Question About the Film The Fugitive

WaylonMercy5150

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Richard Kimble was sentenced to death for the murder of his wife. On the bus ride to his prison an inmate stages a riot and is killed quickly but not before all hell breaks loose. Two inmates escape. Richard Kimble was one of the escaped inmates who then goes to task and solves the murder mystery of his wife and basically sets himself free.

So what if that random other inmate who was shot immediately never started the riot? What was Kimble's plan? Just to say fuck it and hope the acquittals work out. What the hell was his lawyer doing during the trial? Why didn't Kimble think of any of this shit during what must of been a six month to a year proceeding?

The whole movie is based on the action of some random inmate who caused a riot for no reason. Help me out sherbros.

Also, in Toy Story 2, Woody never would have been kidnapped by Big Al if he didn't fall off of Buster's back when they were running inside the house after rescuing Squeaky. Think about it, if Woody had just held onto Buster's collar he would have made it back to Andy, and Big Al would never have crossed paths with him, thus preventing the kidnapping which triggered the entire movie. The whole film depended on Woody falling off of Buster. The whole thing has a Back to the Future feel to it.

Wouldn’t have been much of a film watching Richard Kimble being anally raped in the prison showers for 90 minutes.

Unless, of course, you enjoy that kind of thing.

<4>

Help me out sherbros.
mov·ie
/ˈmo͞ovē/
Learn to pronounce
noun
NORTH AMERICAN
  1. a story or event recorded by a camera as a set of moving images and shown in a theater or on television; a motion picture.
Similar:
  • film
  • picture
  • motion picture
  • feature
  • feature film
  • flick
  • talkie
  • moving picture
a movie theater.
plural noun: the movies
"we decided to go to the movies"

motion pictures generally or the motion-picture industry.
plural noun: the movies
"a lifelong love of the movies"​

TommyLeeJones.gif

If you think about it, if one piece of shrapnel had moved an inch closer to tony starks heart you’d definitely never have the avengers.

it's a flaw in the movie storyline, but yeah, it's a movie, so oh well.

Richard Kimble was sentenced to death for the murder of his wife. On the bus ride to his prison an inmate stages a riot and is killed quickly but not before all hell breaks loose. Two inmates escape. Richard Kimble was one of the escaped inmates who then goes to task and solves the murder mystery of his wife and basically sets himself free.

So what if that random other inmate who was shot immediately never started the riot? What was Kimble's plan? Just to say fuck it and hope the acquittals work out. What the hell was his lawyer doing during the trial? Why didn't Kimble think of any of this shit during what must of been a six month to a year proceeding?

The whole movie is based on the action of some random inmate who caused a riot for no reason. Help me out sherbros.
it would've been called ''The Prisoner''

My favourite movie is ''First Blood'' what would've happened if John Rambo had been picked up by Sheriff Teasle and asked ''is there somewhere I can eat around here ?'' and Teasle replied, yeah, i'll take you to a diner my friend owns, he makes a fuckin' huge breakfast and they're delicious''

Help me out sherbros!!!!{<diva}

Last edited:
In Raiders of the Lost Ark, Indiana Jones has no real effect on anything that happens.

I understand it's a movie but still; he never thought of any of this shit during the trial? And why did they convict him? They had 0 evidence and it was proven someone else was in the house.

dont-care.gif

I understand it's a movie but still; he never thought of any of this shit during the trial? And why did they convict him? They had 0 evidence and it was proven someone else was in the house.

It's weirder how
the guy who fucked him helps him figure it all out, for no reason.

In Raiders of the Lost Ark, Indiana Jones has no real effect on anything that happens.
Besides the nazis stealing the ark from him and the third act being based on the the resolution of that event...

Besides the nazis stealing the ark from him and the third act being based on the the resolution of that event...
So they would have died anyway opening the Ark, Jones was just along for the ride.

He would have been on death row long enough to figure something out. Guy was basically the Andy Dufrane of his era.

his wife's last words were taken the wrong way,she steered them towards Kimble,

and irl people have been sent down with less evidence

We walked into the ballroom. It was a big hotel ballroom. It was the Palmer House Hilton, big Hilton hotel ballroom. Walked into the ballroom, it was packed with people. It’s actually the ballroom from the end of the movie The Fugitive, remember? So, that ballroom. So, my mom and I walk in, it’s packed with people, the… Sorry, the end where Harrison Ford, as Dr. Richard Kimble, bursts in to confront Dr. Charles Nichols, right? Okay. So, that ballroom. So, my mom and I walk in, it’s packed with people. Why does Kimble confront Nichols? Well, I know we all know this, but… No, no. But, but, but… Kimble, he found out that Nichols, along with Devlin MacGregor and Lentz, who has mysteriously died, they had hired Frederick Sykes, the one-armed man, to kill Kimble. Kimble’s wife wasn’t even the target. I know we all know this. But they were gonna kill Kimble because he wasn’t gonna approve certain liver samples to pass RUD-90. So, Kimble finds out about all of this, and, of course, he’s furious. And he bursts into the ballroom and he goes, “You switched the samples!” And Dr. Nichols is like, “Ladies and gentlemen, my friend, Dr. Richard Kimble.” What accent did that guy have, by the way? He goes, “You switched the samples! And you doctored your research! So that you could have Provasic!”

Anyway, so it’s that ballroom.

This is the way reality is described in Chaos Theory in certain scenarios. Essentially the butterfly effect causes a tsunami in Japan. No butterly flap, no tsunami. Pretty normal for fantastical stories with one protagonists story hinge on one particular, random-seeming event. I'm sure you can think of similar situations in your own life.

Last edited:
Back