Media Pound 4 Pound with Kamaru & Henry, Ep. 5 (Guest: Dana White)

Do you agree?

• Total voters
You gotta be clean outta your mind to think Usman is anywhere higher than #3. GSP is light years ahead. Hughes is still galaxies ahead of him too.

Hughes also had a more diverse set of wins as Champion, not defending the belt twice against people who did not earn that second shot. GSP, meanwhile, and someone I hated at the time, basically cleaned out the division twice.

I think GSP not running the Hendricks fight back, and then not defending the MW belt a few years later has made Dana especially salty. I think Dana was looking to sacrifice him to another MW and make an instant star of someone that GSP would have had a hard time out grappling at that weight.

The only way he will get that honor back from Dana is if he talks Khabib out of retirement to have a fight with himself for a true BMF championship, instead of the paperweight token they are trotting out again for UFC 300. The BMF belt is almost becoming the little trophy that all winners got in PRIDE fights. It should be called the DMF (Dumb Motherfucker) belt.
"It should be called the DMF (Dumb Motherfucker) belt" - hahahahaha so true, totally agree with you, its so silly, it makes it all very gimmicky. Just fight and thats it.

Yeah Dana certainly wanted to sacrifice GSP and build of it. IF GSP came back and fought Khabib in UFC then Dana would have dropped his hate, I agree, although he really holds on too these grudges and just can't let go of it

Its like Bob Arum, how many times has Dana gone hysterical about Bob? so many press conferences he has gone on this vile disgusting rants about Bob. But what has Bob said about Dana in the last 20 years? nothing... there was a few comments in like 2004 and 2005 where Bob said some really stupid and wrong things about UFC and Dana, but thats it, certainly nothing in recent memory. Dana just can't let go, he really holds a grudge I think

This will be hilarious again in a few years when Kamaru is out of the UFC and Dana and the promotion has a shiny new dominant WW champ they will parade as the best ever

Leon just needs to beat Belal and Shavkat and he will be the new WW GOAT.

The 7 people that voted yes are company shills.
Depends on what GOAT means, if it means the best fighter. Prime Usman destroys Prime GSP.

GSP reigned in a era where Carlos Conduit, Diaz, and Hughes/Penn were still contenders, just let that sink in to know the level of competition he was against, vs Usman who faced top tier fighters like Burns, Covington, and Masvidal.

Is there a plaque? There should be a plaque.

Who is Danas p4p goat these days? Gotta be Jones right?

Within a couple of years there will be another Welterweight that strings 4 or 5 defenses together. And would you believe it, the guy would be the WW goat according to Dana. Promoter promotes, is normal

Why do people not like Kamaru? he seems genuine, even maybe a bit nerdy. WHat iu like best though is that he seems to have a bit of fanboy in him while talking to Dana which i find it refreshing; he dont take himself too seriously or think he's too big of a star to be enamoured by someone so important to the sport (wether thats Usman's real disposition or he's trying to be s teachers pet, who knows) I'm only about 10 minutes in and agree that while Dana is carrying it i'm fully locked in and paying full attention.

He’s a McGregor rip off basically.

He even tried the Irish accent for a bit.

You guys remember that Tyron Woodley guy?

He KO'd Robbie Lawler.

Why does anyone still care what this wife beating piece of shit has to say? The sooner he disappears from MMA, the better.

Im about 45 minutes in now and a couple @Overrides;

Cejudo is just so cringey to listen to and not in an endearing or nerdy or sentimental way. at 36:37 when Dana says "Usman is the greatest WW of all time" Cejudo reacts with this phony hype-man like thing "this is gonna start some wooohooohoo... youre hearing form Dana White everybody!"

I dont know if Henry really believes this is some profound hot take, or he just has these go to replies. But to me it just comes off as someone who's trying to gas up his benefctor(or kiss ass) and more annoyingly someone who disrupts some decent conversation momentum with bull shit filler.

