Proof that Conor’s leg was already broken...

Again, he also clearly doesn't hit Dustin's elbow. I just find it bizarre how people can watch these kicks and observe what happens so incorrectly. It's clear as day that connor hits with his foot on the kick that you are talking about and that he doesn't hit Dustin's elbow on the teep kick.
Dude, Conor and Coach Kavanaugh acknowledged that kicking Dustin's elbow hurt Conor. And Dustin immediately recognized that Conor was hurt by the 2nd leg kick and immediately pointed at it. And you can literally see Conor's shin crack when he kicked Dustin's thigh later on in the fight. Conor's lower leg was already damaged by the time it fully fractured. Otherwise it easily would have been able to support his weight as usual.

Dude, Conor and Coach Kavanaugh acknowledged that kicking Dustin's elbow hurt Conor. And Dustin immediately recognized that Conor was hurt by the 2nd leg kick and immediately pointed at it. And you can literally see Conor's shin crack when he kicked Dustin's thigh later on in the fight. Conor's lower leg was already damaged by the time it fully fractured. Otherwise it easily would have been able to support his weight as usual.
Use your god damn eyes, this is truly bizarre. Conor clearly doesn't hit Dustin's leg with his ankle and he clearly doesnt hit dustin's elbow, how is this even a debate.

Use your god damn eyes, this is truly bizarre. Conor clearly doesn't hit Dustin's leg with his ankle and he clearly doesnt hit dustin's elbow, how is this even a debate.
Okay. I think we've exhausted this discussion. You seem to think Conor's leg magically cracked on its own because he threw a punch. Conveniently ignoring all the things that happened before then. Believe whatever you want. Take care.

Okay. I think we've exhausted this discussion. You seem to think Conor's leg magically cracked on its own because he threw a punch. Conveniently ignoring all the things that happened before then. Believe whatever you want. Take care.
I don't know what cracked it and I think Conors a scumbag and am not trying to make excuses for him. This is only about how bizarre it is that it is incredibly clear that Conor hits with his foot on the one kick and completely misses Dustin's elbow on the other and yet so many people claim that that's what they saw.

“You’re stiff as a board. I’ll fookin snap you in half.”
- McGregors ankle talking to McGregor

the real “stick in da mud”

I don't know what cracked it and I think Conors a scumbag and am not trying to make excuses for him. This is only about how bizarre it is that it is incredibly clear that Conor hits with his foot on the one kick and completely misses Dustin's elbow on the other and yet so many people claim that that's what they saw.
Look, I don't know what specific sequence you're referring to. Maybe there was a sequence where Conor threw a kick and missed Dustin's elbow. But I literally have seen footage on Instagram and other social media and various sources that shows Conor kicking short right on the hard part of the knee, Conor kicking Dustin's elbow, and Conor kicking Dustin's thigh and his shin cracking on impact.

And why would Coach Kavanaugh talk about Conor kicking Dustin's elbow if it didn't happen? He was there throughout training camp, he watched the fight live, he's watched all of the footage from the fight, why would he make that up? They've even talked about it being a preexisting issue from fight camp that got aggravated during the fight.

I would agree that Conor landed with his foot first when he kicked short, but it could have affected his shin as well, and I think the damage to his foot, his ankle, his shin, other parts of his lower leg, it all added up to the final sequence where it fully fractured. I just don't understand the salient point you're trying to make, the significance of it, other than pure contrarianism on your part. I think we've exhausted this conversation.

Look, I don't know what specific sequence you're referring to. Maybe there was a sequence where Conor threw a kick and missed Dustin's elbow. But I literally have seen footage on Instagram and other social media and various sources that shows Conor kicking short right on the hard part of the knee, Conor kicking Dustin's elbow, and Conor kicking Dustin's thigh and his shin cracking on impact.

And why would Coach Kavanaugh talk about Conor kicking Dustin's elbow if it didn't happen? He was there throughout training camp, he watched the fight live, he's watched all of the footage from the fight, why would he make that up? They've even talked about it being a preexisting issue from fight camp that got aggravated during the fight.

