Prime Brock Lesnar vs. Prime Fabricio Werdum - Who wins?

Who wins?

• Total voters
Lol- c'mon now.
I mean post kings(cordeiro) prime werdum. He beats Brock 9/10.
Even pre kings prime werdum wins 7.5/10.
So the EASY answer is werdum....just the matter of pre or post raphie.

I mean werdum probably a top 5 all time heavy( yeah- probably) and Brock doesn't sniff anywhere near that.

Yes at the end. But Lesnar's career and then becoming champ was only possible because of the Couture,Sylvia, Arlvoski era. Once those guys you mentioned got to the top Lesnar was done.

Lol what the fuck? He defended the belt twice after he beat Couture for the belt.

Lol what the fuck? He defended the belt twice after he beat Couture for the belt.

He avenged the loss to post accident Mir and again I think Carwin should have got the stoppage.

Couture was only champ because the division was so horrible. He'd been driven out of HW in the early 2000s and years later when he was retired he realized he was better than all the HW's so he came back.

Werdum has a HW GOAT case. Lesnar's whole career was only possible because HW in his era was the worst division in MMA history.

Ref should have stopped the Carwin fight. Struggled to beat Mark Hunt.
I largely agree with you, but their runs overlap entirely.

Lesnar is severely underrated for some reason, but I'd have to go with Werdum - his striking was quite OK in his prime and if it hits the ground he'd find the sub.

Lesnar is very underrated because of his WWE career, and his comical reaction when Cain hit him. I mean he got hit flush by Mark Hunt and didn't even blink...

I once had a debate with a guy at a party who was arguing that Lesnar was a 100% fake fighter who never had any kind of training, and was saying that when CM Punk comes to UFC he will clean the division because Punk is a real athlete and trains Jiu-Jitsu, not just fake wrestling. The guy didn't understand that amatuer wrestling is a real sport, and didn't understand when I told him that Punk was a beginner level BJJ practitioner who's never competed in it...

The general public is pretty dumb

Hold on, in which Mir fight did Brock lay n pray?

The one where he was got submitted?
Or the one where he let Mir stand up, then took him back down and smashed his face into strawberry jam?
Was there a third fight I'm not aware of?

The second one.

Lesnar is very underrated because of his WWE career, and his comical reaction when Cain hit him. I mean he got hit flush by Mark Hunt and didn't even blink...

I once had a debate with a guy at a party who was arguing that Lesnar was a 100% fake fighter who never had any kind of training, and was saying that when CM Punk comes to UFC he will clean the division because Punk is a real athlete and trains Jiu-Jitsu, not just fake wrestling. The guy didn't understand that amatuer wrestling is a real sport, and didn't understand when I told him that Punk was a beginner level BJJ practitioner who's never competed in it...

Lol. Poor Hector Lombard.

Lesnar is severely underrated for some reason, but I'd have to go with Werdum - his striking was quite OK in his prime and if it hits the ground he'd find the sub.
the reason is probably he participated in WWE before UFC

The second one.

hmm ok. At which part was he holding Mir and stalling to win rounds? Was he grinding to a decision?

The part where he gestured for Mir to stand up after dumping him on the ground?
The part where he was punching Mir's face into the back of his head?
Maybe it was the part where he was rampaging around after a second round stoppage?

Personally I think Stipe's lay-n-pray tactic against Overeem was more effective

everything you said is correct. add to that Brock had a superior frame and punk looked average next to other pro fighters. and I will not start an A Level athlete debate but measurables are measurables. Brock's NFL combine numbers were insane. especially for a guy who hadn't played football since high school and was older than the other attendees

Back