Rate the Fight: Eye vs Calvillo

Calvillo pushes the pace the entire fight, u can tell Jessica was gassed after all the ground work she had nothing left in the 4th and 5th. CC had a good showing tonight
Calvillo definately did better, as the scorecard reflected. The challenger, however, had little beyond the jab. The latter, surprisingly, kept Eye in the fight for 5 rounds.<{dayum}>

literally went and took an shit and watched memes for 10 minutes almost at the end of round 1

3/10, I was rooting for Eye but she just didn't have anything for Cavillo
The jab put off Calvillo for most of 5 rounds. {<diva}Not jumping up & down like her MMA with a stream of false confidence talks.

Fight was never close to being competitive or finished, fights like this shouldn't be five rounders. Eye being taken down without much issue and surrendering her back multiple times says a lot about a division where she is the number one contender. Not like Calvillo will do much better than Eye against Valentina. 2/10.

It wasn't a bad scrap. Calvillo clearly outclassed her, but there were some decent exchanges on the feet and Calvillo showed good skills on the ground.

Decent, I guess. But I can't be sure because I saw it only in the corner of my screen as I was checking out what was upcoming on HGTV.

Fight was ok.

It seems like Eye is capable of more, but she is unable to get it going which is frustrating.

I thought Eyes coaching was poor too. Tells Jess not to throw knees to avoid getting taken down. Then next round he says get busy throw kicks. Eye comes out, throws a kick gets taken down.

Eye, Lets get your chin down, bob and weave, and crank some hooks out. Couldve really taken control when calvillo was gassed against the cage.

Whole event felt purposely tuned to my disfavour. I don't think I cracked a smile. <{cruzshake}>

It stopped being competitive after the 2nd round, but it was far from boring.

eye is so annoying. she talks about how these girls are in trouble, then says shes proud of herself after missing weight. then goes out there and is losing every tound after the first, and is just fighting with no urgency whatsoever, like shes winning or something. hopefully her last main event.

oh and congrats to cavillho for showing up making weight and fighting a good fight.

Jessica Eye, over weight, under performed.
Valentina Shevchenko, leagues ahead of the competition in her weight class.
Good night for Cynthia although she showed how weak the division is.

Back