Psychedelics

Ive only done shrooms, could never find any acid. Ive had good and bad experiences with them. I dont believe they cure depression in the way MDMA does but Id imagine people react differently to different euphoria's. Shrooms have had me drooling on the carpet so fucking gone it wasnt fun after a while. They also usually make my stomach feel like shit. Ive also had a blast on them too so its 50/50 for me. If were legalizing things for depression give me MDMA all day though.

Ive only done shrooms, could never find any acid. Ive had good and bad experiences with them. I dont believe they cure depression in the way MDMA does but Id imagine people react differently to different euphoria's. Shrooms have had me drooling on the carpet so fucking gone it wasnt fun after a while. They also usually make my stomach feel like shit. Ive also had a blast on them too so its 50/50 for me. If were legalizing things for depression give me MDMA all day though.
mdma has the brutal serotonin dump though. it fucks w/ a person’s serotonin inhibitors way worse than acid or mushies

anyways, ketamine is the correct answer.

mdma has the brutal serotonin dump though. it fucks w/ a person’s serotonin inhibitors way worse than acid or mushies

MDMA is legitimately dangerous. It's totally fine for one dose, for one roll, but if you use it too often it can badly damage your brain. 2 of my friends suffered from bad MDMA brain aging/damage. Both were noticeably lesser versions of themselves, you could really tell in their memory and stuff.

LSD can be dangerous for some people, for some people they're genetically predisposed to be hurt by acid. It can make them go crazy. For real. But if you're not predisposed then it's totally safe.

Ive done a lot of drugs. Tripping acid with my friends and listening to and playing music is up there with my best experiences of my life. Mushrooms were also very interesting but too unpredictable. Had some really sketchy trips on them, LSD was more of a guaranteed good time. Dmt was really intense too, but more of an experience. After doing it a dozen times or so I didn't see any point in exploring further

I did get sober a little over 3 years ago though, and I do intend to stay that way (including psychedelics). But I sure did enjoy them.

Oh, you know about Centering Prayer? Nice. Are you a Christian? I've done a lot of the Centering Prayer.

Also, I talked to God about this and He said (believe me or don't) that no one could be more advanced than what LSD could help them with because no one is more 'advanced' than God and God guides trips on LSD. (sort of -- the 'universe' does it, but the 'universe' and God work hand-in-hand). No one is too advanced to where LSD couldn't be beneficial.
I dont 'believe' what you are saying, I know it to be true from experience. I also know what you are saying about the Universe/God, they indeed are in sync.

Centering prayer I know about through learning about different inner paths and I know its a great practice.

Last edited:
Top tier:

Mescaline is my #1 ... then
LSD
Psilocybin mushrooms
MDMA
DXM (highly under rated imo)

2nd tier

DMT
Anamita Muscaria mushrooms
Ketamine*

bottom tier:

salvia
25nBom-C

Mescaline is the best.
It has all the euphoria and hallucinogenic potency to rival LSD but it can be made 100% naturally with no chemicals whatsoever and something about the organic purity makes it the most spiritually connected experience for me.

I also love that you can remain entirely lucid and cogniscent, with full control of your behavior and mannerisms, thus allowing for the possibility of safely enjoying the experience without paranoia or much fear of having to avoid anyone. I generally feel fine being in public places, I have taken it for music gigs and didn't have any issues forgetting chord progressions, arrangement details or riffs, but had a significant boost in energy, creativity and connection to the music.

Last thing I love about mescaline is that I can make it myself and as such I don't require to trust any shady drug dealers or have to worry about rolling the dice and not knowing what quality or potency to expect.
I heard salvia is almost always a bad trip - what’s your take ?

MDMA is legitimately dangerous. It's totally fine for one dose, for one roll, but if you use it too often it can badly damage your brain. 2 of my friends suffered from bad MDMA brain aging/damage. Both were noticeably lesser versions of themselves, you could really tell in their memory and stuff.

LSD can be dangerous for some people, for some people they're genetically predisposed to be hurt by acid. It can make them go crazy. For real. But if you're not predisposed then it's totally safe.
I almost od’d on MDMA when I was introduced to it . Two of my friends were with me each giving me 2 pills not knowing about the other and I was far too elated to reject.

Regarding acid I think it’s more of a reflection of who the person is , what turmoil they could be going through rather than the acid per se.

