Proof that Conor’s leg was already broken...

That's why Dustin said he felt something, probably the leg having a small fissure and Mcg like an idiot kept kicking without set ups.

Part of me is interested in the channel, but I'll never watch videos where the thumbnail is a a picture from the actual video and a picture of the Youtuber making a stupid reaction face.

Sure, I get your point but this guy is actually quite unique how thorough he is in his analyses but makes effort to be understandable to average Joe.

<Goldie11>

I think most people believed that it had to have already been broken. Sadly some wanted to crap on Dustin's comments in the post fight interview where he explained what he thought happened.

They called him Mr Glass
You're thinking of Joanna
JXEUo8c.jpg

There's absolutely no way his lower shin would've snapped like that with only a little pressure stepping wrong unless it was already damaged ready to brake eventually because in the NBA playoffs Kyrie irving went up to take a shot was pushed bumped while in the air then comes down with his weight on his ankle twisting it, on one leg and he didn't damage anything just bruised it sprained NBA 2021 Playoffs Worst Injuries - YouTube 1:39 mark, but Conor just twist his foot and that would only hurt his ankle but now this foot twisting now supposedly brakes bones ? it's not possible unless it was already injured from kicking the knee because Conor has weak bones due to his massive weight cutting caused a bruise in camp then a crack and further kicking caused a brake then this caused the snapping of his shin due to the weight caused by low calcium and weak bones.

Just before the sequence that is in the video there was a kick that looks like it was blocked by Dustin's elbow...If it was anything my guess is it was that.
Agreed.

Honestly doesn't look like the kick that hit Dustin's knee or the teep did it.

Knee kick lands with foot. There is plenty of give at ankle so likely not a ton of stress at the shin. It would make sense for something in the foot to break before the shin.

With the push kick the velocity at the shin is going to be lower than a roundhouse plus it kind me of looks glancing.

I'm thinking if these were enough to contribute to the break than his shin was likely considerably compromised from training.

Leg kicks are looking far more deadly than the 12-6 elbows. I think it's time we ban kicking below the knee. 2 snapped legs in a year?

He blocked the kick. Blocking a kick is doing something

"Coach John Kavanaugh states that it was the teep kick that was blocked by Dustin’s elbow just before the nasty break we saw that initially fractured the leg."

That first video is so annoying, has the perfect viewing angle then changes before impact.

The 2nd leg kick that Conor threw, Poirier lifted his leg back and up, which caused Conor to kick short right on the hardest part of the knee, and DP immediately recognized it and pointed at it. It's semantics whether you want to call it a "check" or not, but the bottom line is that if DP hadn't seen the kick coming and reacted to it, it would have done some level of damage to his leg.

Instead, by effectively checking it, it caused Conor to kick short and to kick in a spot that was vulnerable for Conor instead of Dustin. And if you look at the last sequence where Conor's lower leg fractures, a leg that is not already damaged does not react like that. His leg couldn't support his weight because the damage was already done. It's quite similar to the O'Malley fight with Vera.
Except Conor clearly lands with his foot, how can people not see this?

Except Conor clearly lands with his foot, how can people not see this?
Okay? There were SEVERAL bad spots for him kicking. He kicked Dustin's elbow HARD which hurt him. He kicked Dustin's thigh and it looked like it cracked. The damage was already done to a large extent which caused his lower leg and ankle to buckle underneath his weight when normally it would easily be able to support it.

Well, speedy recovery and God bless your family.

Okay? There were SEVERAL bad spots for him kicking. He kicked Dustin's elbow HARD which hurt him. He kicked Dustin's thigh and it looked like it cracked. The damage was already done to a large extent which caused his lower leg and ankle to buckle underneath his weight when normally it would easily be able to support it.
Again, he also clearly doesn't hit Dustin's elbow. I just find it bizarre how people can watch these kicks and observe what happens so incorrectly. It's clear as day that connor hits with his foot on the kick that you are talking about and that he doesn't hit Dustin's elbow on the teep kick.

Back