Rampage vs Rumble in their prime

Rampage all day

Rumble lost to Vítor and Josh Koscheck

Rampage lost to killers in Pride and Forrest Griffin

Love Page but Iam going with Rumble on this one, I just can't imagine Rampage being able to withstand everything Rumble has on the feet.
I think if wanderlei can knock him out Rumble should be too, although it was knees with wanderlei so I can't say for sure if a strong Punch would be enough to crack Page.

lol..Fedor was a Sambo guy.

DC, JDS, Stipe, Francis, and even Cain are way better boxers.

Swinging from the hips with his chin straight up in the air. If you think the Maldonado debacle was a function of being "out of prime" just watch where his left hand was immediatelt becore he got clipped.

He was fast/agile and could hit hard. He was NOT a good boxer.

That must be why he had a lower strikes me min taken than any elite fighter in history during his prime.

Tough call , someone is getting laid out
Gun to my head Rumble

That must be why he had a lower strikes me min taken than any elite fighter in history during his prime.

Yet went to shit at 33. Doesn't really say much for his boxing technique if, as soon as his reflexes slowed ( fanboy excuse), he became a punching bag for the likes of the same Bigfoot who DC mopped and Fabio Maldonado.

Ben Askren got hit with literally ZERO significant standing strikes his first 19 fights lol.

Guess hes a great boxer too eh?

Yet went to shit at 33. Doesn't really say much for his boxing technique if, as soon as his reflexes slowed ( fanboy excuse), he became a punching bag for the likes of the same Bigfoot who DC mopped and Fabio Maldonado.

Ben Askren got hit with literally ZERO significant standing strikes his first 19 fights lol.

Guess hes a great boxer too eh?

Askren was barely standing with anyone though was he? Fedor stood with Nog, Crocop, Hunt, Arlovski, etc.

Fedor started to show decline aged 33 but so did someone like RJJ, he only started to become really hittable standing in his comeback age 38.

Strike defence ... you mena his chin?

I'd take Rampage's boxing for a tko
I'm talking boxing 'answering the telephone'

he was disciplined well

8j1GIM0.gif

7C656C2F-1422-0E8C-9A3E835CD0A1FC94.jpg

giphy.gif

Last edited:
I'm talking boxing

he was disciplined well

He took big shots from Wandy, Shogun, and Chuck. Hi schin was his greatest defence.

Bas tells the story of hitting him by acident at a party and Rampage just laughing it off.

He took big shots from Wandy, Shogun, and Chuck. Hi schin was his greatest defence.

Bas tells the story of hitting him by acident at a party and Rampage just laughing it off.
Lol accident? Sounds like he hit him hard on purpose

Askren was barely standing with anyone though was he? Fedor stood with Nog, Crocop, Hunt, Arlovski, etc.

Fedor started to show decline aged 33 but so did someone like RJJ, he only started to become really hittable standing in his comeback age 38.

img...REALLLY stretching to say he stood with Hun...wow

They flicked a couble jabs before fedor mounted him 45 seconds in. Fedor then gets tooled in a grapplung exchange...gets back...another coupla feeler jabs from each...Fedor takes hum down and gets tooled in another grappling exchange...gets up and relentlessly pyrsues another TD then kimuras a guy whi got armbarred by Big asexy...after he was completely gassed from grapplung.

You interpreted that as him "standing" with Hunt?

Whatever.

Thanks for reminding me of that fight tho. Lol @ anyone who watched that and think fedor beats brock

Last edited:
Out of interest, why do you think Rampage wins if he uses wrestling? I recall Rumble easily nullified Phil Davis’ wrestling. Isn’t Phil Davis a better wrestler than Rampage?
Phil fought scared, didnt set up any takedowns and let rumble dictate the pace

Prime rampage wouldn't be afraid to trade like Davis was, so I think he would be able to successfully clinch/grind rumble down if he went that route

Phil fought scared, didnt set up any takedowns and let rumble dictate the pace

Prime rampage wouldn't be afraid to trade like Davis was, so I think he would be able to successfully clinch/grind rumble down if he went that route

I do suspect Rumble would need to at least hurt Jackson within the first 10 mins to have a good chance, if the fight goes long then his cardio and poor defence on his back would probably be tested. He lasted against Arlovski but only after breaking Andrei's jaw in the first round.