Top tier:
DXM (highly under rated imo)
my-man-my-man-hd.gif

have we waxed poetic about dxm on here before? i feel like we have. it was either you or someone else, but find it hard to believe there's someone else who knows, yaknow?

View attachment 1036742

have we waxed poetic about dxm on here before? i feel like we have. it was either you or someone else, but find it hard to believe there's someone else who knows, yaknow?
Perhaps.

I wonder if it is maybe too strong for most people, or maybe just not their cup of tea.

It really took my world for a ride in ways that I rather enjoyed. I have seen others overwhelmed, and certainly danced with that line myself on occasion but I knew how to ride shit out.

Quite a few of my favorite trips involved dxm; and for as mind bending as they were, I remember them in great detail.

We used to trip about every weekend for a few years. Tried DMT not too long ago a few times. Psychs always make me feel "dirty", no matter the type. And besides DMT, the "ate up" feeling afterwards is just not something I am really keen on going back to experience.

Fun for a time though.

I heard salvia is almost always a bad trip - what’s your take ?
Only did it once. It was certainly STRONG. Very short lasting.

I really only remember the couple of seconds going into and coming out of it but my immediate take away was that it was a very intense experience and that it did not include the sort of "euphoria" or "spiritual" high that you can get from other drugs. (Probably a dopamine or serotonin thing, but it is fun)

I think I was 26 or so when I tried it. I was still partying a great deal, but long long past the initial experimental phase of drug use.

I really enjoy LONG form hallucinogenic experiences, I like the mental exercise of unscrewing my brain and altering my perception and then LIVING in that altered state. Salvia did not really offer that, so not really my thing.

Perhaps.

I wonder if it is maybe too strong for most people, or maybe just not their cup of tea.

It really took my world for a ride in ways that I rather enjoyed. I have seen others overwhelmed, and certainly danced with that line myself on occasion but I knew how to ride shit out.

Quite a few of my favorite trips involved dxm; and for as mind bending as they were, I remember them in great detail.

yep same. it did become a “problem” (habit) for me at one point in my late teens/early 20s though. i was hurling myself into 4th plateau trips, taking upwards of 1600mg, 3-4 times a week.

i regret nothing.

Last edited:
yep same. it did become a “problem” (habit) for me at one point in my late teens/early 20s though. i was hurling myself into 4th plateau trips, taking upwards of 1200mg, 3-4 times a week.

i regret nothing.
What exactly is a "4th plateau trip" ?

I looked up the purple box coriciden hbp, 30mg per pill, I have taken up to 2 boxes, so 960mg. I would often take it on a pretty much empty stomach and along with other party drugs.

I think that may be how I avoided any habitual issues with ... anything heavy really. I was spoiled to live in NY area and generally have a pretty decent variety of things available, so I could rotate. And I always had to hold down a job and pay rent so while I definitely enjoyed pushing boundaries, I learned how to dance with the devil and stay on my feet.

I may be older than you, guessing off of your lingo. I notice younger folks often discuss drugs in terms of mg dose which for most drugs (lsd, mdma, etc) we had no idea.

97803668648bd603ec8f5fda2f1253ac.jpg

Only did it once. It was certainly STRONG. Very short lasting.

I really only remember the couple of seconds going into and coming out of it but my immediate take away was that it was a very intense experience and that it did not include the sort of "euphoria" or "spiritual" high that you can get from other drugs. (Probably a dopamine or serotonin thing, but it is fun)

I think I was 26 or so when I tried it. I was still partying a great deal, but long long past the initial experimental phase of drug use.

I really enjoy LONG form hallucinogenic experiences, I like the mental exercise of unscrewing my brain and altering my perception and then LIVING in that altered state. Salvia did not really offer that, so not really my thing.
Thanks for your take - so no sort of epiphanies ? Could you elaborate on what you mean by “ intense” ?

yep same. it did become a “problem” (habit) for me at one point in my late teens/early 20s though. i was hurling myself into 4th plateau trips, taking upwards of 1200mg, 3-4 times a week.

i regret nothing.
We always overdo it in our youth.
That said LSD has a 2 week tolerance so you dont get much from doing it more than once a week.
It also is considered to have a saturation of about 5-600ug, beyond which taking more doesn't give you much if any additional effects.

Thanks for your take - so no sort of epiphanies ? Could you elaborate on what you mean by “ intense” ?
Hard to really expand on an experience that I can barely remember. But I'll see what I can do...

