Protein to carb ratios on Keto, refeeds

For you maybe. Personally it makes me feel terrible physically and mentally. I nearly crashed my car last time because my brain was all over the place and I kept trancing out.

My wife has forbidden me from going keto ever again because I'm such a nightmare to be around.
I feel like I'm dying in ketosis. My buddy lost 80lbs and had no issues at all. It's not for everybody.

So the question I have is that, what is the maximum amount of water you consume during a dry refeed day?

Preferably nil. If you have any, drink 30 mins before you start eating. If you absolutely have to drink later on in the day, do it a couple of hours after your last meal, and as little as possible.

Preferably nil. If you have any, drink 30 mins before you start eating. If you absolutely have to drink later on in the day, do it a couple of hours after your last meal, and as little as possible.
Thanks for the feedback, that sounds good.
So if also limit all that to around 1 Litter max, would that be OK? (in general I'll need that for creatine and multivitamins as will, also to cook some oats)
Also I'm planning to have my carbs from rice, yams and oats; should I change those carb sources or they are fine?

many studies on ketogenic diets find participants fail to acheive nutritional ketosis on diets with fats accounting for <70% of energy intake.
Some studies that demonstrate exercise benefits from ketogenic diets utilize diets that have > 75% energy from fat, 10–15% from protein and < 50 g/d carbs.

Do not go to zero carbs. Otherwise you will feel the lack of energy all the time. Better avoid sugars and pre-made meals

Back