And then Dana starts saying "wether you love him or hate him you can't deny it" Dana almost start broaching on an actual, straight no chaser answer (not caring if he might offend or not gas up the business) and again, Henry "No, he's my boy i love Kamaru"

What? Did you think Kamaru might be offended? And he just totally viewrs the natural conversation off the direction its in with some bullshit filler. It's like he speaks in trap music ad-libs. heh. "ohhh yeah!" "no totallyyyy!!!" "woooweee!"

Honestly it would go up a whole grade letter in my opinion if Henry wasn't there or actually contributed. Just. Contribute. One. Good. Fucking. Thing, dude.

One more. at about 37:50 they talk about fighters in MMA not being afforded any gimme's or easy fights. Well of course they re, and thats how they build up stars. I dont even need to list off any here, but Bo Nickal and O'malley are prolly the 2 most current ones ANY real fan will think of. Here again, Dana could show some real insight by saying "well, we do to some extent. Jamie Pickett vs. Bo for instance"

There's just too much o all 3 agreeing with eachother, and no good convo's come from that, there's gotta be a bit of challenging the other guys words. And then the next guy challenging a portion of that while bringing uo a different example. Anyway though...

Would love to hear Dana be as candid about MMA as he is with boxing. Just candid, not disparaging.

Im about 45 minutes in now and a couple @Overrides;

Cejudo is just so cringey to listen to and not in an endearing or nerdy or sentimental way. at 36:37 when Dana says "Usman is the greatest WW of all time" Cejudo reacts with this phony hype-man like thing "this is gonna start some wooohooohoo... youre hearing form Dana White everybody!"

I dont know if Henry really believes this is some profound hot take, or he just has these go to replies. But to me it just comes off as someone who's trying to gas up his benefctor(or kiss ass) and more annoyingly someone who disrupts some decent conversation momentum with bull shit filler.

And then Dana starts saying "wether you love him or hate him you can't deny it" Dana almost start broaching on an actual, straight no chaser answer (not caring if he might offend or not gas up the business) and again, Henry "No, he's my boy i love Kamaru"

What? Did you think Kamaru might be offended? And he just totally viewrs the natural conversation off the direction its in with some bullshit filler. It's like he speaks in trap music ad-libs. heh. "ohhh yeah!" "no totallyyyy!!!" "woooweee!"

Honestly it would go up a whole grade letter in my opinion if Henry wasn't there or actually contributed. Just. Contribute. One. Good. Fucking. Thing, dude.

One more. at about 37:50 they talk about fighters in MMA not being afforded any gimme's or easy fights. Well of course they re, and thats how they build up stars. I dont even need to list off any here, but Bo Nickal and O'malley are prolly the 2 most current ones ANY real fan will think of. Here again, Dana could show some real insight by saying "well, we do to some extent. Jamie Pickett vs. Bo for instance"

There's just too much o all 3 agreeing with eachother, and no good convo's come from that, there's gotta be a bit of challenging the other guys words. And then the next guy challenging a portion of that while bringing uo a different example. Anyway though...

Would love to hear Dana be as candid about MMA as he is with boxing. Just candid, not disparaging.

I couldn't help but laugh when Dana is talking about his favourite fighters and why... The moment Dana takes a break, Henry is talking about himself, and the 'persona' he created, and Dana just shits on it. Saying you dont need that extra bs. Just be a killer.

Depends on what GOAT means, if it means the best fighter. Prime Usman destroys Prime GSP.

GSP reigned in a era where Carlos Conduit, Diaz, and Hughes/Penn were still contenders, just let that sink in to know the level of competition he was against, vs Usman who faced top tier fighters like Burns, Covington, and Masvidal.
You say this as though the second list of fighters is superior to the first list of fighters even though the first list of fighters were all champions lol

He's fooled people, you see people posting Usman as goat it's more newer accounts though. Everyone else practically knows GSP is the best, it's not even a debate.
Matt Hughes is above Usman too imo.

Reactions: Kb7
Back