Rap music or Heavy metal music - Which do you prefer?

Which do you prefer?

• Total voters
Lol, more like the worst of the worst.
Nu Metal neither has good lyrics nor good musicianship. It's absolute commercialized bullshit music.

Not sure what you mean, groups like Limp Biscuit and Corn were cutting edge and ahead of their time, people are just now starting to catch up to them.

Rap music. I was really into metal when I was younger though.

Metal for me.

I went through phases in late 80s and then the 90s where I listened to hair metal, speed metal, etc and I also listened to rap music.

These days I don't listen to metal all that much either.. like Sepultura, Pantera, etc that I used to listen to but I also find myself almost never listening to rap music either now. In fact, I can't stand newer rap music.

I pretty much only listen to 90s alternative/grunge and newer rock music. Even as someone used to be that white boy who was bumping rap music in my car in the 90s I'm almost embarrassed these days driving next to these younger and sometimes older white dudes blaring rap music from their car. Not only does the music suck but I just think it's almost corny these days. It's like that scene in Office Space... since a lot of these people look like nerdy white dudes that just off of their 9 to 5 white collar job, driving their Prius home. It's pretty rare that you ever hear anyone blasting any sort of rock music from their car anymore. I've really noticed this a lot since moving to California.

Not sure what you mean, groups like Limp Biscuit and Corn were cutting edge and ahead of their time, people are just now starting to catch up to them.

I didn't realize you were trolling. Well done, you caught me.

Metal for me.

I went through phases in late 80s and then the 90s where I listened to hair metal, speed metal, etc and I also listened to rap music.

These days I don't listen to metal all that much either.. like Sepultura, Pantera, etc that I used to listen to but I also find myself almost never listening to rap music either now. In fact, I can't stand newer rap music.

I pretty much only listen to 90s alternative/grunge and newer rock music. Even as someone used to be that white boy who was bumping rap music in my car in the 90s I'm almost embarrassed these days driving next to these younger and sometimes older white dudes blaring rap music from their car. Not only does the music suck but I just think it's almost corny these days. It's like that scene in Office Space... since a lot of these people look like nerdy white dudes that just off of their 9 to 5 white collar job, driving their Prius home. It's pretty rare that you ever hear anyone blasting any sort of rock music from their car anymore. I've really noticed this a lot since moving to California.

me-listening-to-songs-about-killing-people-and-selling-drugs-60746797.png

If the beat goes hard then it goes hard tho

Metal for me.

Just let your inner Juggalo out bro.

But seriously.. I hear you. I was in a few metal bands to top it off and fast forward to now and I hardly listen to metal anymore. That said, my office at home has a really nice stereo system I invested some money into and my pc has most of my CD’s burnt into it and I’ll still bust out some rap/metal in that setting. There’s times when I’m in the mood to listen to that stuff but it’s almost always when I’m at home.

Nowadays I find myself reaching for classic rock (I’ve always listened to it, and probably always will), and some 90’s stuff like Soundgarden -who I personally dig a lot even tho most people from that era will say AIC, Nirvana, PJ over them. As for rap? I’ve got a lot of my old school shit still and I’ll throw it on from time to time.. music transports you back so I’ve got no shame bumping it if I’m in the mood.

Depends on who for each.......

Theres really bad metal n rap.

If were talking like Metallica or 2pac ....... guess it would depend on my mood.

I admit I lose intrest in metal when it goes to just screaming

Metal for sure.

I don't understand the appeal of hip hop, it bores me.

Rap for me. There is a lot of metal I really love, but a lot I really can't stand. Even the worst rap song I can at least tolerate.

More substance in metal, more musicality, more talent, more musical goodness. I used to listen to a ton of rap growing up though.

Metal, by far.

I love both, or really, most genres. It just has to be a certain type of rap for me. No slow, northern style rap. That shit bores me to tears. By slow I mean musically, not necessarily the speed at which they rap. The music needs to be hyper aggressive for me to like it. No other genre do I feel the same.

I hated rap in my teens but grown to love some as an adult.

For some reason I am not a big Metallica fan. I often listen to Iron Maiden, Cradle of Filth or Cannibal Corpse.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back