First couple of seconds felt like I was being sucked out of this plane of existence, as though the matter which composes me was temporarily fragmented into individual transportable units and wafted thru the air as a cyclone might wisp sand off the desert floor.

Then I was somewhere else.
Not the DMT place of geometric shapes.
Just not here.

From there I know there was an experience and my sentiment is that time was the same, a second for a second, minute for a minute. But my experience and thus the memories it would have formed remain in that place. Almost such that I might be able to temporarily access them again should I partake on another occasion, which I never did.

And then I was back.

It was a "snap back to reality"
No whisp. No cyclone.

Just me in the seat.
Nate (guitarist in my band at the time) on the couch.

I became suddenly aware that I was inside, as though perhaps my brief other plane experience had not taken place indoors or at least not in the room I was in. And it was my turn to hold the lighter.

Then I felt slightly altered but absolutely no longer under the same spell and no lingering effects that were reminiscent of the drug experience. It was gone as quickly as it arose if not faster.

I felt no joy or enlightenment.
Though also no fear or malice.
Whatever happened in the experience including anything that may have affected my consciousness stayed there, like what "they" say happens in Vegas.

Last edited:
Hard to really expand on an experience that I can barely remember. But I'll see what I can do...

First couple of seconds felt like I was being sucked out of this plane of existence, as though the matter which composes me was temporarily fragmented into individual transportable units and wafted thru the air as a cyclone might wisp sand off the desert floor.

Then I was somewhere else.
Not the DMT place of geometric shapes.
Just not here.

From there I know there was an experience and my sentiment is that time was the same, a second for a second, minute for a minute. But my experience and thus the memories it would have formed remain in that place. Almost such that I might be able to temporarily access them again should I partake on another occasion, which I never did.

And then I was back.

It was a "snap back to reality"
No whisp. No cyclone.

Just me in the seat.
Nate (guitarist in my band at the time) on the couch.

I became suddenly aware that I was inside, as though perhaps my brief other plane experience had not taken place indoors or at least not in the room I was in. And it was my turn to hold the lighter.

Then I felt slightly altered but absolutely no longer under the same spell and no lingering effects that were reminiscent of the drug experience. It was gone as quickly as it arose if not faster.

I felt no joy or enlightenment. Whatever happened in the experience including anything that may have affected my consciousness stayed there, like what "they" say happens in Vegas.
Your initial words are similar to a friend of mine whose comments were “ rip the very fabric of reality out” or something like that.

I had to re read your words a few times to make sense and the remainder I can only understand if experienced I suppose.

You don’t say if it was a rough or bad trip though which is interesting.

Personally yes if euphoria is there then that’s pleasant to experience however I’m mainly in it to discover something about myself. Not sure if salvia offers that from what you and others describe.

Your initial words are similar to a friend of mine whose comments were “ rip the very fabric of reality out” or something like that.

I had to re read your words a few times to make sense and the remainder I can only understand if experienced I suppose.

You don’t say if it was a rough or bad trip though which is interesting.

Personally yes if euphoria is there then that’s pleasant to experience however I’m mainly in it to discover something about myself. Not sure if salvia offers that from what you and others describe.

I reread my post and edited it to include the following:

(I felt no joy or enlightenment.)

Based on my brief experience, no, I don't think there is any "enlightenment" to be taken from that place. And if you note I keep referring it as a "place" perhaps there is something to that. It was another place, it was not an alteration of this, whatever, this plane of consciousness, it was just something or somewhere else, different.

I don't recall being scared, I don't really have memories aside from the initial seconds.

It was weird. No regrets.
It was a thing I tried.
If you are seeking growth or enlightenment, I don't think this is the place you are likely to find it based on my experience.

I hate the feeling of ketamine. Different strokes.

I reread my post and edited it to include the following:

(I felt no joy or enlightenment.)

Based on my brief experience, no, I don't think there is any "enlightenment" to be taken from that place. And if you note I keep referring it as a "place" perhaps there is something to that. It was another place, it was not an alteration of this, whatever, this plane of consciousness, it was just something or somewhere else, different.

I don't recall being scared, I don't really have memories aside from the initial seconds.

It was weird. No regrets.
It was a thing I tried.
If you are seeking growth or enlightenment, I don't think this is the place you are likely to find it based on my experience.
Intrigued by this other “ place” . Might give it a go just for that but knowing me and my trauma id likely have a bad trip. Not that those have ever deterred me. Thanks for your input !

Back