Rampage vs Anderson (in primes) at LHW

nick jacoby

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
If 2007 Rampage fought 2009 Anderson Silva at 205 lbs...

The Rampage that Koed Chuck for the title and decisioned Hendo was in the best shape of his entire career. His boxing was crisp, cardio on point, etc....But when he fought Forrest he seemed to be out of shape for sure... At that same time Anderson was on a warpath.. On his way to cleaning out the division and taking out some LHW's on the way... In 2008 he starched LHW James Irvin and in 2009 he matrixed Forrest Griffin.

So lets go prime vs prime here.. or at least what i'm going to call their "prime moments" in the UFC

so again...
2007 Rampage vs 2009 Anderson Silva at LHW.... Who wins?

66z2n7.jpg

zsv5w3.gif

giphy.gif

anderson-silva_james-irvin.gif

Last edited:
I'd prefer Rampage before 2007 when he used his stand up as well as his wrestling, Rampage had some pretty devastating GnP in 03, 04
I feel that would've made him more of a threat against Anderson Silva.

Rampage takes it and fairly easily.

This may sound weird but Silva via decision

I'd prefer Rampage before 2007 when he used his stand up as well as his wrestling, Rampage had some pretty devastating GnP in 03, 04
I feel that would've made him more of a threat against Anderson Silva.
Beat me too it but Pride FC Slampage/Rampage that killed Liddell would be more his prime IMO.

Page causes the playboy lots of pain

07 Page might get sniped, He was already kind of lazy and just wanted to bang and not work for anything. 04 Page was Hungry and Destroys Anderson with nasty G&P mixed with power strikes standing.

Prime Anderson was just on another level

The only 2 guys that could be competitive with him would be prime jones n prime fedor

Beat me too it but Pride FC Slampage/Rampage that killed Liddell would be more his prime IMO.
He def used his wrestling more at that point, but his boxing wasn't as good as it was when he rematched Chuck and fought Dan.

Anderson makes him look bad, Andy is underrated asf. Rampage goes the distance though, he's definitely one of the most durable fighters ever.

My money's on prime Spider.

Rampage was sick but his style just wouldn't work against Silva. He ate 1-dimensional strikers for breakfast.

He def used his wrestling more at that point, but his boxing wasn't as good as it was when he rematched Chuck and fought Dan.

What makes you think his boxing wasn't as good? Thats arguable for sure. Some of us think that was some of his best boxing

Rampage's best performance ever was against Dan and you're saying in his very next fight Rampage was out of shape? Smh.

To answer the question though I can't see Rampage winning. I can't see catching Silva with a strike let alone outstriking him. Silva's defense was just to good. I can't see Rampage going wrestle heavy against a striker who has no problem playing the matador and moving backwards. People who constantly chased Silva got lit up like a Christmas tree.

What makes you think his boxing wasn't as good? Thats arguable for sure. Some of us think that was some of his best boxing
He was winging a lot more punches when he was in Pride, but he mixed it in very well with his takedowns so it was very hard to deal with. When he got with Juanito it looked like his boxing was more sharp. Chuck had a lot more success against him in their first fight on the feet. In the rematch he was getting countered like it was nothing; it looked like he didn't even belong in there with him. I've been meaning to watch his fight with Dan again, one of my favorites ever.

Nope. Rampage's boxing didn't peak until he got to the UFC. The Hendo fight was where Rampage's striking finally got on level with his wrestling.

Rampage's best performance ever was against Dan and you're saying in his very next fight Rampage was out of shape? Smh.

To answer the question though I can't see Rampage winning. I can't see catching Silva with a strike let alone outstriking him. Silva's defense was just to good. I can't see Rampage going wrestle heavy against a striker who has no problem playing the matador and moving backwards.
He fought Forrest almost a year after he fought Dan, when he stopped fighting to film A-Team. Honestly, I thought he got lazy after he beat Dan. He unified the Pride/UFC belts and that was the top of the mountain for him. He never looked that good again. I still think he should have gotten the decision against Forrest, but the Rampage that fought Dan would have run through him imo.

Silva would tool Rampage and it wouldn't be a competitive fight. Rampage lost on the feet to Forrest Griffin

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back