Prime Fedor, Anderson, Aldo and Jones

I'd say its because Hughes had a bad night his second fight against GSP -- that's common in sports. The better long run side sometimes loses. Hughes was good enough to finish GSP once. That makes him, at least relative to GSP, a better fighter than Shields and Hendricks. Hughes also was a champion for a long time. That makes him a better fighter than Shields and Hendricks by just about every other measure. So beating Hughes was a much bigger achievement for GSP than beating Shields and Hughes -- and that's what's meant by best win.

If you're going by GSP's closest (ie most competitive) fights, then the first fight with Penn was the closest. Its also his second most damaging fight (after Serra) -- after the first Penn fight GSP went straight to the hospital, no press conference. After Hendricks GSP went straight to the press conference -- ie Hendricks didn't do as much damage to GSP as Penn did.
And GSP's fight with Karo was closer than his fight with Shields -- Karo, twice got close to getting a submission, Shields never came anywhere close to that. So I'd say GSP's two most competitive fights were Hendricks (GSP should have lost, but it hangs on one very close round, the first round) and the first BJ Penn fight (and I'd argue that GSP should have lost that one too).

Nothing you described makes Hughes a better fighter than Shields or Hendricks. Hughes, in his prime, beat a23 year old GSP who had 7 fights.

Hughes is an mma fossil and would lose to Shields and get his head taken off by Hendricks.

"some karate guy"?
Ryo Chonan was no slouch bro, and feared no man. Look at his schedule in PRIDE:
  • Newton
  • Silva
  • Carneiro
  • Schembri
  • Baroni
  • Hendo
It takes HUGE BALLS to take those six guys within ONE YEAR like he did, let alone win 4/6 - which he also did!
Those bums will never understand this shit...

Prime Silva lost to two small japanese fighters at 28 and 29 years old.

So scratch him off your list and replace him with GSP, the true GOAT.
401e514c-5492-4517-934f-2e49ca1a6ce9-png.621837

Natty goat. :v

401e514c-5492-4517-934f-2e49ca1a6ce9-png.621837

Natty goat. :v

I often see that pic as if that body wasnt atainable naturally
It certainly is; a good athlete in his early 20s can very well look like that.

Nothing you described makes Hughes a better fighter than Shields or Hendricks. Hughes, in his prime, beat a23 year old GSP who had 7 fights.

Hughes is an mma fossil and would lose to Shields and get his head taken off by Hendricks.

Hughes is not only a fossil, he's a retired fossil, and would now lose to anyone now in MMA, let alone in the UFC. Saying they'd beat him today means little. However, at the time he first fought GSP he was the best WW on the planet, and if he'd fought Shields or Hendricks back then (were they even training MMA) he'd have knocked their heads off. That's the problem with intergenerational fights -- when the older guys were in their prime the young guys were kids. By the time the young guys are in their prime the old guys are either retired, or so far past their prime they should be retired.

That 23 year old GSP that Hughes beat was in far better shape (no knee injury -- he was never close to being the same after that, not burnt out physically or mentally by a decade of fighting) than the GSP who fought Shields and Hendricks. And I say that as someone who quite obviously doesn't particularly like GSP (like I said, he didn't deserve his fight with Bisping, and looked like he hadn't bothered training for it even once he got it). Hughes finished a better version of GSP than the one who went the distance with Shields and Hendricks.

Hughes is not only a fossil, he's a retired fossil, and would now lose to anyone now in MMA, let alone in the UFC. Saying they'd beat him today means little. However, at the time he first fought GSP he was the best WW on the planet, and if he'd fought Shields or Hendricks back then (were they even training MMA) he'd have knocked their heads off. That's the problem with intergenerational fights -- when the older guys were in their prime the young guys were kids. By the time the young guys are in their prime the old guys are either retired, or so far past their prime they should be retired.

That 23 year old GSP that Hughes beat was in far better shape (no knee injury -- he was never close to being the same after that, not burnt out physically or mentally by a decade of fighting) than the GSP who fought Shields and Hendricks. And I say that as someone who quite obviously doesn't particularly like GSP (like I said, he didn't deserve his fight with Bisping, and looked like he hadn't bothered training for it even once he got it). Hughes finished a better version of GSP than the one who went the distance with Shields and Hendricks.

You're acting like a retard now...

Happy Easter!

You're acting like a retard now...

Happy Easter!

No act, I assure you I truly am a retard. However I prefer the term 'mentally challenged', though a case can be made for 'cognitively disabled'.

But definitely Happy Easter!

Last edited:
Anderson lost multiple times in his prime.

take him off that list and add gsp there and it’s all good.

Anderson 6’2 in his prime was getting subbed by 5’9 karate guys in japan. That’s much more hilarious than gsp losing to Serra.

don’t be mad playboys!

<{silvanormal}><BC1><{silvanormal}><BC1><{silvanormal}><BC1>

Lmao!

I laughed too when Silva got heel hooked and Jones lost by cheating. Stay forever triggered shill.
I’m sure you laughed when anyone great lost. Fedor, wand, nog, saku, etc. they all suck. Proof.

Are the injuries why he doesnt go back to kicking again? Or is he in love with his boxing? I wish the old Aldo would return but looks like it will never happen
I think its a bit of both.
You can hear Pederneiras screaming at him to kick more in most of his last fights but he is always hesitant.

GSP is a great GOAT candidate. I’m a big GSP fan, for real.
Remember when prime GSP lost to Hughes and Serra though?
In his prime, the true GOAT lost to no one.
giphy.gif

GSP wasn't in his prime when he lost to hughes or serra dipshit.

GSP is a great GOAT candidate. I’m a big GSP fan, for real.
Remember when prime GSP lost to Hughes and Serra though?
In his prime, the true GOAT lost to no one.
giphy.gif

A lot of bald dudes in that gif.

Back