pair of gloves through him and it was in the midst of social media drama that New Sporting were going through at the time, so I was reluctant to deal with them directly. Plus, he sends lace & loops, which basically saves me at least $25. I dunno, he knows what I like by now, and I'm fine with spending a little extra. Been burned in the past with fake Reyes, fake Boons, fake Top Tens, and I'm just glad not to have to worry about that with him.

Yikes, thanks for this. Good to know, definitely staying away from these. Rival has a nice synthetic material. I have some Guerrero's on the way, maybe they'll replace the RS1 in my sparring set and I'll beat up the RS1, the synthetic on this is excellent. Hope you get to return them brother! Keep us updated.
My friend's been looking for gloves and has only been using Everlasts so I'm going to see if he likes them. If not, I may keep them after all but i can't see myself using them much. These Seizos are the Winning inspired classic ones and are actually advertised as leather.

Damn bro you have good taste! I was looking at those too! Beautiful gloves! If they fit your hands the best, that awesome, I just want other posters to know that New Sporting can make you gloves to those very specifications, also like Salvador, and single layer latex gloves "punchers style", on request. Of course this is all while they ride this wave of good customer service, they could easily go back to where they were in 2019 if they aren't careful. I hope not, I'm rooting for New Sporting. Did you like these more than your Winnings for sparring? Why did you get rid of your Winnings? I always ask people if they actually like them or if they just bought them because pros use them. I'm pretty much a Mexican glove supremest myself, lol.
I never really liked my Winnings. I try to play safe and say maybe mine were defects, because the innermost layer of memory foam ends mid-way between door knocker knuckles and big knuckles - so they actually hurt to punch with. That part aside, I have never liked the punching surface, I could never land correctly. I never liked the leather, I feel like people assume it's top quality because it's glossy & pliable. It's really thin and I've seen enough ripped pairs of authentic Winnings to know that it's not particularly durable. The only thing I ever liked about them was the ease of opening the hand because i like to parry.

I like the red lacquer new-version Premium PUL HH Bayonetas more than my Winnings, from a quality standpoint as well as fit. The leather feels higher quality to me - it accomplishes what I think Winning attempts to emulate, ie a high end, glossy, supple leather. The only break in they might need is more to do with shaping the leather to my first more than anything padding wise. In fact, outside of sparring I don't really want to use them too much on the hard bags at the gym, probably just mitts, double end, and maybe some of the softer bags at most.

Don't get it twisted brother, I only brought up Hit N Move because you said this:
Obviously, I'm not good at this electronic communication stuff. (buries head in shame)

Only other Mexican gloves I want at this point are a lace up pair of Campeons and a red pair of retro, welted seams Casanovas with an actual Casanova badge on the cuff (Necalli doesn't have the same impact). Kinda considering Angeles and Salvador. I always wanted Zepol, but my experience with GiL was so bad with the loose wrists that I kinda lost interest. Another pair of old school Boxeos or Classics might be nice (traded my old pairs of both of those) but not a priority.

Thanks for the reflections bro!

Absolutely take the point on not getting that level of feedback from the more protective gloves - I'd say my issue with the Everlast Elite 2's isnt so much that they are pillowey but more than they're very rigid even though I've been breaking them in with hard rounds on the bag for several weeks. Lack of feedback is another drawback for me with them though.

As it happened I ended up getting a notification from Kozuji to pick up a pair of Winnings 14oz lace-up at a fair price (certainly compared to what the going rate is here in the UK). These are now making their way from Japan and should arrive early next week so I'll give more thoughts once they do.

Decided this pair of gloves would be a splash out for me and obviously if you're a boxer whose into gear you always wonder about Winnings, so now I get to find out for myself. Need to pick up a pair of lace n loops also - excited though to see if they measure up to standard and hopeful I've got a great pair of gloves that will be with me for years to come.
No problem brother, I'm here to help.

The Elite 2 are rigid? Do they feel like they have a frame in the wrist and back of the hand area? I got some Rival Guerrero in last night (the sparring glove in SF-H) and it has something like what I'm describing. This is the first pair of gloves I've ever owned like this. Initially it feels uncomfortable, but I'm going to give it an honest try if it helps with wrist protection. Or am I completely off base and it has something to do with the materials being hard to break in? They're not leather right? So that should reduce break in time as far as I'm aware.

Congrats on the Winning's man, lmk how they work for you. I've yet to take the plunge, I have almost 30 pairs of gloves, I can't imagine needed Winnings, but I would like to have that frame of reference.its too bad the gloves change so often because even if I get a taste of the current batch, my reference to these gloves will be skewed with the change of materials and feeling and all that. Apparently Fly Premium also has a similar issue. What color did they have available?

It's the standard in boxing man, I doubt you'll be disappointed, that said, can't wait to hear your thoughts.

Well you're right that I was thinking the more expensive third party sites. Even like mercado libre's $175 and grupo hamd's $135 for the Casanovas I like (anything under $100 for those gloves on those sites is no longer an active link). I don't mind Edgar so much, the first pair of custom New Sportings was the only time I got burned on a pair of gloves through him and it was in the midst of social media drama that New Sporting were going through at the time, so I was reluctant to deal with them directly. Plus, he sends lace & loops, which basically saves me at least $25. I dunno, he knows what I like by now, and I'm fine with spending a little extra. Been burned in the past with fake Reyes, fake Boons, fake Top Tens, and I'm just glad not to have to worry about that with him.

My friend's been looking for gloves and has only been using Everlasts so I'm going to see if he likes them. If not, I may keep them after all but i can't see myself using them much. These Seizos are the Winning inspired classic ones and are actually advertised as leather.

