Social Queen B's Partisan COVID/Vaccine Megathread

https://www.insider.com/texas-restaurant-owner-removed-a-family-wearing-masks-to-protect-son-2021-9
His business his rules. He is within his right to institute a dress code. There will be a lot of virtue signaling over this but I support his decision as one of the few pro capitalists on Sherdog.

What I find funny is the anti maskers support this decision but do not support other businesses requiring masks. You will see some big name talk show opinion (they don't do news and admitted so in court) will jump all over this and applaud this decision, when they have been on air shitting on businesses for requiring masks.
One thing I like about todays binary political environment, it makes it so much easier to spot the hypocrites whose opinion is wielded by the team they support.

your chance of surviving the virus while unvaccinated is incredibly high stop overreacting.

You could have just said that so people would know your real motives rather than thinking you put any thought into what you say.

Hahaha... Who takes their immuno-compromised 4 month kid out to a restaurant during a pandemic?

And studies have shown that masks are at best, 20% effective at preventing infection. Many masks are less than that.

Yeah... Let's blame the restaurant owner and not these parents.

Hahaha... Who takes their immuno-compromised 4 month kid out to a restaurant during a pandemic?

And studies have shown that masks are at best, 20% effective at preventing infection. Many masks are less than that.

Yeah... Let's blame the restaurant owner and not these parents.

Where are these studies that say what you are claiming?

I am staunchly pro-vaccine and pro-mask, and probably take precautions for COVID that most would find extreme, but my wife is high-risk and we both work in education. That being said, I have no problem with the decision of this restaurant. It's stupid, for sure, but it's his business and he can serve who he likes. This action was a calculated risk to appeal to a certain demographic knowing fully that it could be risky/backfire. Some people will probably never eat there anymore as a result, and others will probably go out of their way to eat there as a show of support. It was his right to step into the culture war and he'll either reap the rewards or become a casualty on the battlefield.

I'd throw them out too, they obviously weren't there to eat any food. That's impossible to do with a mask on. They were probably just there to use the free wifi and take up space while donning their masks.

Where are these studies that say what you are claiming?

Here is one, done by the University of Waterloo, basically Canada's MIT.

"Results found that commonly worn cloth masks and basic surgical masks were only capable of filtering exhaled particles "at apparent efficiencies of only 12.4 percent and 9.8 percent, respectively." On the other hand, results also found that N95 and KN95 masks saw "substantially higher apparent filtration efficiencies" of 60 percent and 46 percent, respectively. "

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/typ...cqpZNPQZJBvymhLlFM7XUZ25sB7onniYc6-ViYxBfyBf_

The 2 majority worn masks, cloth and blue surgical, are 12% and 9% effective. I'm sure that makes a huge difference in a confined space filled with hundreds of breaths every minute.

"But but but MaSkS WoRk"

Standford Study demonstrates face mask effectiveness against COVID-19
https://www.kron4.com/health/corona...tes-face-mask-effectiveness-against-covid-19/
While they found masks in general provided a 9% reduction in COVID-19 cases, surgical masks were more effective and reduced cases by 11%. Researchers say effectiveness continued to climb among older adults.

I have seen different numbers but even 11% would produce a drastic difference on compounding cases. Any dink knows there is tremendous difference on an investment or loan that compounds at seemingly slightly different rate. But we are on sherdog so that likely isn't the case. The failure to understand compounding cases got us into this mess. Countries like Vietnam and New Zealand didn't have the same problems due to not waiting until it became a problem and by then it would be extremely difficult to manage due to case loads increasing exponentially. So, yes seemingly insignificant behavioral changes will result in dramatically different results.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicenhot
Back