I would agree that Conor landed with his foot first when he kicked short, but it could have affected his shin as well, and I think the damage to his foot, his ankle, his shin, other parts of his lower leg, it all added up to the final sequence where it fully fractured. I just don't understand the salient point you're trying to make, the significance of it, other than pure contrarianism on your part. I think we've exhausted this conversation.

That's the video where people claim you can see Conor hit Dustin's elbow even though it's incredibly obvious that he doesn't. Are you seriously going to tell me that you can see Conor hit Dustin's elbow in that video?

Says the dummy that doesnt know what a checked kick looks like...its fully likely he broke it on one of his kicks....maybe even the one that hit Dustins knee....but thats not a checked kick lol and no way Could Dustin hear that hahaha...also Conor threw more leg kicks after that one...so...explain that lol.
Well Dustin DID hear it because he pointed at Conor after to laugh at it. I understand that doesn't fit your narrative but we all saw him do that and he said it as well.

And yes, he kept throwing kicks and injuring it further until it lost enough integrity that it simply could not stand the shearing force of a simple pivot. I explain it by saying Conor is a tough sob and he went into the fight with it injured so was already ignoring the pain from jump. He just kept on ignoring the pain until it literally fell in pieces and he was left melted on the floor shouting about murdering women in their sleep.

It's not shocking or difficult to understand. A small crack becomes bigger with impact. Then, with additional impacts it becomes even bigger. Finally, after enough impacts it becomes so big that it threatens the structural integrity of the leg itself and falls into pieces.

If you want to test it, hit a 2 by 4 with a steel baseball bat, but not hard enough to break it in two. Hear the crack. Then hit it again, and again. After enough hits, it will break in two!

It will blow your mind how you can hear cracks before it actually snaps in two. It will also impress on you how cracks and fractures can grow with repeated stresses or impacts. You will learn a lot about the science of impacts in general.

Or you can run a thought experiment. If a car hit you once, would you have as many broken bones as if it hit you 10 times? No, right?

If you could still walk after the first hit, does it mean you'd also be able to walk after the 10th? No, right? After enough hits you eventually will not be able to walk or to continue living.

This stuff is called science and it's really useful in figuring shit out sometimes. Humanity has used it to build lots of stuff we use too!

Again, he also clearly doesn't hit Dustin's elbow. I just find it bizarre how people can watch these kicks and observe what happens so incorrectly. It's clear as day that connor hits with his foot on the kick that you are talking about and that he doesn't hit Dustin's elbow on the teep kick.

The Doctor on Youtube said using video evidence that Conor lower tibia was already damaged with a hairline fracture before he steps back and his foot buckles, then Conor steps back and his foot twist then it buckles under the weight, arguing that the damage didn't happen during the fight is strange because the Doctor confirmed this and video evidence is clear, now one can argue a previous injury in camp, but according to Conor's trainer they got a Doctor to check X rays on his hurt Ankle but it came back negative, maybe it was bruised, weak from incorrect leg kicking techniques during training camp, then it got hurt, then during the fight it cracked because it was weak, then broke.

We know Poirier heard the pop, crack because he pointed to Macgregor's foot, telling Conor your injured, it popped, the evidence is clear, now everyone is trying to pinpoint when the actual damage was done, was it during the fight ? or in camp ?

We discuss this because it's interesting and we want to be the one that figures this out like a detective or prosecutor, it's all good fun.

That's the video where people claim you can see Conor hit Dustin's elbow even though it's incredibly obvious that he doesn't. Are you seriously going to tell me that you can see Conor hit Dustin's elbow in that video?

That's NOT the footage that I was referencing. Literally never seen that post/footage from Joe before. My assertion is that I saw clear footage where Conor kicked Dustin's THIGH and you can see his shin crack immediately after that. And then the fracture happened soon after.

I don't understand your point. I only brought up Conor kicking Dustin's elbow because Coach Kavanaugh specifically cited it. It wasn't my assertion. I stand beside my belief that he injured his leg in camp and ALL of these things that aggravated it during the fight led to the final fracture.

And what is your argument? Do you even know at this point? Maybe you ought to drop it. Just try to gracefully bow out...

