Randy Brown on a decline?

johno

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
His performance against Turman was not inspiring at all. We may be witnessing his decline. Where is the fighter who finished Warley and cowboy?

I thought he lost last night. With that being said why do him and Magny throw those weird slap jabs?

He's not getting violently KOed so I'd say no.

No he is one of those fighters who wins some then loses some. With some hard work he can become a Magny type player.

Turman looked great I think he deserves some credit for rising to the challenge.
Brown also seemed to have no desire to take risks and was getting his leg chewed up because he gave Turman nothing to respect. Brown had flashes of success but being unwilling to press his advantages feels like he over adjusted for being super aggressive against JDM.

Its the weight cut...

Hes taken too long to reach the top with his massive cuts...i would recommend he moves up , its not gunna get easier or better from this point on...the body eventually has enough of the big cutting and your performances start to drop off over time...it works for younger bodies that are more resilient but at some point it drops off...

If he was my fighter i would sit him down and ask him if he's willing to move up and fight at his bodies natural threshold...

185lbs or even 205lbs $ince hes 6'3 could yield some interesting results

i thought it was on a decline after this
bdf29f6ce16bd9f7badfeab21d07ebc5.gif

Its the weight cut...

Hes taken too long to reach the top with his massive cuts...i would recommend he moves up , its not gunna get easier or better from this point on...the body eventually has enough of the big cutting and your performances start to drop off over time...it works for younger bodies that are more resilient but at some point it drops off...

If he was my fighter i would sit him down and ask him if he's willing to move up and fight at his bodies natural threshold...

185lbs or even 205lbs $ince hes 6'3 could yield some interesting results

i thought that after he got slept by Nico Price. i don't care how hard someone hits you shouldn't get slept like that.

i thought that after he got slept by Nico Price. i don't care how hard someone hits you shouldn't get slept like that.

I agree... it was a sneaky shot and could of been one of those freaky things u dont expect and K.Os you like Holland K.Oing Jacare....

But generally speaking, and from what ive seen these kind of K.Os seem to be attributed to peoples resiliency level after big weight cuts...the body responds differently depending on hydration levels and stress factors...

I would like to see him fight higher up ... It would be interesting and his only 32 which is perfectly fine for the heavier weight classes...Hell he'd be a baby at HW lol

Much like Rowe he has exceptional physical tools that make them potent in the stand up. Both appear to be overly selective with there volume which nullifies the advantage. They both have a tendency to clinch and hold on the fence with no urgency. Brown could have made it much closer to the upper echelon but he has capped his own success in my opinion

No he is one of those fighters who wins some then loses some. With some hard work he can become a Magny type player.

Magny's done as well as he has for so long because of his cardio, but even that seems to be declining a lot now.

Brown doesn't have that sort of longevity at all.

His performance against Turman was not inspiring at all. We may be witnessing his decline. Where is the fighter who finished Warley and cowboy?
Yeah, I feel he did enough to win against Turman, but he was a touch short of my expectations. I'm wondering if maybe he focused a bit too much on his grappling and was a little rusty on the feet. His timing just seemed a little off, though out-grappling Turman, albeit in a mostly uneventful fight, is nothing to sneeze at. I'll be interested to see how he looks in his next outing.

Magny's done as well as he has for so long because of his cardio, but even that seems to be declining a lot now.

Brown doesn't have that sort of longevity at all.
Magny has done well because he is ok everywhere but nowhere exceptional.

I agree... it was a sneaky shot and could of been one of those freaky things u dont expect and K.Os you like Holland K.Oing Jacare....

But generally speaking, and from what ive seen these kind of K.Os seem to be attributed to peoples resiliency level after big weight cuts...the body responds differently depending on hydration levels and stress factors...

I would like to see him fight higher up ... It would be interesting and his only 32 which is perfectly fine for the heavier weight classes...Hell he'd be a baby at HW lol
I kinda like this idea. He has a big enough frame and strong enough of a grappling backbone to depend on. He's a little thicker than Magny -- 170 may be the problem.

With that said, I do feel folks in this thread see him much differently than me. People are calling him low level and no one that was ever on the rise... I guess I viewed him as quite a promising talent. The skills he has shown in the cage when he's confident was just something I felt stood out. Sherdog can also be a tough crowd as well.

Back