I never really liked my Winnings. I try to play safe and say maybe mine were defects, because the innermost layer of memory foam ends mid-way between door knocker knuckles and big knuckles - so they actually hurt to punch with. That part aside, I have never liked the punching surface, I could never land correctly. I never liked the leather, I feel like people assume it's top quality because it's glossy & pliable. It's really thin and I've seen enough ripped pairs of authentic Winnings to know that it's not particularly durable. The only thing I ever liked about them was the ease of opening the hand because i like to parry.

I like the red lacquer new-version Premium PUL HH Bayonetas more than my Winnings, from a quality standpoint as well as fit. The leather feels higher quality to me - it accomplishes what I think Winning attempts to emulate, ie a high end, glossy, supple leather. The only break in they might need is more to do with shaping the leather to my first more than anything padding wise. In fact, outside of sparring I don't really want to use them too much on the hard bags at the gym, probably just mitts, double end, and maybe some of the softer bags at most.

Obviously, I'm not good at this electronic communication stuff. (buries head in shame)

Only other Mexican gloves I want at this point are a lace up pair of Campeons and a red pair of retro, welted seams Casanovas with an actual Casanova badge on the cuff (Necalli doesn't have the same impact). Kinda considering Angeles and Salvador. I always wanted Zepol, but my experience with GiL was so bad with the loose wrists that I kinda lost interest. Another pair of old school Boxeos or Classics might be nice (traded my old pairs of both of those) but not a priority.
Have you successfully ordered from Mercado Libre to the US? I assumed they only shipped within LATAM. I never go through third parties though bro, there is no need. The workshops that don't have websites can be contacted directly using WhatsApp, just use Google translate to translate(duh), and let them know that's what you're using in case anything gets lost in translation. Even with the current price of the peso, a decent pair of Mexican made gloves should't be more than $160USD shipped to your door. Cheaper depending on the workshop and strength of the pedo week to week. Yeah that instance sounds like it's on New Sporting and not Edgar. Hey man you have your peace of mind, and that's worth every cent. For everyone else out there I just want you to know I haven't been let down by my method yet.

Oh I see, so you don't have the ones that Csquared has in his top 10 gloves? Idk why I assumed that? Did you end up selling them to your friend?

Damn good to know man, thanks for that honest review of Winning (even if you consider tours defects). I've been wanting to get my hands on a pair just so I can compare them to New Sportings clone the HGP. I have a pair in 16 oz's and want to see if NS got anywhere close or if they possibly even have the superior product. So they were broken in from the box? Easy partying is awesome.

Damn that's some high praise for the Bayoneta's dude, it's good to know they're as good as they are sexy. Are yours completely broken in yet? And have you used them to spar?

Aw my bad dude, I wasn't calling you out. Just kind of threw me off. Didn't even happen. Air five?

Campeons are nice man and they're built like tanks. They have that real rustic look, without being super uncomfortable. They aren't winning any awards for comfort, but it's not cardboard either. Bro I'm with you, that Casanova label is way sexier, I personally have never owned a Necali product for the same reason, lol. We're a bit special/shallow. I've owned Lopez and Gil, and Gil did have a looser wrist. Tbf my Gil are 16 and my Lopez were 14, but the difference was so huge that I didn't expect the 16 oz Lopez to be much different. I like the finger pocket better on the Lopez too, it's too bad the don't double stich like GIL does. it's essentially the same glove out side of these and some other minor differences.

Btw I have an extra pair of Classics and Campeon if you're interested

The workshops that don't have websites can be contacted directly using WhatsApp, just use Google translate to translate(duh), and let them know that's what you're using in case anything gets lost in translation.
I don't use WhatsApp. Some scammers targeted me through there for some serious harassment, so I avoid it like the plague. I haven't ordered through Mercado Libre, just checked prices through there since Campeon said it was one of their primary distributors.

Oh I see, so you don't have the ones that Csquared has in his top 10 gloves? Idk why I assumed that? Did you end up selling them to your friend?
Nah, mine are the Eizo Classic Pro Lace rather than the Supremes. I couldn't get over the look of the Supremes. I'm letting my friend try them out for a little bit, but it looks like he's going to buy them. He really liked them but they're 16s and he usually uses 14s, so they are heavier than he's used to.

Damn that's some high praise for the Bayoneta's dude, it's good to know they're as good as they are sexy. Are yours completely broken in yet? And have you used them to spar?
I think the leather might mold to my fist a little bit more, but really comfortable as is. I sparred this week with them and they worked perfect. Padding was so soft I was a little worried about my knuckles coming through, but nobody complained even after I asked.

Aw my bad dude, I wasn't calling you out. Just kind of threw me off. Didn't even happen. Air five?
👍👍 No, we're good. I think my review of the gloves on those websites was overly harsh.

Bro I'm with you, that Casanova label is way sexier, I personally have never owned a Necali product for the same reason, lol. We're a bit special/shallow.
Yes, I'm shallow. 😅 It's also hard to convince my old school coaches that Necalli is Casanova. They don't recognize any of the brands I bring in, so I always have to explain.

Btw I have an extra pair of Classics and Campeon if you're interested
If I can sell my GiLs, I may take you up on the Classics, thanks for the offer. I used to work out at the gym owned by one of the distributors for Classics in Texas and owned a pair of 18s but traded them like 13+ years ago. When they really stepped up their game about 7 or 8 years ago I was super tempted to get new ones but never pulled the trigger.

Back