Leg kicks are looking far more deadly than the 12-6 elbows. I think it's time we ban kicking below the knee. 2 snapped legs in a year?
Or people learn how to set them up (combos, feints, kicking the body first) and to kick properly (flex).

Go back to making threads about how Dustin is the real villain and conor is a hero because he is who is is.

Some of you need to read this - Bas gives the best explanation. It had to do with conor's kicking technique - in addition to throwing hard leg kicks but not setting them up.

That's NOT the footage that I was referencing. Literally never seen that post/footage from Joe before. My assertion is that I saw clear footage where Conor kicked Dustin's THIGH and you can see his shin crack immediately after that. And then the fracture happened soon after.

I don't understand your point. I only brought up Conor kicking Dustin's elbow because Coach Kavanaugh specifically cited it. It wasn't my assertion. I stand beside my belief that he injured his leg in camp and ALL of these things that aggravated it during the fight led to the final fracture.

And what is your argument? Do you even know at this point? Maybe you ought to drop it. Just try to gracefully bow out...
In your previous post you said you saw footage of Conor kicking Dustin's elbow, this is the video of the teep kick where people claim Conor hit Dustin's elbow and he didn't.

My point, as I've already explained, is simply that it's very bizarre that people are seeing things that clearly didn't happen. Obviously the ankle break happened at some point during the fight, but that doesn't change the fact that you and other people are claiming to see things that clearly didn't happen.

The Doctor on Youtube said using video evidence that Conor lower tibia was already damaged with a hairline fracture before he steps back and his foot buckles, then Conor steps back and his foot twist then it buckles under the weight, arguing that the damage didn't happen during the fight is strange because the Doctor confirmed this and video evidence is clear, now one can argue a previous injury in camp, but according to Conor's trainer they got a Doctor to check X rays on his hurt Ankle but it came back negative, maybe it was bruised, weak from incorrect leg kicking techniques during training camp, then it got hurt, then during the fight it cracked because it was weak, then broke.

We know Poirier heard the pop, crack because he pointed to Macgregor's foot, telling Conor your injured, it popped, the evidence is clear, now everyone is trying to pinpoint when the actual damage was done, was it during the fight ? or in camp ?

We discuss this because it's interesting and we want to be the one that figures this out like a detective or prosecutor, it's all good fun.
Never once said the break didn't happen during the fight, just think its very strange that people are claiming to see things that very clearly didn't happen.

In your previous post you said you saw footage of Conor kicking Dustin's elbow, this is the video of the teep kick where people claim Conor hit Dustin's elbow and he didn't.

My point, as I've already explained, is simply that it's very bizarre that people are seeing things that clearly didn't happen. Obviously the ankle break happened at some point during the fight, but that doesn't change the fact that you and other people are claiming to see things that clearly didn't happen.
The footage that you embedded isn't something that I was referencing. I've seen footage from a better angle and closer in. Which shows Conor kicking Dustin's THIGH and his shin cracking on impact. That's always been my assertion.

If your hangup was first about Conor landing with his foot on the second leg kick and then later on about Conor not hitting the elbow with a kick, I'm willing to concede on those points or at least drop them. But my salient point is that Conor had a preexisting injury which was aggravated at various points throughout the fight and which was most aggravated by Conor kicking Dustin's THIGH and which then culminated in a full fracture when he threw a punch and missed and his leg was so weak at that point that it couldn't even sustain his weight, when Conor is a lightweight fighter with a very HIGH strength to weight ratio compared not only to other people, but to other pro athletes and fighters.

Conor probably weighed 165-170 lbs in the cage that night compared to a walk around weight around 180-190 lbs which is normally going to cause less stress on his frame, not more. His legs are very strong, explosive, springy, he relies on speed, explosiveness and movement. And he's especially light and in fighting trim when he competes in the cage. What happened to him that night was an anomaly caused by an injury getting aggravated over and over again during the fight. Can we reach some common ground on that at least?

Some of you need to read this - Bas gives the best explanation. It had to do with conor's kicking technique - in addition to throwing hard leg kicks but not setting them up.

He also claims that Conor hit Dustin's knee with his ankle which didn't happen, not even close. Conor basically landed with his toes on the kick that came up short.

