Prime Aldo would have destroyed Petr Yan

What's considered prime Aldo?

IMO WEC Aldo was the scariest Aldo. Wasn't quite as measured and composed than UFC Aldo but he was an insanely powerful and explosive berserker in the cage.

What's considered prime Aldo?

IMO WEC Aldo was the scariest Aldo. Wasn't quite as measured and composed than UFC Aldo but he was an insanely powerful and explosive berserker in the cage.
yeah but his compeittion in the UFC ramped up in skill also.

Look at his fight Hominick and first edgar fight. he allowed edgar back into the fight those last two rds
He had a terrible weight cut in that fight, that's why he gassed in the third round.

Prime aldo is like twice as fast as Yan despite being a bigger man. He would've destroyed Yan.

YEA NAH

Aldo been known to gas,and woulda been same shit in his prime. Yan just work until you cant anymore,and finish you

Highly disagree. Aldo's tank issues are much, much worse now. In that Mendes fight he went five hard rounds. I agree with TS' sentiment. While Yan did switch stances and adjust as the fight went along now, in the past, Aldo would have won.

Look at his fight Hominick and first edgar fight. he allowed edgar back into the fight those last two rds

I had Aldo 4-1. He was never once in trouble in that fight. Ever. At all. Edgar danced around for one round, landed some good strikes, but Aldo out classed him.

Yeah Jose aldo is the shit,but Yan still beat him,and probably could no matter when it was. We seen aldo gas in his prime several times.

@ExitLUPin is 100% correct here. I think the majority agrees. You're the outlier in this instance my friend.

I had Aldo 4-1. He was never once in trouble in that fight. Ever. At all. Edgar danced around for one round, landed some good strikes, but Aldo out classed him.
Put him in there with Petr yan when he gets tired and see what happens. He DOES get tired,and I think it suits Yan to close the show later in these 5 rd fights

Put him in there with Petr yan when he gets tired and see what happens. He DOES get tired,and I think it suits Yan to close the show later in these 5 rd fights

He did. He did not like he currently does. This is as obvious as can be. Aldo was 2-2 heading into the fifth as a much lesser fighter. Sorry buddy.

@ExitLUPin is 100% correct here. I think the majority agrees. You're the outlier in this instance my friend.
Hey if Prime aldo can win,its all good,hes one of my favs,but i dont like the audacities of the OP

THE INDENENCIES OF IT

so i fought back like Yan would

/illegal knee

ILLEGAL KNEED!

He did. He did not like he currently does. This is as obvious as can be. Aldo was 2-2 heading into the fifth as a much lesser fighter. Sorry buddy.
WHEN SHERDOG CLOSES

OUTSIDE

U AND ME

IRL

Yan is very much a better version of Aldo. Similarly good defense against kicks, similar flat footed and heavy handed style but with much better boxing in every way. Takedown defense and BJJ not as good though.
youre insane if you think Yan is a better boxer than a Prime Aldo. Recent bias is ridiculous sometimes.

Aldo is a great fighter, but super striker vs even more super striker is a TUF style matchup. Aldo is still really good and he beats the kinds of guys like Jeremy Stephens that he used to beat. He’s consistently lost to top level strikers though getting finished twice by Holloway, Yan and McConner.

Hey if Prime aldo can win,its all good,hes one of my favs,but i dont like the audacities of the OP

THE INDENENCIES OF IT

so i fought back like Yan would

/illegal knee

ILLEGAL KNEED!

OP may be aggressive in his stance but he's correct in his convictions. I agree with him 100%. This isn't to hate on Yan. Aldo helped Yan become a better fighter. It's proven through Yan's interviews.

youre insane if you think Yan is a better boxer than a Prime Aldo. Recent bias is ridiculous sometimes.
Prime aldo is a defensive genius. Dude has impeccable headmovement and distance control.

Prime skin cream Mendes and prime P4P great Edgar would have finished Yan too.

Aldo went 4-0 against those well rounded monsters in their primes. Prime Aldo demolishes any version of Yan
Edgar is pillow-fisted af

Yan murders him

Back