Rumble's obviously a better wrestler than Wanderlei but Silva was excellent at staying in matches waiting for his opening and that's what beat Rampage.

img...REALLLY stretching to say he stood with Hun...wow

They flicked a couble jabs before fedor mounted him 45 seconds in. Fedor then gets tooled in a grapplung exchange...gets back...another coupla feeler jabs from each...Fedor takes hum down and gets tooled in another grappling exchange...gets up and relentlessly pyrsues another TD then kimuras a guy whi got armbarred by Big asexy...after he was completely gassed from grapplung.

You interpreted that as him "standing" with Hunt?

Whatever.

I'm guessing there was about 2-3 mins standing with Hunt overall? there was about 10+ mins with Crocop and probably 15 mins with Nog the 3rd time? the latter two especially barely landed anything clean on him.

When you compare it to the names you were listing they've all taken a hell of a lot more punishment standing in their primes. Calling him "just a sambo guy" and then listing several ex wrestlers is a bit rich as well.

Last edited:
I do suspect Rumble would need to at least hurt Jackson within the first 10 mins to have a good chance, if the fight goes long then his cardio and poor defence on his back would probably be tested. He lasted against Arlovski but only after breaking Andrei's jaw in the first round.

Rumble's obviously a better wrestler than Wanderlei but Silva was excellent at staying in matches waiting for his opening and that's what beat Rampage.

I'm guessing there was about 2-3 mins standing with Hunt overall? there was about 10+ mins with Crocop and probably 15 mins with Nog the 3rd time? the latter two especially barely landed anything clean on him.

When you compare it to the names you were listing they've all taken a hell of a lot more punishment standing in their primes. Calling him "just a sambo guy" and then listing several ex wrestlers is a bit rich as well.

Like a minute and a half of them on their feet...half of that was clinching/going for TDs...the other half was a staring contest....like one significant punch attempt each lol

Like a minute and a half of them on their feet...half of that was clinching/going for TDs...the other half was a staring contest....like one significant punch attempt each lol

I'v not timed it but there were 3 spells standing which I'd guess amounted to around 2 mins, not a lot of it clinching as those takedowns happened quite fast.

It was pretty aggressive striking though, standing close in to Hunt and exchanging with him as vs Arlovski.

The reality is Fedor had some of the best head/upper body movement defence ever at HW or indeed MMA as a whole, the ability to slip punchs was clearly on another level to any of the names you listed.

That probably explains his decline pretty well too the same way say RJJ didn't last as well as B-hop.

lol..Fedor was a Sambo guy.

DC, JDS, Stipe, Francis, and even Cain are way better boxers.

Swinging from the hips with his chin straight up in the air. If you think the Maldonado debacle was a function of being "out of prime" just watch where his left hand was immediatelt becore he got clipped.

He was fast/agile and could hit hard. He was NOT a good boxer.

Damn youre right, was his opposite hand low like this?

images

images

Or was it more like this guy?
images

images

Look at my username, if there is one thing you dont want to debate me on its this.

Last edited:
Damn youre right, was his opposite hand low like this?

images

images

Or was it more like this guy?
images

images

Look at my username, if there is one thing you dont want to debate me on its this.

Nahhh bot even close...

Fedors hand was on his knee ffs. And not during a combo.

Those guys are world-class boxers, not Sambo guys. And those are still shots...not video footage like Fedor thinking he's RJJ against Fabio lol.

Chin up, swinging widely from the hips...his entire career.

Congrats on the SN

Last edited:
Back