Pro Cycling Discussion 2: Jonas Takes His Second Tour - Vuelta and Beyond

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pzl Remco maybe head to Tour of Poland if you cant drop Jorgensson and Vlasov

I don't understand Evenepoel. I'm sure I've posted it here before but the difference between U23 and pro cycling is that everyone can go twice in the pro peloton. The top guys can go 3 or 4 times so there are only 2 or 3 ways to make a gap stick. Crosswind, hard temp and then 3 attacks, or 3 attacks and then sub-AT for 3mins. That's it, pick one or don't bother attacking a small elite group.
Well,

I’ll be honest I was confused by the entire race. Guys who I thought were well above the level of someone like mcnulty, vlasov and Jorgensen (I’m looking at you roglic, jay vine, almeida) couldn’t keep up. And then evenpoel struggled to shake those 3, and it’s like, ok, is it remco, or are those guys over performing? Because at the end of the day remco still straight up dropped roglic on more than one occasion. And when I think back to what roglic was doing this time last year, it’s hard to understand unless it’s simply that these young guys got better, and roglic did not. But then, what the fuck is vlasov doing in there?

I don’t really know how to make any sense of this yet. Jorgensen seemingly just took roglics role at the lab.

I heard a rumor that roglics watts on the TTT were massive, to the point where it caused issues and that’s why 5/8 riders got dropped on that climb. I’m sure he would do better with an ITT. But still, he lost 5:30 to remco today so it doesn’t really matter what your doing on time trials at that point

Idk that whole stage race seemed kind of fucky. A new TTT format, queen stage was snipped in half, early in the season, lots of guys on new teams, and tough weather.

I’m mostly just gonna say that Jorgensen should be taken more seriously than people thought he should be. And Bernal looks like he could be a decent lieutenant. Otherwise I’m chalking the rest up to craziness

Well,

I’ll be honest I was confused by the entire race. Guys who I thought were well above the level of someone like mcnulty, vlasov and Jorgensen (I’m looking at you roglic, jay vine, almeida) couldn’t keep up. And then evenpoel struggled to shake those 3, and it’s like, ok, is it remco, or are those guys over performing? Because at the end of the day remco still straight up dropped roglic on more than one occasion. And when I think back to what roglic was doing this time last year, it’s hard to understand unless it’s simply that these young guys got better, and roglic did not. But then, what the fuck is vlasov doing in there?

I don’t really know how to make any sense of this yet. Jorgensen seemingly just took roglics role at the lab.

I heard a rumor that roglics watts on the TTT were massive, to the point where it caused issues and that’s why 5/8 riders got dropped on that climb. I’m sure he would do better with an ITT. But still, he lost 5:30 to remco today so it doesn’t really matter what your doing on time trials at that point

I can explain the stage:

Remco: alien talent
Jorgenson: the Visma secret sauce
Roglic: missing the Visma secret sauce

I can explain the stage:

Remco: alien talent
Jorgenson: the Visma secret sauce
Roglic: missing the Visma secret sauce
I thought if bora could win the giro with hindley, they’d have the tools to at least keep roglic as a top 10 world tour rider.

I thought if bora could win the giro with hindley, they’d have the tools to at least keep roglic as a top 10 world tour rider.
Bora has as much resources as any team (apparently), they're just missing one thing Visma has.

From Paris - Nice: very impressed by Jorgensson, Buitrago and Happy Plappy. Movistar management must be screaming for letting Jorgensson go. Buitrago is the real deal, such a shame that he first lost 2 minutes from crashing and then eventually crashed out. Plappy did much better climbing than I expected.

Remco was just meh, Roglic looking soft like pudding and Almeida looked like crap. Are these to challenge Super Mutant Vingegaard and mutant Pogger at the Tour? hah.

Did Israel PT not learn from Froomie at all? They have Fuglsang who is mere shadow of what he was.

