Media Real or fake reaction by Ange Loosa to the eyepoke? Understandable frustration/words from Bryan Battle or no?

Lol at any moron complaining about the eyepoke when Loosa was blatantly leading with his head clearly begging for a clash

He looked perfectly fine to me when he faced-off with Battle right after the fight.

Did you want him to hold his eye and roll around on the ground? I mean, he seemed honest to me, didn't have any attempts to fake an injury.

Ange Loosa could have continued and chose not to by faking the eye injury.

My evidence

1) ange loosa wasn’t blinding the eye or reacting the typical way from eyepoke
2) he didn’t even try to take the full 5 minutes. Gabe in around the 2 minute mark and used the fight ending words “I can’t see”
3) after the fight his vision was completely fine during his interaction with battle

I mean, it’s all there. He wanted out of that fight asap

Why wouldn't he try to make it seem like if was hurt if he wanted to fake an injury?

Who fakes an injury and then acts like there is no injury?

He seems 100% by then...how long was that? Considering fighters have 5 minutes...refs should let the clock run for the 5 minutes, then get the doctor, at least force them to keep their antics for 5 minutes and then the doctor should step in, a fighter can still claim he cant see and there isnt much they can do about it, but considering how he acted after...he wasnt hurt.

I'm siding with Loosa for this one, Battle shouldn't have gotten his thumb in Loosa's eye if he wanted the win, and if in doubt, keep the fingers far away from the eyes so the accidents don't happen

People blaming Loosa or accusing him of "headbutting" (Battle dipped his head into Loosa's) are big clowns. And no, trying to brawl after Battle was mouthing off, and after Loosa had several minutes to recover from the poke, doesn't mean it was a fake poke

Battle's tantrum at the end was uncalled for. And fighters should be given the full 5 minutes to decide they can't continue.

I'm siding with Loosa for this one, Battle shouldn't have gotten his thumb in Loosa's eye if he wanted the win, and if in doubt, keep the fingers far away from the eyes so the accidents don't happen

People blaming Loosa or accusing him of "headbutting" (Battle dipped his head into Loosa's) are big clowns. And no, trying to brawl after Battle was mouthing off, and after Loosa had several minutes to recover from the poke, doesn't mean it was a fake poke
A professional fighter and lots of people in general would attempt to step up to someone talking shit like Battle was anyway even if they were compromised because the foul happened during a sporting contest and Battle brought it up on a personal level. That alone doesn't say whether or not the eye poke was legit or faked.

Battle definitely seems like a bit of a dink but Loosa definitely looked like he had enough of that fight and wanted to see another day without a L on the record.

Went from can't see to threatening to kill Battle and seemed perfectly ready to go, all within a minute.

A professional fighter and lots of people in general would attempt to step up to someone talking shit like Battle was anyway even if they were compromised because the foul happened during a sporting contest and Battle brought it up on a personal level. That alone doesn't say whether or not the eye poke was legit or faked.
Exactly, Battle trashy af and I'll be rooting against him for sure

How does one sucker punch someone he’s in a fight with? I mean yeah, it’s sparring but you expect to get punched and do some punching yourself.

It’s like you play 1v1 in basketball and all of sudden the other guy fking donks on you. What’s all that about??

Do you train? First of all, setting is important. When famous professionals fight, they fly in special sparring partners to help them simulate their future opponent, everyone in the gym is watching them, they have the undivided attention of their coaches, someone is recording, they're wearing head gear, and they agree to go hard. The video above is what you might be envisioning.

What I am discussing occurred at the end of a group mma/muay thai class where beginners, amateur fighters, and pro fighters are all training together.

So we started sparring on the mats, in a shared space with lots of people around. We touch gloves or whatever, I put up a guard, threw a couple leg kicks, pawed out a few punches, the opponent's body language was relaxed and stationary, I was not expecting to get hit very hard per usual in a regular routine sparring session, and then he uncorks a 100% power right hand that rearranged my nose on my face and I barely even saw the punch coming it caught me by surprise.

I think that's a sucker punch, the guy clearly intended to cause damage, nothing was spoken about the intensity of the sparring session, there was no indication he was throwing that hard before the first punch that broke my nose. He wasn't moving around and feinting and acting serious like a real fight, he didn't throw any hard leg kicks or body punches, or throw a few hard punches to be blocked by my high guard or did anythig that would have put me on notice I was about to be in a real fight

I also had a fight scheduled 29 days after that sparring session (4 weeks + 1 day) and the guy in sparring knew it. Generally you don't try to fuck people's faces up in sparring right before they have real fights. I had to go into the sanctioned fight with the broken nose and the first punch I was hit with in the sanctioned fight I could feel my nose move because it takes about 10-12 weeks for the bones in your nose to fuze after being broken.

Last edited:
He poked him in the eye. End of story. All that extra shit and the I will kill you shit is why they are fucking nobody who would have never been talked about had they not done this dumb shit. Rebook it.

Back