Rap music or Heavy metal music - Which do you prefer?

Which do you prefer?

• Total voters
I really love both, but gun to my head I pick metal because I'm a metal musician.
Awesome! Maybe i should've known earlier, considering you had the AV of Usman with tha black metal-esque face painting!

Doing black metal yourself or another genre of metal?

Metal all the way, although i enjoy Rap as well.

Brillian death metal band, especially their soloing is second to none, in my opinion (timestamped):

Maybe my favourite metal song ever. It's sooo insanely well written and has such an amazing atmosphere to it:

A metal/deathcore (maybe?) band that on their newest album (which this song is from) is reminiscient of Gojira for many people, both their great songwriting and the lyrics themselves completely fit my taste and they fit each other as well:

I like both but I listen to hip-hop more so I chose "rap."

Awesome! Maybe i should've known earlier, considering you had the AV of Usman with tha black metal-esque face painting!

Doing black metal yourself or another genre of metal?

Blackened Thrash Metal, commonly called Black/Thrash. Dying subgenre unfortunately.

Blackened Thrash Metal, commonly called Black/Thrash. Dying subgenre unfortunately.
I have a slight idea on what that sounds like, what would you say is a typical song for that genre?

Metal etc. sadly isn't as popular nowadays anyways, at least that's my impression, but i don't think a (sub) genre like that will ever really die out, but i get what you mean.

What instrument are you playing btw? or are you the singer?

There is some amazing Rap music but Heavy Metal will always be my one true love.

A lot of Metal genres tend to die down then make a come back. Right now Doom Metal and its sub genre Stoner Metal has had a wonderful resurgence as of late.

This is my current favorite band Spaceslug from Poland. Three piece who formed in 2015 and released their debut Lemanis in 2016. Reign Of The Orion their latest EP was released back in early December and it is amazing

I have a slight idea on what that sounds like, what would you say is a typical song for that genre?

Metal etc. sadly isn't as popular nowadays anyways, at least that's my impression, but i don't think a (sub) genre like that will ever really die out, but i get what you mean.

What instrument are you playing btw? or are you the singer?

It combines the satanic or occult/spiritual element of Black Metal with the violence of the thrashing, the riffs and rawness. It's my favorite metal genre by far. Also I don't think it's about popularity, that music was never popular but there's just barely people left who play this style of metal. It's kinda natural because of the way in which metal is trending, I think. I don't think it will die out either, but there's just very few (new) Black/Thrash out there. I play Guitar and sing. My best buddy plays drums, no other members.
I'd say these are classic songs of the genre, but I also think Black/Thrash can take on many different forms:

Sabbat - The Devil's Sperm is Cold EP (1989)

Desaster - Hellfire's Dominion (1998)

Deströyer 666 - Phoenix Rising Album (2000)

different sounding or progressive Black/Thrash records would be:
Skeletonwitch - Beyond the Permafrost
Ketzer - Endzeit Metropolis

Last edited:
Blackened Thrash Metal

Ie. Aura Noir (existing).... revitalizing black/thrash metal

check Bathory for raw sound b/t metal 1988
nobody knowed that term back then

Back