Tirreno Adriatico: Vingegaard continues from O Gran Camino with absolute climbing dominance. Dude simply teleports away at will. Ayuso is looking good and his time trialing is even better than I thought. Del Toro looking insanely good too, though I believe that UAE is not sending him to any grand tours this year.

Everyone else is just bleh. Arensman and Pidcock, bleh. G-man still the best GC hope for Ineos lol.

From Paris - Nice: very impressed by Jorgensson, Buitrago and Happy Plappy. Movistar management must be screaming for letting Jorgensson go. Buitrago is the real deal, such a shame that he first lost 2 minutes from crashing and then eventually crashed out. Plappy did much better climbing than I expected.

Remco was just meh, Roglic looking soft like pudding and Almeida looked like crap. Are these to challenge Super Mutant Vingegaard and mutant Pogger at the Tour? hah.

Did Israel PT not learn from Froomie at all? They have Fuglsang who is mere shadow of what he was.

Tirreno Adriatico: Vingegaard continues from O Gran Camino with absolute climbing dominance. Dude simply teleports away at will. Ayuso is looking good and his time trialing is even better than I thought. Del Toro looking insanely good too, though I believe that UAE is not sending him to any grand tours this year.

Everyone else is just bleh. Arensman and Pidcock, bleh. G-man still the best GC hope for Ineos lol.
Did you see when ayuso tried to follow Jonas’ wheel and he blew up 10 seconds in? I was laughing my ass off. I was like “now you know why no one tried to follow”

Evenpoel, roglic and Jonas all confirmed for itzulia. And the course looks proper tough too.

Additional confirmed riders
Jai Hindley
Tom Pidcock
Bernal
Gall
Juan Ayuso
Carapaz
Simon Yates
Quintana
Skjelmose

if only poggi made an appearance haha. That’ll be a fun one

Evenpoel, roglic and Jonas all confirmed for itzulia. And the course looks proper tough too.

Additional confirmed riders
Jai Hindley
Tom Pidcock
Bernal
Gall
Juan Ayuso
Carapaz
Simon Yates
Quintana
Skjelmose

if only poggi made an appearance haha. That’ll be a fun one

Pogman is doing Tour of Catalonia. You'll have to wait for the The Tour for all 4 to meet.
Roglic has added Liege-Bastogne-Liege to his calendar, MVDP doing it too which I find rather suprising though why not.

Ooh, Milan - San Remo next saturday. The only question I have is can UAE make it hard enough so that when Pogacar goes full blast on Poggio no one can follow. I believe MVDP can follow, and win.

great effort, finish on challenging surface

Yeep pretty insane power by Merlier, I think even his rear tire is slipping on the final corner. All after almost crashing just seconds before after bumping shoulders with Bauhaus? that sent Merlier to Rickaert who crashed and it looked like Merlier had his chain dropped.

great effort, finish on challenging surface

Merlier is a fucking animal this year. He’s starting off red hot. He was outstanding at UAE tour as well. And that field was pretty stacked

My body is preparing for MSR.

Merlier is a fucking animal this year. He’s starting off red hot. He was outstanding at UAE tour as well. And that field was pretty stacked

Quickstep should cut a few c rate Remco climbing domestiques from their Tour lineup and have Merlier and few rouleurs in their place. Twas funny though on the final day of Paris - Nice when even Happy Plappy had Harper with him and poor Remco all alone lol

My body is preparing for MSR.

Quickstep should cut a few c rate Remco climbing domestiques from their Tour lineup and have Merlier and few rouleurs in their place. Twas funny though on the final day of Paris - Nice when even Happy Plappy had Harper with him and poor Remco all alone lol
I don’t disagree but I also think if you do that remco would lose his mind. I haven’t heard shit about landa I thought that was supposed to be a big deal for support for him, but I feel like I haven’t even heard about him this season

I don’t disagree but I also think if you do that remco would lose his mind. I haven’t heard shit about landa I thought that was supposed to be a big deal for support for him, but I feel like I haven’t even heard about him this season

Absolutely send Landa as he is the only great domestique they have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back