The footage that you embedded isn't something that I was referencing. I've seen footage from a better angle and closer in. Which shows Conor kicking Dustin's THIGH and his shin cracking on impact. That's always been my assertion.

If your hangup was first about Conor landing with his foot on the second leg kick and then later on about Conor not hitting the elbow with a kick, I'm willing to concede on those points or at least drop them. But my salient point is that Conor had a preexisting injury which was aggravated at various points throughout the fight and which was most aggravated by Conor kicking Dustin's THIGH and which then culminated in a full fracture when he threw a punch and missed and his leg was so weak at that point that it couldn't even sustain his weight, when Conor is a lightweight fighter with a very HIGH strength to weight ratio compared not only to other people, but to other pro athletes and fighters.

Conor probably weighed 165-170 lbs in the cage that night compared to a walk around weight around 180-190 lbs which is normally going to cause less stress on his frame, not more. His legs are very strong, explosive, springy, he relies on speed, explosiveness and movement. And he's especially light and in fighting trim when he competes in the cage. What happened to him that night was an anomaly caused by an injury getting aggravated over and over again during the fight. Can we reach some common ground on that at least?
I never denied that something happened to conors ankle during the fight, my only point was how bizarre it was that people were claiming to see things that clearly didn't happen ( Conor connecting with his ankle on the kick where he came up short when he doesn't even come close to connecting with his ankle and Conor hitting Dustin's elbow on the teep kick when he clearly doesnt hit Dustin's elbow)

I never denied that something happened to conors ankle during the fight, my only point was how bizarre it was that people were claiming to see things that clearly didn't happen ( Conor connecting with his ankle on the kick where he came up short when he doesn't even come close to connecting with his ankle and Conor hitting Dustin's elbow on the teep kick when he clearly doesnt hit Dustin's elbow)
Okay, fair enough. Take care.

Never once said the break didn't happen during the fight, just think its very strange that people are claiming to see things that very clearly didn't happen.

They are just trying to pinpoint when the actual hairline fracture first happened, was it when Conor hit the knee or elbow ? because when Conor kicks the knee Poirier points down telling Conor your injured, you could hear the sound of the kick bone on bone something happened at that point and according to the Doctor Conor didn't kick the elbow and that kick wouldn't cause a fracture anyway but he says that's his opinion but we will never know.

*UPDATE* on Conor McGregor BROKEN Leg, and What REALLY HAPPENED with the Checked Kicks?? - YouTube

Dr Brian says quote:
For those saying it was Poireir's left (hidden a bit) elbow they were referring to, I can't see any way the angle of Dustin's arm in that position breaks a tibia. The forearm is nearly parallel to McGregors leg and I can't see how Dustin's forearm wouldnt have actually broke instead if that were the case. Either way, well never know for sure, this cumulative mechanism is just my opinion.

Then the Doctor points to the training camps injury to the ankle as the possible first hairline fracture, but according to Conor's trainer it came back negative, the Doctor again says NO, this might not happen, but the Doctor could've missed it and sometimes they see certain things they can't make out what it is.

So my opinion is, it has to be because of weak bones due to lots of alcohol consumption and a poor diet and extreme weight cutting, causing calcium loss and problems with bone tissue regrowth, this could be the medical answer, unless that knee kick caused that hairline fracture without weak bone tissue problems, but the Doctor again says NO, so in my opinion alcohol has to be the cause because Conor is a heavy drinker, so Conor could've had weak bone tissue problems due to alcohol abuse and this would happen according to medical science.

So the slight kick to the knee caused the damage to already weakened bone tissue because of alcohol consumption, extreme weight cutting and bone tissue regrowth problems, Conor kicks the knee then Poirier points down to Conor's foot telling him I heard that, now your injured, the reaction video evidence is clear a pop happened during the fight after that knee kick.

There's no other possible answers it has to be weak bone tissue and bone tissue regrowth problems due to alcohol abuse and extreme weight cutting, these factors causes a weak tibia to fracture then finally brake after incorrect leg kicks.

Your thoughts.

I've seen like 3 "causes" so far. It was a freak occurnace.

It broke... that's the risk of kicking hard. The rules state that's a TKO.

Anything beyond that isn't worth obessing over.

Back